Quantcast Biergarten..yes or no????

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Biergarten..yes or no????

I have made a reseveration for Biegarten and since then have seen alot of negative reviews on the food. Those of you have dined there please give me a yes or no!!! I thought the show might be fun and the food is a buffet style so I thought everyone in our group (5 adults and a toddler) would find something to eat, but if the food is not so good I have no problem finding another choice. There are so many places to pick from. What is it that people don't like about this restaurant?? or love??

Thnaks much
    All Star Sports 1996
    All Star Movies/Dixie1999
    POR/CBR 2001
    Animal Kingdom Lodge/Poly/POR 2003
    Pop,Port Orleans,Wilderness Lodge, Poly 2006
    Caribbean Beach 2007
    Caribbean Beach/Poly 2010 College graduation for DD
    Next Trip--June 2014 AoA Resort
    Girls trip Thanksgiving 2015.Port Orleans!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I love Biergarten. We go every trip. I did list it in my ADR line up and everybody poo pood it.
    I am taking my parents this year and they looked at the menu and didn't want to go.
    I say go. I really like it.

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of my must dos... Actually got a couple reservations set up already, thinking about adding another. I don't much care for the show, but it's not bad, just not really much to speak of.

Post Thanks / Like

It's on our "must do" list as well. My wife did not think she would like on our first trip, but ended up loving it. She had no problem finding something good to eat. I hope you do try it, and enjoy it
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

It's a must do for us. I ate there for my first time last trip and loved it...The band was playing that day and my daughter & I danced.

Post Thanks / Like

We're another yes! We've been twice (once for lunch and once for dinner) and both times we really enjoyed it.

The food is good, I'm quite picky and had no trouble finding lots to eat, the band is fun, DH loves the beer and the atmosphere is cool.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Biergarten. Our group of 3 adults enjoyed it. I thought the price was a bit steep, but I liked the food and music so we will go again. We also liked Boma, Sannaa Tusker House.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for YES!
    We really enjoyed the food and the entertainment.

The only down side, and it's really not awful, is that they fill up their tables for 8 by placing two smaller groups together. In other words it's not a place for a romantic dinner for two!
    My DH and I ate there last September and ended up sitting next to a nice group from out west. We enjoyed talking with them, but I can see where others would not care for being in that situation.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

The food is fabulous as long as you like German Food. My DH and I love it. My DD14 not so much. The entertainment is awesome. You can't go wrong as long as you know what the food type is.

I believe those that poo pood it, just don't like Sauerbraten Sauerdraut Spaetzle Schnitzel and
    Frikadellen .

Have a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We went and half of our group of 6 liked it, the other half didn't. The best part was we shared our table with two guys who own a restaurant down south. I think it is a good idea to check it out at least once!
    Toasha
    Magic Happens Every Day!

Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly not on my must do list. The show is energetic and fun. Your table mates can make or break it - on our last visit our table mates completely ignored us. The food was okay but wouldn't make me rush back.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We went a couple of years ago and thought that the food was fine and the entertainment good. However, we will not go back unless we have enough people with us to fill a table. We were seated with a couple who I assume was on their honeymoon. They spoke no English and had their video camera set up taping themselves (and some of us) throughout their dinner. We were seated closer to the entertainment and therefore, further from the buffet. So, everytime someone wanted to get up and get something to eat we had to go around them or their camera. Awkward.
    March/April 1999- Dixie Landings
    September 2005- POR
    August 2006- ASMo
    August 2007- CBR
    August 2008- ASMu
    August 2009- ASMu/CBR
    December 2009- Y/B Club
    August 2010- ASMu
    August 2011- AKL
    August 2012- CSR/CBR
    July 2014- GF
    August 2015- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We have gone here on every trip and have enjoyed it every time, even my kids. On our next trip my DH asked to skip this to try something new, I am a little hesitant, just because it has become such a staple place to go on our trips. So try it out, it is a fun place!
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been once, but I loved it and 2 others with me thought it was ok, and DS hated it. You have to be a big fan of meats to enjoy Biergarten's food. I ate so much that I had the "meat sweats". I was groaning all night I ate so much schnitzel, franks, and sausages...
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there once, and the food was very bland. The desserts, however, were great. Maybe they were having an off night, but we tried many different things and nothing was good.
    BLT Owners as of 11/09!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's worth a try. My husband and I both really liked it. It is true about who you are seated with. We were seated with two different groups and one was a family with kids who ignored us but the other couple were really interesting. They were Florida natives and were just there to eat dinner! They said they did it all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been there six times now and go every trip. Love the food (there's a great variety) and the entertainment.

The whole "seated with others" thing I just tolerate. Typically people will either be friendly and talk to you or simply ignore you. Either way that's fine. It does seem strange, though, when you're brought in for an early seating and most of the place is empty, yet they still seat you at the same table that other people are already seated.
    Mike

Trips: 1983,1986,1988,1991 - Off-site
    Jan 2001 - WL
    Nov 2004 - WL

Sep 2005 - AKL
    Sep 2007 - Poly
    May 2009 - CBR
    May 2010 - Poly
    Oct 2010 - Pop
    May 2012 - BC
    Next trip May 2014 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbie Girl View Post
    What is it that people don't like about this restaurant?? or love??
    My guess is that most of the people who don't like the food simply don't like German food. I think it is delicious and have never been disappointed.

Biergarten has become my favorite restaurant for overall experience (value, food, entertainment, etc.) since the princesses ruined Akershus.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post
    The food is fabulous as long as you like German Food.
    I believe those that poo pood it, just don't like Sauerbraten Sauerdraut Spaetzle Schnitzel and
    Frikadellen .
    You know, I don't think that I've ever seen the words 'gourmet' and 'German food' together in a sentence. I'm not a German food fan, so thanks for the info. I'd just east Spaetzle the entire time.

Just a slightly funny story - I almost had to dine at a German restaurant three years ago for Mother's Day, as my MIL is German. But as luck would have it, I came down with shingles (odd because I was 37 and 8 months pregnant) and had to stay home. So I must really dislike German food if I was happier to get shingles than to dine in a German restaurant.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

We had passed Biergarten over when we made our ADR's for years because the menu seemed bland. WOW, were we mistaken !!! We decided to just give it a try last year because we were having a hard time getting ressies elsewhere. So glad we did. Even my DD14 who is an extremely picky eater loved it. We made sure to make an ADR there for our upcoming trip in October. This place is a hidden gem IMO.
    '72 Kissimee
    July '94 AS Sports
    Aug '05 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Aug '06 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Sept '08 POP ( FREE DINING)
    Oct '09 POP ( FREE DINING)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: