Quantcast Biergarten..yes or no???? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

we have eaten here once. The food was ok not bad but nothing special. The desserts were beautiful though and well worth it. The entertainment was very good too.
    I would say to try it.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    You know, I don't think that I've ever seen the words 'gourmet' and 'German food' together in a sentence.
    That's only 'cause the German's and the French hate each other.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

gf and i ate there once and it was a miserable experience for me, gf thought it was okbut not terribly impressed. DO NOT GO IF
    1. you dont like the smell of sourkraut (duh, right)

2. you dont like loud places. the show is loud and the whole place is tile and concrete with no sound dampening. good luck having a conversation.

2 you dont like sitting with strangers. i was penned in and couldnt get up without asking the person next to me (who I did not know) to get up.

if these dont seem like a big deal, then you will most likely enjoy yourself as so many people do.

whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

We've eaten there in the past and have already made our ADR's to eat there for the next trip. It's a fun place and we think the food is very tasty. First time that we are bringing the kids will be this year. I have one who is a picky eater, but I'm positive he will enjoy his meal there. I say go for it!
    2016 May AULANI, 2015, Oct F&W Poly
    2015 May SSR, 2014 BCV 2013 Oct-F&WF POR,2013 May-BLT,
    2012 AKL-Kidani/SSR,2011 BLT/OKW,2010 POR,2009 POR,
    2008 CBR,2005 POR/AKL,2003 CBR,2001 POR/AKL,2000 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rainbodragon View Post
    DO NOT GO IF
    1. you dont like the smell of sourkraut (duh, right)
    You hit the nail on the head there. I love love love it! But my DD can not handle it. We have eaten there about three times and I promised her we would never go back when she was with us. You can begin to smell the aroma as soon as you get to the check in. ( which is outside)

Post Thanks / Like

My boys (raised on home-made German food) and I have always gone. Its not the best German, but good, filling, and doesnt taste like typical restaurant food. On a long trip, I get tired of eating out, and this (like Garden Grille) tastes a little more home-made to me.
    Last trip (6/08), my new wife and our two (picky) stepsons were along. They (the boys) were both dubious, and they liked the meal quite a lot. GIve it a try, a bad meal at WDW beats most things I can think of, and you may love it
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I go everytime I go too and the food is great and the people I have been seated with are very interesting. This last time we met a couple that both worked at the Nasa Space Center as engineeers and the other couple were retired RVer's from Lake Tahoe so we talked alot and had a great time. It's all in what you make it and there is alot of singing and dancing if your brave enough to get up and get on the dance floor...

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't understand why there are bad reviews on the food. My husband and I loved the food. Yeah it's German fair and that may not be everyone's favorite but it is not like it is too different from the food that we eat. We loved this place. It was one of our favorites on our last trip and we couldn't believe that we hadn't gone sooner.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post
    You hit the nail on the head there. I love love love it! But my DD can not handle it. We have eaten there about three times and I promised her we would never go back when she was with us. You can begin to smell the aroma as soon as you get to the check in. ( which is outside)
    Actually I HATE saurkraut (sp) and I still loved this place!
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biergarten? Ja!

The Biergarten is a must-do. It is entertaining, features German specialties and national comfort food, great desserts, and a band. And let's not forget the GIANT biers they serve there, just like in the Hoffbrau Haus in Munich. You're a group of five. Even if you're stuck with a small group who are duds, you can sway the table and ensure a good time. Are you a gregarious and fun-loving family? Then definitely, YES.

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

One of our favorite WDW restaurants.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

the food is so -so but the deserts are lovely and the band is great. We ended up talking to a lovely couple about bizarely rent collection (i work for a Scottish Council and thats my job basically), and it was really nice. You'll never know unless you go
    Lifes a witch and then you fly

Post Thanks / Like

go,go,go, we always try to fit it in every trip.if you want to save money, word of advice go to lunch instead of dinner. the menu is basically the same ,but alot cheaper.
    3/82 3/85 3/88 3/91-offsite
    4/92 Poly
    5/01 Coronado
    5/02 Yacht
    5/04 Yacht
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 PO FQ
    5/06 Yacht
    5/07 WL
    5/08 AS Music 10/08 Dolphin
    5/09 Contemp 10/09 Boardwalk Villa
    5/10 Contemp-Atrium 10/10 Beach
    5/11 Contemp 10/11 Yacht
    5/12 Yacht cl 10/12 Dolphin
    4/13 Yacht cl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pamickeys View Post
    go,go,go, we always try to fit it in every trip.if you want to save money, word of advice go to lunch instead of dinner. the menu is basically the same ,but alot cheaper.
    Cheaper...but without the entertainment and a smaller selection of food.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    Cheaper...but without the entertainment and a smaller selection of food.
    Smaller selection of food... yes. No entertainment? They were there when I went there for lunch.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

If you have never been ,i would give it a go its good fun and the food is varied as well
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I went for the first time this past December, and absolutely loved it! So much so, that we are going back in May.

The food was much, much better than I was expecting. We both found so much that we enjoyed. We were also happy to see that they serve one of our favorite beers. When we ordered it, the server asked if we wanted a small or large, so we both got a large. WOW! The glasses were 2 LITERS! A soda bottle's worth of beer! I drank about 1/3 of mine. It was huge.

The music was great. The kids in the restaurant loved it, and were dancing the entire time the band played.

We also loved sitting with "strangers". We got to know some fun and interesting people, and loved talking about where we were all from, how long we were in WDW, what we like, etc. This was our first night in WDW, so DH and I were really into the whole experience!

Definitely give it a try. We were very pleasantly surprised.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Take a chance

Personally I don't like it, but I wouldn't know that if I hadn't eaten there. Of all the meals I have had at WDW this was the only one I didn't like. That said there were plenty of people enjoying the meal when I was there. So go keep an open mind and see if you like it.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: