Quantcast Main Street Electrical Parade Staying Put

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Main Street Electrical Parade Staying Put

the Disney Blog today stated that MSEP is now on an "open ended run" meaning it's going to be around for a while - well beyond the ending of Summer Nightastic. No idea how long that will be, but supposedly keeping MSEP around will allow Spectro to undergo a much needed extensive refurb. So, this might be for 2 months or a year. No way of knowing. Spectro should be back at some point, but, for now, enjoy MSEP.

Press Release
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't say that I'm excited over this one...Specto is so much better...We didn't enjoy this one...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen this and since we are not going till September I thought I never would so I am quite pleased that they have extended it. I will miss spectro as I din't get to see last year.
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in October so I really hope it is still running. We have never seen it and would love to have the opportunity. We love Spectromagic and have watched it many times but would love to see something new.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

Post Thanks / Like

I love Spectro, probably because it was the first one I saw, but I am happy to have the opportunity to see this one. As long as they're still planning to return Spectro, I'm OK.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it is still there when we come in December. I really miss it. We were lucky enough to see it one last time at DCA the day before it's last parade.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this means Wishes will or will not be returning as scheduled?

I can't stand MSEP, but would love to get to see the "Summer Nightastic" fireworks show again, it blows Wishes out of the water.

Either way, I will really miss Spectro if I don't get to see it this year....
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

me and dw will be at the world in Sept, and we love spectromagic, but seeing MSEP for only the 2nd time will be a nice change, hopefully they'll extend the the summer nightastic fireworks show, because what we saw on youtube, this fireworks show looks to be the best they've ever done. keeping our fingers crossed.

victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I sooo hope that it is still running in October!!

I loved it the first time I saw it and love the music! Would gladly welcome an opportunity to see it again!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I wonder if this means Wishes will or will not be returning as scheduled?
    No announcement on that, but I doubt it since they'll be preparing for HalloWishes and Holiday Wishes as we go into the fall. Like I mentioned above, MSEP is only being extended to give them a chance to totally overhaul Spectro.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad to hear this, but I'm not surprised.

I had read elsewhere months ago that due to crowd control issues with DL's World of Color and it's proximity to DCA's Little Mermaid Undersea Adventure, and crowds to view MSEP, it would take a good amount of time to get logistics down, and be able to move crowds efficiently without disrupting the MSEP out there. Since so much was spent on updating and rehabbing MSEP, they didn't want to pack it away, so they sent it to WDW.

From that blog (you know, the one that many here love to blast), it's quite fathomable that MSEP should stick around WDW through the end of the year at least, if not much longer. Guess we'll see.

Either way, I'll be thrilled to see it in October! We've missed it ever since it left WDW.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Curtain Call! By Popular Demand, ‘Main Street Electrical Parade’ Extended at Walt Disney World Resort

Walt Disney World Press Release
    July 29, 2010

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – With its glittery galaxy of 23 illuminated floats, 80 performers, and trademark synthesizer music sweetened with Disney theme songs, Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” has been leaving Magic Kingdom guests aglow all summer.

Now, the cherished entertainment spectacular is being extended by popular demand, Walt Disney World announced today.

“The return of Disney’s ‘Main Street Electrical Parade’ to the Magic Kingdom has been an overwhelming success,” said Magic Kingdom Vice President Phil Holmes. “Guests begin cheering as soon as they hear the opening fanfare and see those fantastic floats covered in lights. The parade is a magical part of a visit to the Walt Disney World Resort, so we’re thrilled to be announcing we’re leaving the lights on.”

Fronted by a new lead float starring Tinker Bell, Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” officially bowed at Magic Kingdom June 6, 2010.

Beloved by generations, the parade anchors Disney’s multi-park “Summer Nightastic!” entertainment extravaganza of attractions and events. Once “Summer Nightastic!” draws to a close on Aug. 14 as previously announced, Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” will continue an open-ended run.

The iconic pageant of illuminated floats dates to 1972 when it first debuted at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., and became an instant hit.

Prior to its current run in Florida, the parade last performed at Walt Disney World Resort from 1999 into 2001. This summer, Magic Kingdom guests have been treated to all-new elements that continue in the encore phase of the run:

* Tinker Bell leads the eye-filling procession, waving from the basket of a balloon floating gracefully above a magical garden shimmering in fairy light.

* Pinocchio and the boys from the classic film’s Pleasure Island sequence join the parade, and Snow White joins the Seven Dwarfs on a diamond mine float.

* There are new lighting effects, and the parade’s highly recognizable musical theme is brightened by new technology.

Beloved floats like the Honor America finale display – featuring the American flag and giant American eagle – are among parade favorites, along with popular characters such as Alice, Mickey Mouse and Goofy.

Especially Good News for Florida Residents

The extension will enable Florida Resident Seasonal and Weekday Select Passholders to experience the parade on their passes. And with the ability to sign on for a new monthly payment program, Florida Resident Passholders can enjoy the parade and so much more Disney theme park magic for as little as $16 a month, after an initial down payment. The payment program is available only online and complete information is available at disneyworld.com/payments.

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I'm near tears with happiness over the news!!!!!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited at the possibility of seeing MSEP in December!! I last saw this parade a couple of years ago at California Adventure. It will be nice to see it on Main Street again!! It didn't quite hold the same appeal at California Adventure as it does down either Main Street! Fingers crossed it will still be running then! If not, I do also enjoy SpectroMagic and will be happy to see that too!
    Dreaming of Disney World every day, until I can get back there again!
    Disneyland at least a dozen times growing up!
    July 1997- Wilderness Lodge (HS Graduation)
    December 2009 & 2010- POP Century (7th & 8th Wedding Anniversaries)
    November 2011, April 2012, October 2012, January 2013 Disneyland

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll be down in March, so hopefully its still running. I haven't seen it since it was last at the MK in 2001. I like Spectro and MSEP both, so it will be nice (hopefully) to see MSEP again.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

My family and I got to see it a few times while we were on vacation there in July, it's alwasy been my favorite parade. My oldest son 16 saw it when he was 5 but my two younger son 14 & 9 had never seen it and they all loved it. We are so happy it's back. I think they should do the MSEP on Mondays, Wednesday,Fridays & Saturdays and do Spectromagic the other nights. That would be so cool
    Sean
    So many Happy Trips!

6/30/12 through 7/10/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/11 through 1/4/12 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/10 thorugh 1/4/11 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/14/10 Fort Wilderness!

12/27/09 through 1/4/10 Fort Wilderness!

7/1/10 through 7/11/10 Fort Wilderness!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    Especially Good News for Florida Residents

The extension will enable Florida Resident Seasonal and Weekday Select Passholders to experience the parade on their passes. And with the ability to sign on for a new monthly payment program, Florida Resident Passholders can enjoy the parade and so much more Disney theme park magic for as little as $16 a month, after an initial down payment. The payment program is available only online and complete information is available at disneyworld.com/payments.

I'm loving this little bit of extra info!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not surprised by this. From what I understand, the fireworks are the show from the Pirate and Princess Party so they were already onsite. Moving an entire parade is a little more of an undertaking.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad it's staying but would much rather see a new Parade after it leaves I like Spectro but it's time for something brand new to celebrate the opening of the New Fnatsyland.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea!!!!!!!! I am soooo excited!!! MSEP is my absolute favorite parade of all time!!!!! I can't believe it is staying!!! Yippee!!!!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site