Quantcast Space Mountain Adds New On-Ride Photo Options: PhotoPass Download & USB Drive

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Space Mountain Adds New On-Ride Photo Options: PhotoPass Download & USB Drive

The Walt Disney World Resort has announced the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney World Resort

Beginning on June 28, 2010, Guests will have new options for their photos from the Space Mountain® Attraction. The three product options available to the Guests are:
    • Purchase their photo as a print. A variety of print sizes and packages are available. These prints will be made directly by the systems inside the Space Mountain Merchandise Shop.
    • Purchase their photo as a digital download from the DisneyPhotoPass.com website
    • Purchase their photo as a digital file and combined with other bonus digital content on a Disney-themed USB drive.

Guests will also get a Space Mountain themed PhotoPass card which can later be used at any other PhotoPass location.

The USB Drive will include the Guest's ride photo plus 7 extra professional stock photos of the Space Mountain attraction.

The original charge for the USB Drive and the first ride photo is $24.95. Additional photos can be added to the same USB drive as part of the same transaction for $9.95 per photo. All regular Merchandise discounts apply.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

As interesting as this sounds, having the USB option PLUS PhotoPass card(s) sounds really expensive.

Until they equip ALL rides/attractions that have associated photos with the USB option - and allow photos to be added to your thumbnail drive at a reasonable price ($9.95 per photo is NOT a reasonable price for a digital transfer to a USB drive - Maybe $9.95 for a package of your ride photo PLUS 7 stock photos??) I will reserve judgment and save my money.

Just allow photos from all rides/attractions to be added to a new, or existing, PhotoPass - like Test Track currently does. Paying for the PhotoPass CD should be enough $$$ for the pics they take!!!!

JMHO
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have any idea what kind of capacity the USB drive has?
    - Ox -

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox." - Dewey Oxburger Stripes
    "Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late." - Jimmy Buffett A Pirate Looks at Forty
    "Have fun stormin' da castle." - Miracle Max The Princess Bride

Post Thanks / Like

Seems pretty pricey to me for A file. It costs them next to nothing to transfer a file to a thumb drive. I certainly wouldn't pay $10 for it!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't purchase the USB drive (at least until its a better value) but I am excited that it looks like they are moving more toward adding the pics to photopass cards like on Test Track.
    ºoº Tiffany ºoº

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. It would be great to be able to have all the ride pics on the photopass card!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: