Quantcast BWV or AKL for studio?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default BWV or AKL for studio?

hi all! yesterday i made our first ressies after finally getting in the system as new members via resale.

DH and i have big birthdays within 2 weeks of each other (his 40th, mine 30th) and we plan on celebrating at wdw (duh!). i waitlisted at the beach club for a studio for 7 nights at the end of sept but booked AKL Jambo house studio.

I'm now wondering if perhaps i should book at the boardwalk instead. we liked the idea of the beach club because of it's proximity to epcot and DHS and boardwalk is awfully close as well (we do the epcot to DHS walk every trip).

should we switch to BWV instead of AKL? we will have our son who will be 15 months old and we go to bed early with him. is the boardwalk too loud at night?

thanks all for your input!!
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

BW is not loud at night- but if that is a concern you may want to opt for standard or preferred (non BW view). You'll ave some points too. I like BW alot. If you are interested in being close to Epcot then yes, it's a great place.
    I love AKL too, but it is not accessible to any parks but by bus. At BW you can walk to Epcot or take a ferry, and take a ferry to HS. You'll probably have a better shot at BW then BC because BC is much smaller and usually members who own there like to always stay there. If the time coincides with F&W festival though, it may be harder to get both. Either way, if you waitlist keep your existing ressie at AKV so you are not without something! Hope this helps!
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at both and prefer the BWV. For our DD14 the sofa bed at BWV is more comfortable. However, if you can't get BWV, AKL will probably be great anyway. We usually do a split stay with BWV and AKL. The BW is not loud at night. We love the different atmospheres of both resorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default BWV vs AKL

Yes switch.
    Trips planned for 2016......

January..... Offfsite... Golf outing

Post Thanks / Like

switched! we are staying at boardwalk for our very first DVC trip home!!!

(that trip is sept. 2010. we have another one dec. 2010 and then again jan 2011. DVC ROCKS!!!)
    1/07 - POP : 1/08 - POR : 9/08 - POFQ :3/09 - POFQ : 1/10 - POFQ : 9/10 - BWV First Trip Home! : 12/10 - SSR : 1/11 - THV!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: