Quantcast Most and least favorite thing about MVMCP?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most and least favorite thing about MVMCP?

To those of you who have attended Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party...I am still on the fence.

Would you please share with me one pro and one con about MVMCP? What was your favorite thing and what was your least favorite thing?

I have read how crowded it is, and we will have an EMH earlier in the week at MK so I am just wondering if we will see the SAME fireworks, snow on the streets and castle lighting up in the evening with all the extra lights during the EMH? I really don't want to spend the extra $115 if I will be seeing the same thing a few days earlier for the cost of my park tickets.

Thanks!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For me the least favorite part of the MVMCP is the price. So much so we won't go! For my family of 6 it is insane and not worth it.

We do the Osborne Lights in DHS and love it. Great holiday feel and it doesn't cost me another fortune on top of the fortune I have already spent to visit WDW. They have the holiday music, lights, and snow. That works fine for us.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite - Toss up between the parade and the fireworks

Con - Can be difficult to maneuver around the park, at times.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

The favorite for my family is the parade. My least favorite is the cost. I have done it twice and I'm not sure I would do it a 3rd time. The cookies and hot chocolate is always good. I think the week of Christmas or sometime around it you see the same parade without spending the extra money for the MVMCP ticket. Someone else will know that for sure though.
    March 2004
    Oct 2005 Shades of Green
    Dec 2006 Poly
    Dec 2008 Poly
    Sept 2010 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Loved the Fireworks!

Least fav was probably the price ~ overall a very cool experience, but i'm not sure I would do it again.
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Least favorite, the cold and the cost. I also don't do hot chocolate or cookies.
    Favorite part, the parade, which I don't think is shown during the day at all, the fireworks and all the lights and snow on Main Street.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retiredfigment View Post
    Favorite part, the parade, which I don't think is shown during the day at all, the fireworks and all the lights and snow on Main Street.
    I do believe they switch to the holiday parade during the day when they get close to the Christmas holiday itself.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    I have read how crowded it is, and we will have an EMH earlier in the week at MK so I am just wondering if we will see the SAME fireworks, snow on the streets and castle lighting up in the evening with all the extra lights during the EMH? I really don't want to spend the extra $115 if I will be seeing the same thing a few days earlier for the cost of my park tickets.

Thanks!
    The Holiday Wishes fireworks and Snow on Main Street are ONLY during the MVMCP, so you would NOT be seeing the same things on your EMH night. On the other hand, the Castle Lighting Ceremony is every night during the Christmas Holiday season at WDW (mid-November -first week of January.) The Castle Lighting Ceremony takes place around 6:30 pm.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Everything you see at MVMCP from the parade to the fireworks, you can only see at MVMCP. The only time they are shown other than that is for a couple days during Christmas week.

I don't know who these people are who say MVMCP is over crowded but they are mistaken. They only sell so many tickets per night, and the party usually doesn't sell out everynight. But even if it was sold out, the "crowds" would be far less than anything you would see during a truly crowded day at MK.

My most favorite is the special holiday version of Wishes and the Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade are wonderful, and there is never a line to get on the popular rides. The last 2 years in a row I have attened MVMCP and both years I have walked right on to Pirates Of The Caribbean, Haunted Masion & Mickey's Philharmagic, no lines is worth the price of admission alone in my book.

They also have special holiday things happening around the park, Different disney groups singing christmas carols, holiday fun with different characters such as a christmas story time with Belle. Special MVMCP merchandise like pins, ornaments, mugs, tshirts, blankets etc.

You simply can't imagine all the wonderful Christmas spirit mixed with the Disney Magic unless you have been to a MVMCP.

If you need more convincing, try doing a search for videos of the parade and fireworks, they are always great to help get you into the spirit of MVMCP. Disney's site has a lot of neat videos and information about the party as well.

Plus, you can enter MK at 4:00pm, 3 hours earlier than advertised with your MVMCP ticket alone, so that is 3 additional hours to get in rides before the party starts at no additional cost.

Do yourself a favor and just try it once, if you love Christmas and you love Disney, then I am sure you will love MVMCP.

Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite part might simply be the Christmas atmosphere. I had been disappointed at what I thought was the lack of decor in the parks. This helped make up for it. The night before Christmas play was lots of fun, the parade was neat, the lights on the castle are stunning - it was a great time! We went 2 years ago and are going again this year.

Least favorite was the weather - it was much colder than I expected! I don't remember the crowds being bad. I was a little disappointed in the cookies offered - they only had one kind (sugar), I had expected a little variety - but they tasted fine. So I personally would recommend it!
    WDW - 12x
    Disneyland - 1x

...and counting...

Post Thanks / Like

It really feels like the season has begin after the party - the fireworks, parade and snow on main street.

The crowds aren't that bad unless you are in Fantasyland. I think the rest of the park is reasonable.

I can't think of anything bad - and I don't think the price is out of line.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Con: price/crowds (and we went Nov 12/09)/fireworks (not as good as regular wishes IMHO)

Pro: Hot chocolate/cookies/shows/parade

I still don't think its worth camping out for hours just to get a view (and not even a good one) of the stage shows and parade. I would get more enjoyment out of taking my $200 and letting my kids go crazy at the toy stores in DTD!

I love christmas and I love Disney but not the party. Now Osborne lights is AMAZING and worth going to HS for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post

I don't know who these people are who say MVMCP is over crowded but they are mistaken. They only sell so many tickets per night, and the party usually doesn't sell out everynight. But even if it was sold out, the "crowds" would be far less than anything you would see during a truly crowded day at MK.
    Yes but the entire crowd would not be waiting around for 1 showing of a stage show or parade because they have several showings scheduled throughout the day on a regular crowded MK day, not 2 showings scheduled in a 3 hour time span with a parade in between

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year for the first time and loved the stage show in Tomorrowland. It was some sort of Rock'n Roll Xmas party. The songs were great and everyone was singing and dancing along. My kids also had fun at the dance party in Fantasy Land. Cinderella's step sisters showed up to dance with the kids.

We liked the "side" shows better than the xmas parade (which I actually prefer to just watch on tv Christmas morning). We also loved walking on rides, since the wait times were much longer during the day. It was not crowded at all. We went on a Monday night in early Dec. They run a bunch of dates and attendance probably varies.

You can do a search on YouTube and find videos of past shows to get an idea of what you are paying for. I think it's worth it at least once.

Least favorite - the cookies. They make such a big deal out of the "free" cookies and hot chocolate and they are just standard sugar cookies that taste like something I could buy at the grocery store.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I noticed on one of the other posts that the MNSSHP is now limiting entry to 7pm. Any word on if that is the case with the MVMHP?
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Share This Thread On Social Media: