Quantcast Suggestions for a little something special...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Suggestions for a little something special...

My wife, myself, our son and his new wife, and another couple are headed to WDW in early November (staying at SSR Villas). I wanted to do something special for the group while we're there. Maybe an Illuminations boat ride, a theme park tour or something like that. We're all veterans... so looking for something that would appeal to them. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!!
    Mitchell
    "Hey look... its the Incredibles parade!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Illuminations cruise sounds fun.

Dinner that coincides with Wishes at the California Grill would also be fun.

We enjoyed seeing La Nouba. Dinner afterwards at Portobello outside would be nice.

A private dinner at the Grand Floridian might be fun.

The Hoop-Dee-Doo would be fun with a crowd of people.

Whatever you do enjoy!!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Have you taken any of the tours yet? We are planning the Backstage Tour for our next trip, they also have a new safari tour getting started soon that sounds like fun.
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

If you like the water parks rent one of the private cabanas - we had one at TL 2 weeks ago and absolutely loved it! It was my husband and I with our 16 year old daughter and her friend. We arrived at opening (9) and didn't leave until closing (8).

Post Thanks / Like

Behind the Seeds Tour at The Land (DW and I loved it -- relaxing (if you like slow-paced walking) and informative).

The behind the scenes tour (don't remember what it's called) at AK. DW and I really loved that one, too. You get to see where they keep some of the animals when they are not "on stage", you see where they keep and how they make the food for the animals, and lots of other neat things.

Best of all, though, the Segway tour at Epcot. Best tour we've ever taken.
    "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here, and welcome to Muppet Vision 3D."

Post Thanks / Like

After 10 years of going at least once a year, we went to Hoop Dee Doo. What a blast that was! I highly recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Illuminations Cruise is wonderful! Our boat driver gave us a nice ride, and a history of the DHS/Epcot area before the actual fireworks began. It was definitely a Magical Memory.

The fireworks at the Cali Grill is a great way to celebrate a Disney Vacation, too. Just sitting watching the sun set behind the Castle is magical. Then eating a delicious dinner and watching the fireworks during dessert is a memory that I keep with me all year!!!
    Coming up....BCV and BWV 2016????
    BWV July 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15!!!!
    BWV and BCV July 2009
    BWV 12/2008 (Surprise trip!)
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2008
    Swan 06/2007
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2005
    Beach Club Villas 11/2004, 04/2006
    Contemporary 4/2002, 4/2004

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like everyone in the group is over 16 so you can go to the Back stage tours. Did that in the spring. It was fun and different.

Post Thanks / Like

The Segway tour of Epcot is a lot of fun! I would highly recommend it!
    WDW - 12x
    Disneyland - 1x

...and counting...

Post Thanks / Like

The Hoop Dee Doo show is a great show and super great food. The Animal Kingdom backstage tour is really interesting and you learn a lot of neat things! The Dive quest at the Living Seas is cool if you like the water and fish. You also learn some neat info about the attraction.
    June 1981 First Trip (many after)
    June 2008 Engaged at Disney
    August 2009 Honeymoon at Disney
    December 2013 Our Daughter's First Trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Yankee View Post
    The fireworks at the Cali Grill is a great way to celebrate a Disney Vacation, too. Just sitting watching the sun set behind the Castle is magical. Then eating a delicious dinner and watching the fireworks during dessert is a memory that I keep with me all year!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    Dinner that coincides with Wishes at the California Grill would also be fun.
    If wishes is at 9pm and we have an ADR at 9:35 for Cali Grill... Can we get up there early to watch the fireworks then get our table? or do we have to have an ADR right before Wishes to get up there?
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

If you can afford it, how about dinner at Victoria and Alberts?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

For a complete change of pace, why not book each couple for a carriage ride in Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness (I think they take 2-4 adults per carriage), or try and get a wagon ride in Fort Wilderness.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you should definitely try the Fireworks cruise with audio, on Bay Lake and Seven Seas lagoon. You get a nice Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon cruise, up close to the island, as well as an up close view of the electric water parade and the music bounces off the water for incredible sound,, the music and sound of Main St and Wishes playing on the boat, snacks and soda, and then park in front of the Train Station for a view of the fireworks over the park. In November you may want a sweater while on the water, but no worries, there are blankets on the boat too. We did this in April, and it was absolutely worth every penny!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lots of Great Ideas Listed!

I don't know what your budget is, or how often you have all been before. I would say that if Disney World has been visited before, then a backstage tour would be awesome (I have loved both Backstage Magic and Keys to the Kingdom.)

If the group hasn't been much before, the fireworks cruise would be really fun. I also have enjoyed the Segway tour at Epcot enormously - we have done it four times!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brivers222 View Post
    If wishes is at 9pm and we have an ADR at 9:35 for Cali Grill... Can we get up there early to watch the fireworks then get our table? or do we have to have an ADR right before Wishes to get up there?
    We always arrive very early for dinner at California Grill...and we ask to go to the bar to wait, and then watch Wishes from the observation deck with a pre-dinner cocktail. I'm pretty certain that they give you a beeper to let you know when your table's ready.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Default great ideas!

You guys really have some great ideas... thanks! I'm having some trouble finding the cost of the Wishes (Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon) fireworks cruise... anybody have an idea of the price?
    "Hey look... its the Incredibles parade!"

Post Thanks / Like

It's under the info central tab - Fireworks Cruises

Post Thanks / Like

The Fireworks cruise is operated by Sammy Duvall's watersports, our driver was very nice, even took a group photo of us before we left the dock, and was a great guide. We saw all the birds nesting at night, it was so funny!
    Well worth the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Spa treatments! It's a little different, but a great break from the parks. My husband and I finally tried the spa at the GF and wished we had done it sooner. We got a couples massage followed by facials. I never would have convinced him to try a facial, but they listed one as a "gentleman's facial" and he enjoyed it even more than the massage. It was a very special morning for us, and we left feeling so relaxed and recharged. There's a spa onsite at SSR, I think. I recommend giving it a try.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: