Quantcast Segway Tour around EPCoT

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Segway Tour around EPCoT

Whilst we're back in WDW on our next trip, in September 2010, I'm keen to try out the Segway tour around EPCoT.

However, DW is apprehensive (even nervous) so could any other Intercotters provide feedback about the tour in order to help me to pursuade her.

Finally, as we will be staying in YC, does anybody know if the International Gateway will be open so that I (but hopefully we ) can get to Innovations for the 7:45am tour?
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2 hour segway tour at Epcot is one of my all time favorite tours at WDW. I've done it twice, gets better each time.

My SO however won't go again. The machine isn't for everyone... She's a little... I'll say functionally challenged with high tech equipment.

You can bail at any point if you don't feel comfortable on a Segway, they will even yank you if they get a sense you are unsafe. They will provide a refund if you don't feel comfortable. I'm going to guess if they pull you because of shinanigans however you won't see a refund.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Segway tour around Epcot! My daughter & I did it a few years ago & are really looking forward to doing the 3 hour Nature Inspired Design Segway tour in Oct.
    I have some inner ear issues & sometimes have a little trouble with balance so it took me a little bit to get used to the Segway. My daughted was off & rolling very quickly. The guides are great & give you lots of instruction & plenty of time to practice before you head out into Epcot.
    FIRST 1975
    LAST : Jan 2017
    UP NEXT: Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

My mother (age 65) and myself (40 with a bad foot) did this tour and loved it! Now every time we see a Segway, we want to jump on and go. We might try the one at Fort Wilderness next.

It is a bit spooky at first, but they give you time to get used to it before you go out into the park. I think she should try it. She might find that she loves it.
    Can I go "home" yet?
    Mickey where are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peemagg View Post
    My mother (age 65) and myself (40 with a bad foot) did this tour and loved it! Now every time we see a Segway, we want to jump on and go. We might try the one at Fort Wilderness next.

It is a bit spooky at first, but they give you time to get used to it before you go out into the park. I think she should try it. She might find that she loves it.
    I showed this to DW and said that she now had no excuse. The reply was "I've still got time to find one!"

Does anybody know when the International gateway opens?
    Soarin' to Tower

Beach Club 2008
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zawadi View Post
    I showed this to DW and said that she now had no excuse. The reply was "I've still got time to find one!"

Does anybody know when the International gateway opens?
    I believe Intl. Gateway follows the same rules as the main entrance. If you need to enter the park early, I'm fairly certain you can do it from either.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the Epcot Segway tour last October and really liked it. When I first got on the Segway, I was a little unsure about myself, but by the end of the tour, I was zipping around on the thing like a pro. The guides will train you for about 45 minutes before the tour. I liked the Epcot tour so much that I did the Ft. Wilderness Segway tour about 2 1/2 weeks ago.
    It's a different Segway with bigger wheels because you go "off road" a lot. I actually think I liked the Ft. Wilderness tour a little more. We didn't do very much training (everyone in our group had ridden a Segway before) so there was a lot more "tour" than training. You go on the trails, go to the shore of Bay Lake, the horse stables (you meet John the MNSSHP "Headless Horseman" horse), go to Wilderness Lodge, see the campground. At the end, you will get a special Segway tour pin on both tours.

I really liked both tours and would do either one again in a heartbeat. You can get a discount if you are a DVC member.

Charlie aka wdw dude

4/27-5/1/2010 Beach Club
    10/11-10/15/2010 Boardwalk
    12/9-12/13/2011 Boardwalk
    11/3-11/8/2012 Treehouse Villas/Boardwalk
    12/2-12/8/2013 Boardwalk
    10/25-10/31/2014 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Let me just put it this way -- the Segway Tour at Epcot is so cool that my DW asked me to buy her a Segway (and I did). The Segway Tour at Epcot was both of our first experience on a Segway and it made a great impression on us.
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

Post Thanks / Like

While I haven't done the segway tour at EPCOT, a few years ago my parents and I did a 2 hour tour in San Juan, PR, and it was fabulous!! My mom has to be one of the least technical people out there and my dad has bad scoliosis from lung surgery years ago and neither of them had any issues whatsoever using the Segway.

They will let you practice for the first part of the tour, before going out. It really is simple to use and so much fun! She should really do it with you!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HiHoKermitTheFrogHere View Post
    Let me just put it this way -- the Segway Tour at Epcot is so cool that my DW asked me to buy her a Segway (and I did). The Segway Tour at Epcot was both of our first experience on a Segway and it made a great impression on us.
    That's a cheaper version of Victor Kiam's quote from the 1980's Remington adverts "I liked it so much that I bought the company"

Soarin' to Tower

Beach Club 2008
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I've done the Epcot tour twice. Both times were amazing! They do a great job at Segway Central of making you feel comfortable on the Segways. The first hour is actually dedicated to learning how to use them. The second hour is the fun part...getting out to International Showcase before anyone else! The guides give you information on many of the countries, you get to ride over many different kids of terrain, and at the end, they take pictures for you to keep, and give you a pin! It is, by far, in my opinion the best tour at Disney. I have done the other Segway Tour at WDW at the Fort Wilderness (terrible) as well as the Segway Tour in California Adventure at DL (fun...but not as enjoyable).
    Trust me...it's one of the few things at Disney that is actually UNDERPRICED IMHO! It will be a great memory!
    ~Greg~
    18 trips to WDW!
    Next trip: Nov 14-18, 2013!

9 trips to Disneyland!
    Next trip: Dec 22-23, 2013

4 trips to Tokyo Disneyland!
    Next Trip: Dec 17-19, 2013

5 trips to Hong Kong Disneyland!
    Next Trip: ?

Post Thanks / Like

I have to try that one of these times. Every year I go down there Lamont bugs me to take the tour.

He's wearing me down little by little.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This tour was so much fun we did it twice. It really is a blast ... can't recommend it enough!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

7 of us did this tour last August. We absolutely LOVED it! (ages late teens to mid-50's) No one had any issues. It is new and different but they really do give you LOTS of practice time! It is a TOTAL blast. It's so cool to ride around the park that way - zip zip zip I really want to do the one at Ft. Wilderness this fall - we'll see...
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Did the Epcot Segway tour last year with wife and daughter. We looked Goofy in our helmets, but it was alot of fun. I noticed that my feet got a little sore, but that's because you're not use to operating a segway and it is controlled by the platform you're standing on. We liked it so much that each time we go on a vacation now my wife looks for a segway tour. We're taking one in Naples, Fl later this year, after visiting WDW of course!
    1 visit to Magic Kindom '78
    17 visits to WDW since '98
    2 visit to Disneyland

Old Key West (multiple)
    Saratoga Springs (multiple)
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Port Orleans
    Beach Club Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all of you for your feedback.
    DW is still nervous but is willing to give it a go
    Soarin' to Tower

Beach Club 2008
    DLR HK 2013

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

I did this tour about a year ago and had a very nice time. Lots of fun. But, my feet hurt at the end of the tour from standing in one spot too long.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: