Quantcast New Star Tours Queue Video

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Star Tours Queue Video

From the DisneyParks Blog:

Last year, Disney Parks fans learned that “The Adventures Continue” with the return of a new Star Tours attraction in both California and Florida in 2011. Earlier today at the Star Wars Celebration V fan event, Star Wars fans caught a first glimpse of a new video that will appear in the queue area of the reimagined Star Tours attraction in Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios next year. The video produced by Star Tours is a new “commercial” that shows one of their exciting getaway travel packages.

Today we’re also giving our Disney Parks Blog readers a peek at the video before it appears in the queue next year. While Star Tours now offers flights to new destinations, we cannot confirm that you will travel to any of the destinations shown in the video.

Since many Disney Parks fans know the new Star Tours attraction will take place between the two sets of Star Wars Trilogies, and that Star Tours can now take guests to more places in the Star Wars galaxy, what do you think of this video? Is there a destination you hope to visit on the new attraction when it opens next year?

Star Tours fans should also know that there’s still a chance to ride the original attraction for one of the last times in Florida. You can purchase your “Last Tour to Endor” tickets at www.StarWarsCelebration.com/Disney and also at the Disney Parks Merchandise booth at Star Wars Celebration V.

View the video here.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone besides me think they could have spent a little more time on that video to make things look a little more.... real. I hate stuff that cries out computer generated.

Maybe it's just me.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the video, just sad to see the old video and ride go.
    ☮ ♥ ºoº

"When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Anyone besides me think they could have spent a little more time on that video to make things look a little more.... real. I hate stuff that cries out computer generated.

Maybe it's just me.
    No, it's not just you.....You would think, with LucasFilm behind the ride, they could have/would have com up with something much more realistic and 'futuristic' for the "promotional" video. But, then again, look at some of the 'artist concept' promotional materials out there 'in real life' right now....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

There is a potential continuity problem with the video and the supposed time frame that the new attraction is supposed to be based in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    There is a potential continuity problem with the video and the supposed time frame that the new attraction is supposed to be based in.
    I don't see your point on this....Even though the locations in the video, except for Alderaan, were not "introduced" in Episodes I, II, or III, it does not mean that they were not known prior to Episodes IV, V, and VI.

With the supposed time frame between Episode III and Episode IV, these could/would all fit nicely. Endor, and the Ewoks, would be the only concern as they seemed to be overly wary of "outsiders," but in the 16-18 or so years between E. III & E. IV, the Empire could have turned them against outsiders....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Why all the surprise about Ewoks in Return of the Jedi if they were so well known that there were vacation packages there? Maybe I am wrong and the familiarity with that planet and the Ewoks was just somehow lost over the span of a couple decades. It is less about surprise on the Ewoks' behalf, but how nobody even knew how to communicate with them. How would that knowledge have been completely lost? C3PO, a protocol droid, would have no knowledge of how to communicate with the people at a popular vacation location?

Post Thanks / Like

C3PO, a protocol droid, would have no knowledge of how to communicate with the people at a popular vacation location?
    Weeeeeellllll that's easy....C3PO doesn't get a vacation....

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Why all the surprise about Ewoks in Return of the Jedi if they were so well known that there were vacation packages there? Maybe I am wrong and the familiarity with that planet and the Ewoks was just somehow lost over the span of a couple decades. It is less about surprise on the Ewoks' behalf, but how nobody even knew how to communicate with them. How would that knowledge have been completely lost? C3PO, a protocol droid, would have no knowledge of how to communicate with the people at a popular vacation location?
    If, somewhere in that time frame, the Empire wiped out the Ewoks (or thought they did), why would they keep the language on file for a protocol droid? No members of the race/species, no need for protocol.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    If, somewhere in that time frame, the Empire wiped out the Ewoks (or thought they did), why would they keep the language on file for a protocol droid? No members of the race/species, no need for protocol.
    Yet everyone seems surprised to encounter them? Just hard for me to believe that it was once a vacation site, 1 of 3 offered by a company that also included the planet Leia was raised on? Seems like a stretch to me. Some sort of retcon is going on here.

I'm not taking it too seriously, but it seems very likely it is a case of retroactive continuity. Disney did the same thing with Stitch's Great Escape.

Not to mention that I seem to recall Endor being a "new destination" in the original Star Tours, which comes AFTER Episode 6. I can buy the idea that a "new destination" would actually be a newly added old destination though, since I'm sure they still have marketing people spinning things there also.

Post Thanks / Like

Yet everyone seems surprised to encounter them? Just hard for me to believe that it was once a vacation site, 1 of 3 offered by a company that also included the planet Leia was raised on? Seems like a stretch to me. Some sort of retcon is going on here.

I'm not taking it too seriously, but it seems very likely it is a case of retroactive continuity. Disney did the same thing with Stitch's Great Escape.

Not to mention that I seem to recall Endor being a "new destination" in the original Star Tours, which comes AFTER Episode 6. I can buy the idea that a "new destination" would actually be a newly added old destination though, since I'm sure they still have marketing people spinning things there also.
    Considering all the continuity work that goes into the Star Wars books, I'd have to imagine that this would be reviewed for its fit with the Star Wars universe and the Imagineers would not have carte blanche with it.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

The video quality was pretty bad for me. Most of it was pixelated. I'm not having the problem with other videos.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    The video quality was pretty bad for me. Most of it was pixelated. I'm not having the problem with other videos.
    I didn't have any of that...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Do most people visiting Disney and Star Tours even worry about this? I mean, I don't think that the average vacationer would notice this. It's just a cool, Star Wars themed ride.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TikiLounger View Post
    Do most people visiting Disney and Star Tours even worry about this? I mean, I don't think that the average vacationer would notice this. It's just a cool, Star Wars themed ride.
    I understand that. It doesn't mean it isn't a retcon though.

Stitch's Great Escape is a retcon, also, with references to the name Stitch before Lilo had given him the name. Sure, they are just details, but there is something a little condescending about hoping we don't notice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    I didn't have any of that...

I'm having problems with the videos on Disney Parks blog. They have lines going through them and are pixelating. It happens in both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I've updated Flash with no change. I have no problems with the videos on YouTube. Any suggestions anyone?

It's not all the videos; so far it's the Star Tours queue one and the Hottest Pepper one. Some videos play fine for me from the blog.
    Last edited by brownie; 08-14-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Update
    Steve (aka brownie)
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    I'm having problems with the videos on Disney Parks blog. They have lines going through them and are pixelating. It happens in both Chrome and Internet Explorer. I've updated Flash with no change. I have no problems with the videos on YouTube. Any suggestions anyone?

It's not all the videos; so far it's the Star Tours queue one and the Hottest Pepper one. Some videos play fine for me from the blog.

Fixed it. I had to turn off hardware acceleration in Flash. I wonder why it wasn't affecting all the videos.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

"Alderaan: voted safest planet in the galaxy." Now that was funny.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Haha Alderon is the "safest planet"... good one.
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW