Quantcast WOC only for summer???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default WOC only for summer???

So, I was at DCA on Monday. I was talking with a CM in a gift shop while making a purchase, and we were talking about World of Color. She asked if I had seen it yet, and I told her that I was waiting for the summer madness surrounding it to end, and would see it later in the year.

She told me that World of Color would not be showing after Labor day. What??? She said that, as far as the CMs have been told, the last show for the "season" will be on Labor day.

Is this right? I thought WoC was supposed to be a permanent nightly show at DCA, year round.

I can see that the DL online entertainment calendar lists WoC only through Sept 7, but I know this is typical (not to list entertaiment schedules more than about 60 days out).
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's on the Disneyland.com calendar with shows every night so far in September - past Labor Day. They were slow to add them so maybe it's a recent decision, but it seams silly to not have it past Labor Day.
    FW '88 • FW '89 • CBR '91 • POFQ '92 • WL '93 • WL '94 • DLH '95 • ASMu/PR '96 • DLH '97 • CBR '98 • FWC '99 • FWC '00 • POR '01 • AKL '02 • FWC '03 • POR '06 • ASSp '07 • PC '08 • PC '09 • DL '10 • PC '11 • POFQ '12 • CBR '12 • POR '14

Next up: Universal Orlando - September 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt that WDI would put gazillions of dollars into this production and re-doing the entire PP to make it "seasonal" -- it really bugs when CMs speak like an authority and give misinformation. Hopefully one of our folks on the inside will give some insight...
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

World of Color should play at 8:15pm on weeknights this fall, with additional shows scheduled on the weekends when DCA should be closing at 10pm.

The decision this year to move the Halloween party into Disneyland was in anticipation of World of Color running through the fall season.

There's also an online contest sponsored by Verizon Wireless for a trip to the resort to attend a private World of Color party to be scheduled sometime in September presumably after labor day (although the specific date hasn't been announced)- so you can be assured that shows will run this fall.

I will caution everyone though, that September/October marks the start of the Santa Ana winds and high winds could cause unexpected show cancellations.

However, one of the benefits of the design behind World of Color is that it can be reset very quickly (unlike pyrotechnic shows), so additional shows can be added based on demand. With AP blackouts ending for local passholders, if demand is high enough they may make announcements of extending park hours and adding additional showings of World of Color that aren't reflected on the park calendars.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mufasa! That is what I thought the general plan was going to be.

I want my kids to see it, but they can't stay up until 9pm at all. I was hoping for earlier show times in the fall, which seems to be the case.

I was hoping to catch it around end of Nov./early Dec. when my DH returns from his deployment.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mufasa!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting for the masses to see it as well. I'm not a fan of huge crowds, so it will be nice to avoid all of that madness. I know that it will be popular for years to come. I will have to check it out before all of the blackout days are over.

p.s...Thank you to Mufasa!
    Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: