Quantcast NJ Boardwalks - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJ Boardwalks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kathiep View Post
    Where is the Aztec you are interested in located? Granted there could be more than one Aztec but if it's the Aztec that's located in Seaside Heights, I would have to recommend not staying there. At least not with young kids. It's very popular with the young, somewhat wild crowd.
    This "Aztec Resort Motel" is on E Lavender Rd, in Wildwood Crest, it says. Not the same?

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    If you're set on Wildwood, then you might want to try staying at The Starlux Boutique Hotel. In-season, it's not cheap, but not expensive either (about $150-230 mid-week) for a room. It looks like something out of the 50's (think Doo-Wop and neon) and you can actually stay in renovated Airstream trailers. You're not right on the beach, but about a block or so away. Just Google 'Starlux' and you should be able to get to the Website. It's a place that everyone, especially your mother, would probably get a kick out of.
    Will definitely look into the Starlux. Thank you for that.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    This "Aztec Resort Motel" is on E Lavender Rd, in Wildwood Crest, it says. Not the same?

I'm not positive but I don't think that the boardwalk extends into Wildwood Crest. Just my option, but I would get a hotel near one of the three piers that has the amusments. If you're not close to the boardwalk you will have to take your car and drive and that means paying for parking which is expensive.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said you don't want to do a lot of driving, but I would highly recommend staying in Cape May and going to the beach there. There is a very nice, quaint shopping area and the town is lovely and safe. They have an arcade and mini golf and lots to do. They have a nice shopping area and lots of restaurants. Then, you could take an evening and walk the boards in Wildwood, which really isn't all that far of a drive.

Post Thanks / Like

I go to all the shore points quite often. For a family friendly experience ocean city is your best bet. As far as hotels go the port o call is the only real one but prices in the summer are ridiculous.
    For rides wildwood is by far tops on the list. But as people have said lots of rowdiness there. As far as 4 star hotels Atlantic city is your best bet. Great restaurants and if you stay along the boards you'll be fine. AC has come along way in the past decade and is actually pretty nice now. The outlet district is very nice. Angelos poor house is a great restaurant near the bay and docks oyster bar has the best seafood anywhere. They both have websites you can google. As far as beaches go I heard alot of them were really wiped out this winter due to all the nor'easters so wildwood would be your best bet. Be prepares to walk though they literally have a mile of sand before you get to the ocean. All points south of AC are nice and pretty modern. Most of the beaches north of AC are very old school and lots of new yorkers go to these. The southern points are the Philly beaches and in my opinion nicer. Also the closest one to where your coming from is AC which is only an hour from Philly. Wildwood is about 45mins further south and ocean city is in between them. Also do not no matter what attempt to leave on a Sunday to head home. Traffic is an absolute nightmare and many time it is bumper to bumper from the beach right into Philly. It can take 5 hours to drive a usually 2 hour drive. Hope this helps.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

Also cape may is the southern most point and about a half hour below wildwood. Very nice but not much to do there besides shopping. Unless you like to eat or fish then your in a great spot.
    May 03 OKW Apr 14 BWV
    Apr 04 Pop. Oct 14 BWV
    Apr 06 Riverside
    Dec 08 BWV
    Apr 09 SSR
    Nov 09 BWV
    May 10 BCV
    Nov 10 BWV
    May 12 BCV
    Oct 12 BLT
    Apr 13 BWV
    Jun 13 AKL kidani

Post Thanks / Like

I lived in Wildwood Crest year round for 8 years. Let me know what hotels you are looking at. I may not have stayed there, but I can let you know where its at, etc.

Wildwood has great rides and a big boardwalk. It has a bad rep, but in the time I lived there, we had season passes and visited the boardwalk with our kids, I never had any problems.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We were just at Wildwood yesterday for the Mummers weekend (just went for the day). Friends of ours stayed at a motel at 16th and Surf Ave. (N. Wildwood), just the typical shore motel....very old, fairly clean, nice pool, very small, just 24 rooms. You can hear all your neighbors, very noisy. But after being to Disney, we are spoiled, just not the type of place we'd enjoy staying. You can park about 2 blocks off the boardwalk and the parking is free, no meters. And the beach was not very crowded at this part, it's actually where the boardwalk starts. Boardwalk was very crowded at night.
    Off-site - 1984, 1988 (2)
    Disneyland - 1993
    All Star Movies - 1999
    All Star Music - 2002
    Polynesian - 2006
    Coronado Springs - 2007
    Port Orleans Riverside - 2008
    Caribbean Beach - 2009
    Pop Century- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Disney Dream - 2013
    Yacht Club 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Default The WildWoods

The Wildwood Beaches are nice as is Cape May.

I live in Lancaster, PA (about 45 min from Hershey) and it takes me about 3 hours to get to any of the Jersey Beaches.

My daughter loves riding the tram on the boardwalk. There's a really cool hotel called The Star Lux
    Last edited by NJGIRL; 06-29-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: outside websites are not allowed
    Port Orleans French Quarter July 2016[/B][/COLOR]
    Port Orleans French Quarter & Wilderness Lodge June/July 2012
    Port Orleans French Quarter August 2010
    Port Orleans French Quarter-August 2007
    Disney Land- October 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter-July 2005
    Many trips off-site as a child

Post Thanks / Like

We go to Wildwood every year and always enjoy our trip. We usually stay at the Nassau Inn or the Fleur de Lis. We have been pleased with both. They are very clean, and have pools. Both are ocean front and have beautiful decks to overlook the ocean. It is far enough away from the boardwalk that you would need to have a ride to get there- but there is also a trolley that runs to the boardwalk- you would just have to see what time it stops.

If you are looking for a good place to eat- we always enjoy the Ravioli House! Used to love 3 mile landing but it closed!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post

Will definitely look into the Starlux. Thank you for that.
    The Aztec is a motel in wildwood but I believe it is a bit older. The Starlux is really nice, recently renovated. We have never stayed but we pass it a few times every trip!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

We go just about every year to Ocean City and stay at the Flanders. It is a very nice hotel right on the boardwalk.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we were going to skip this part of our road trip...but now may have to do more checking. Thanks
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: