Quantcast You know you're addicted to WDW when... - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    Just a couple of weeks ago, I had a cardiac procedure done at the hospital. I was very nervous about how things were going to play out. As I entered the lobby to check in, that "Disney Water" smell hit me full in the face. The fountain in the lobby had bromine as a sanitizer. Stopped dead in my tracks & breathed deeply for a few breaths, taking it as a sign that everything would work out & be OK. It did, and is! I kinda like​ being addicted to Disney!
    I'm so glad you're doing well.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    When I smell Bromine in water, I am immediately teleported into "It's a Small World", "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Splash Mountain" at least in my mind.
    Whenever I get floated over to Durango Jail (like I did today), it smells like Pirates of the Caribbean in the elevator room. I spent a few minutes today trying to figure out where the water with bromine in it is. They have everything locked up tight though. One day, I'll find it.

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

When you have dreams of being at Disney and booking your next Disney holiday while there.

Last night I dreamt that me, my wife, parents and sister were in Disney World, we had just finished our second day in the parks (think it was Epcot or a water park, still early in the vacation though) and had gone back to the room. While there my Dad decided to book ANOTHER Disney holiday for 2 years time because there was a good deal on. I guess it would have helped the withdrawal symptoms at the end of the current trip!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

5. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You know you're addicted to WDW when... the TV in your living room is set to play a loop of YouTube videos of the WDW Resort TV channel.

You know the one that is primarily a blue screen that shows park icons that slide by with park hours and events by park with Disney instrumental music in the background
    1130 miles from the Magic Kingdom

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

when you click on this post to read all the fun things you have in common with other people, only to see your original post from nine years ago! Going this weekend for the MNSSHP and then again for the New Year. Love being back on the East Coast!
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

9. Likes Cinderelley, PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IrishMickey View Post
    when you click on this post to read all the fun things you have in common with other people, only to see your original post from nine years ago! Going this weekend for the MNSSHP and then again for the New Year. Love being back on the East Coast!
    Give us a trip report.

11. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When the white noise you play in your office at work is the a 12-hour loop of "Sounds of Disneyland."

13. Likes PopPhan, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inventor'sDaughter View Post
    When the white noise you play in your office at work is the a 12-hour loop of "Sounds of Disneyland."
    "Your attention please. The Disneyland Limited now arriving . . . "

15. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whenever I go to a city with a Disney store (in the UK for me usually Birmingham and London, occasionally Liverpool, also now a small one has appeared one town away in Shrewsbury) I am obliged to go in. Even if I don't buy anything I am there to soak up the Disney atmosphere for 20 minutes.

Last time I did this was on a weekend trip to London a week ago. Just as I walked in I noticed the music was familiar but not from a movie... a few seconds later I suddenly realised it was Grim Grinning Ghosts from the Haunted Mansion. Cue me excitedly trying to tell my wife (who has not yet been to WDW) and trying and failing to record it to send to my family on my phone.
    Disney World Visits:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry2 View Post
    You know you're addicted to WDW when... the TV in your living room is set to play a loop of YouTube videos of the WDW Resort TV channel.

You know the one that is primarily a blue screen that shows park icons that slide by with park hours and events by park with Disney instrumental music in the background
    I do this, but I do it on my Google Home Hub. We especially love to do this on weekend mornings when we're making/eating breakfast or cleaning up around the house. We can just walk into the kitchen and say, "Hey Google, play Walt Disney World Today on YouTube", and it comes up with the resort TV channel. Love it.

I just bought an Amazon Echo Show 5 (the small version) and tried it to see if it could do it. It can, although it's a little different than the Google Home version. It opens a browser and pulls it up, so it's not full-screen like it is on the Google Home. But it sounds the same!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
    When you have dreams of being at Disney and booking your next Disney holiday while there.

Last night I dreamt that me, my wife, parents and sister were in Disney World, we had just finished our second day in the parks (think it was Epcot or a water park, still early in the vacation though) and had gone back to the room. While there my Dad decided to book ANOTHER Disney holiday for 2 years time because there was a good deal on. I guess it would have helped the withdrawal symptoms at the end of the current trip!
    Unfortunately, my dreams (when we are at home) are quite the opposite. I have a recurring dream where we are at Disney World and may have been for a few days, but have not done anything (for whatever reason). The dream starts on the last day and we are trying to get on our favorite rides before we leave.

This recurring dream is probably a sure sign that I am addicted! I have had it enough in some form or other that I can often recognize it as a dream and then either wake myself up or have fun with it.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a lot of critters that live in this jail. One day, I put a cockroach outside. Another day, I rescued a bat. Last night, a rat came up to my foot before running away. (Which was ironic, since we had just watched Ratatouille at home the night before). My coworker was freaking out about the rat coming so close to me. I said "What? I've always been good with animals."
    She replied "Ok Disney princess." I might be addicted to Disney. :P

Post Thanks / Like

I have had dreams like that, I put it down to worrying about getting everything done. The dreams involve being a couple of days in, usually an evening and realising we have done basically nothing with that time.

I think it's because we can only go every few years because of time, cost and distance - so we know we have to make every day count!
    Disney World Visits:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: