Quantcast Space Mountain Adds New On-Ride Photo Options: PhotoPass Download & USB Drive

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Space Mountain Adds New On-Ride Photo Options: PhotoPass Download & USB Drive

The Walt Disney World Resort has announced the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney World Resort

Beginning on June 28, 2010, Guests will have new options for their photos from the Space Mountain® Attraction. The three product options available to the Guests are:
    • Purchase their photo as a print. A variety of print sizes and packages are available. These prints will be made directly by the systems inside the Space Mountain Merchandise Shop.
    • Purchase their photo as a digital download from the DisneyPhotoPass.com website
    • Purchase their photo as a digital file and combined with other bonus digital content on a Disney-themed USB drive.

Guests will also get a Space Mountain themed PhotoPass card which can later be used at any other PhotoPass location.

The USB Drive will include the Guest's ride photo plus 7 extra professional stock photos of the Space Mountain attraction.

The original charge for the USB Drive and the first ride photo is $24.95. Additional photos can be added to the same USB drive as part of the same transaction for $9.95 per photo. All regular Merchandise discounts apply.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As interesting as this sounds, having the USB option PLUS PhotoPass card(s) sounds really expensive.

Until they equip ALL rides/attractions that have associated photos with the USB option - and allow photos to be added to your thumbnail drive at a reasonable price ($9.95 per photo is NOT a reasonable price for a digital transfer to a USB drive - Maybe $9.95 for a package of your ride photo PLUS 7 stock photos??) I will reserve judgment and save my money.

Just allow photos from all rides/attractions to be added to a new, or existing, PhotoPass - like Test Track currently does. Paying for the PhotoPass CD should be enough $$$ for the pics they take!!!!

JMHO
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18 - PC
    5/15 - POR

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ????

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have any idea what kind of capacity the USB drive has?
    - Ox -

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox." - Dewey Oxburger Stripes
    "Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late." - Jimmy Buffett A Pirate Looks at Forty
    "Have fun stormin' da castle." - Miracle Max The Princess Bride

Post Thanks / Like

Seems pretty pricey to me for A file. It costs them next to nothing to transfer a file to a thumb drive. I certainly wouldn't pay $10 for it!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't purchase the USB drive (at least until its a better value) but I am excited that it looks like they are moving more toward adding the pics to photopass cards like on Test Track.
    ºoº Tiffany ºoº

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. It would be great to be able to have all the ride pics on the photopass card!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: