Quantcast Celiac

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Celiac

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Celiac

I suffer from Celiac disease and I was wondering if anyone else out there has it too and has done the special dinning or if you just watched what you ate and where?
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]
    " See the problem with you is that you take everything for granted" - Hoggel Labyrinth

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from a great trip to WDW. My husband can't have gluten and he had the best culinary trip of his life there.

When you make your reservations at table service places tell them what your dietary restrictions are. If your waitress doesn't mention it, tell her when you first arrive. The chef will come to your table and discuss ingredients with you, even for buffets. The chef even made gf waffles for my husband.

At counter service places tell the cashier there is an allergy in your group, and he or she will call the manager. The manager will come out with a book of ingredients and help you find what you can and can't have. My husband ate a hamburger and a hot dog for the first time in years. When the manager noted that he wanted fries and that that restaurant's fries were not gf, he went and got fries from a restaurant that uses whole potatoes for theirs!

This was an additional blessing to an already wonderful trip. The culinary staff was very accomodating of his dietary restrictions. You should be able to eat as well as anyone in your party!

Have a great trip. If you have any more questions, just let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I said that quite right... my husband had a hamburger and hot dog for the first time in years because they were able to provide a gluten free bun. This was at three different locations.

Now we wonder this: if WDW restaurants can accomodate us with such ease, why can other restaurant chains not?

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

True I wish they could do it like disney. This is my secomd trip with being celiac but ive had it since i was 11 and didnt know so it is kind of hard to get use to it. lol
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]
    " See the problem with you is that you take everything for granted" - Hoggel Labyrinth

Post Thanks / Like

My husband has Celiac Sprue and we had a great trip to Disney last year. He had no food problems at all.

Just mention your allergy if you are making ADR or tell the cashier at the counter service restaurants about your allergy.

Have a great trip.
    Old Key West - December 2015
    All Start Music - August 2014
    Port Orleans - May 2013 + Dream Cruise, Jan 1997
    Fort Wilderness - Jan 2011, Jan 2009, Dec 2002
    Disney Village Resort - August 1993
    Off site - Jan 1992 (Honeymoon), Dec 1989, Feb. 1977 (CCD)

Post Thanks / Like

We just travelled in December with my niece who has celiac disease and the experience was amazing. We noted the celiac when we made the reservations and at each restaurant the chef came out and talked to my sister-in-law personally about the selections. At buffets, the chef walked her through the entire food line and pointed out what my niece could and could not eat. It was amazing and really calmed the nerves of everyone on the trip!!!
    DVC - Saratoga Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Myself and my twins (3) both were recently diagnose with Celiac, for me its been hard to adjust, but feeling much better. We were worried for our nov 2010 trip to disney, but hearing all these comments is comforting.

Do the counter service at the parks and hotels have gluten free buns, etc. ? So glad to have read this.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad to read such positive info about this! I suffer from celiac as well and usually dread going anywhere to eat as most places aren't well informed on food allergies. I was just diagnosed last year so I'm learning how to eat out. This puts my mind at ease as I start to plan our family trip.

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Im glad this has helped others and myself. Like ive said ive had celiac since i was eleven and did not find out i had it till i was eighteen and do to poor knowedge on my doctors part I was not diagnosed. I am heading on vacation here soon and I am VERY thankful for everyones helpful tips. THANK YOU all!!!!
    [FONT="Fixedsys"]