Quantcast Honeymoon Suite on Club Level..is it worth it??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Honeymoon Suite on Club Level..is it worth it??

We are getting married this year on 10/10/10 and will be flying down to the mouse from 10/11-10/15 to spend our honeymoon. I was born and raised in the Orlando area, but haven't been to any of the parks in about 12 years. Never stayed in a Disney resort before, so this will all be so much fun for us!

I want to book a Honeymoon suite, or at least a room with a whirlpool. I have looked at many of the deluxe hotels and also villas. The rooms that look good to me that have whirlpools are:

WL Honeymoon Suite Club Level
    Poly Honeymoon Suite Club Level
    Boardwalk Inn Garden Room (2 level)
    Saratoga Springs 1-room Villa

In many ways I really want the club level for the special attention, complimentary services and VIP treatment. The WL Honeymoon Suite Club Level has a rack rate of less that $500 being the cheapest of the 4.

However, both the WL and Poly Honeymoon Suites look VERY small, only a bit more that 300sq ft, and I have read from others that have stayed in them, saying that while the rooms were well furnished and beautiful, they were very small...

Out of the 5 days/4 nights we are there, we plan to spend 2 solid days in the parks, and the rest of the time enjoying the resort and everything the area has to offer. I want to have a comfortable room that also has a romantic feel to it.

Are the honeymoon suites worth it being that they are so small, or perhaps should I spring for something like the Saratoga 1-room Villa which has a whirlpool and more room to roam in, same as the Boardwalk Garden Room (2-level)?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as romance is concerned, I'd have to lean towards the BWI garden suites. You walk through the white picket fence, past the garden and into your front door. I love that it's two levels as well. The one drawback, is that you have to go outside, then back in to access the club level lounge. I'm a fan of the location too, with all the dining and entertainment options within walking distance.

Whether or not it's worth another $200 per night, is a hard question to answer. It sounds like you'd be utilizing the personalized service and also spending a fair amount of time in the lounge. I don't think you'd regret spending the extra money, if it's in your budget.

The Food & Wine Festival is going on during your stay and the Boardwalk resorts do fill up. If you end up deciding on the BWI, you may want to check availability pretty soon.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed in the WL Honeymoon room and it was nice. Whirlpool tub was really nice. The room was very small though. Private balcony you could go out a watch the fireworks at MK from the room.

Post Thanks / Like

Availability might be an issue if you haven't booked yet. Some of those rooms book up fast. You might have a more limited choice than you think, at this late stage. Also, don't wait too long to book your dining. You might find limited choices with that, too.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in the WL Honeymoon Suite for our honeymoon. We loved it! Sure, it was small, but the bathroom was awesome!

Plus, how much space do two people really need? The room was plenty big enough for us.

We stayed in a larger suite in Las Vegas a couple years ago, as a romantic getaway. We NEVER utilized the "sitting area" with extra t.v. and couch and chairs. Honestly, it was a waste of space.

I would recommend either the WL or Poly suites this time around. Although, if you could score the BWI suite, that would be cool too, but does that one have a whirlpool bath???

I'd not choose a villa for a honeymoon. Not especially romantic...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the wonderful replies everyone! I am working with Kathy from MJ (thanks to this site) and she has reserved the Honeymoon Suite Club Level at the WL for us on those dates! We are excited that the food & wine festival is taking place on those dates that we will be there at Epcot as well. I am sure that rooms will be booking up quick, and as always, it sounds like MJ will watch for discounts if they apply to the itinerary.

I simply cannot pass up on $490/night for a honeymoon suite club level at a deluxe resort...

It sounds like there are a very limited number of these available at the WL (I am hearing only 4 total..., as they are all on the 7th floor).

I will use the SEARCH function here a lot and will be posting frequently I am sure, especially as the date grows closer.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so glad you were able to book a suite for your honeymoon (congrats by the way!).

I know I am a tad late posting this due to lack of internet time for moving into our new house but here are my two cents

My DH and I stayed at the AKL Jambo House Honeymoon suite with a Savannah view last September for our Honeymoon and it was FANTASTIC! I am not an outdoor-sy type of gal but I absolutely loved it! We had a whirlpool to relax in every night in the room, and a washer/dryer. It was about the same size as our condo at home (even had living room, dining room, etc). It was plenty of room to move around in. Plus the balcony wrapped around from the bedroom to the living room with chairs... there were so many animals I was amazed. So I recommend doing the AKL as an anniversary trip in the future

*- 29 total visits to the World -*

September 2009 AKL Jambo House Savannah View ∞ Honeymoon ∞
    September 2012 AKL Jambo House ∞ 3 year Anniversary ∞
    September 2013 Polynesian ∞ 4 year Anniversary ∞
    November 2014 Polynesian ∞ My Birthday/5 year Anniversary Combo ∞

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jkf12982 View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful replies everyone! I am working with Kathy from MJ (thanks to this site) and she has reserved the Honeymoon Suite Club Level at the WL for us on those dates! We are excited that the food & wine festival is taking place on those dates that we will be there at Epcot as well. I am sure that rooms will be booking up quick, and as always, it sounds like MJ will watch for discounts if they apply to the itinerary.

I simply cannot pass up on $490/night for a honeymoon suite club level at a deluxe resort...

It sounds like there are a very limited number of these available at the WL (I am hearing only 4 total..., as they are all on the 7th floor).

I will use the SEARCH function here a lot and will be posting frequently I am sure, especially as the date grows closer.

Thanks!
    Put in a request for a room on the "MK Side" of the lodge. If you get one of these two, the upside is a nice view of the MK fireworks at night, the Contemporary, and a bit of the castle. The downside is, the kid's eating area/tv will be right outside your door. It's a trade off...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at the one bedroom princess suite at the Poly the view is amazing, the room is big, the bathroom is big not a whirlpool but it's a great bathroom anyways IMO. Two lanis, the entire building is all suites in Tonga, or even the King Kamahana suite is great too!
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javamama View Post
    Have you looked at the one bedroom princess suite at the Poly the view is amazing, the room is big, the bathroom is big not a whirlpool but it's a great bathroom anyways IMO. Two lanis, the entire building is all suites in Tonga, or even the King Kamahana suite is great too!
    Yes, but there is only one room with a king bed at the Poly and that one is hard to get, from what I understand. Likely already booked for those dates.

You could check, but I think you'll be just as happy with the WL and what you have, for that great price. Enjoy your honeymoon!
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: