Quantcast Fort Wilderness Cabins

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fort Wilderness Cabins

We are thinking about staying at the Cabins next August and I was wondering if there were any thoughts on that. We are a family of (4) with Twin 5 year old boys. I have heard horror stories about the transportation but the cabins seem to have a lot of room for my boys to move around and make noise.
    Disney Dream
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian (twice)
    Contemporary (twice)
    Coronado Springs
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Riverside (4 visits)
    French Quarter (3 visits)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Did cabins twice in '09. Loved it. Great atmosphere, GREAT pool with GREAT kiddie area. Campfire smores and movies near the pool.

Not sure what transportation horror stories you've heard, but we thought it was great. Boat service to Magic Kingodom/MK Delux Resorts, but service everywhere else, just like any resort. It's one mile end to end as the crow flies, so there are also 3 bus lines that run within Ft. Wilderness.... we used it only a couple of time because we had a Golf Cart for the most part, but when we did the busses where fine.

We're not staying this time because it's a shorter trip with fewer people, but it's deffinately our top pick when we've got the whole gang along.

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed in the cabins in April during a very crowded week and we had absolutely no problem with transportation at all. One thing I would suggest is renting a golf cart. This will save you on having to take the internal loop bus. You can drive the golf cart to the main bus and easily park. Besides being easier than taking two busses it very, very fun. We had a blast "zooming" around on the golf cart, it was the highlight of the trip actually
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Grandmom's house in St. Augustine - 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    July '12 POFQ

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Feb '13 Cars family suite!

Post Thanks / Like

We've reneted a golf cart in the past and found it to be very convenient. But which bus stop to park the golf cart at might take some planning. The busses at the Outpost Depot (near entrance) and Settlement Depot (near lake) take you to different locations.

Output busses go to Animal Kingdom, Epcot & Downtown Disney.

Settlement busses (and boat) take you to Magic Kingdom, TTC & Hollywood Studios.

So, if you are to going to one park in the morning and coming back from another, you may need to take advantage of the internal busses to get back to your golf cart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike96 View Post
    the cabins seem to have a lot of room for my boys to move around and make noise.
    We definitely enjoyed not having to spend hour after hour telling our (much older) children to quiet down because we are in a hotel.

Certainly there are areas in WDW in which the transportation is more convenient, but we really did enjoy staying in the cabins. We did have our van with us, so other then when we went to the MK, we simply drove instead of relying on busses.
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Our very first trip was tent camping if Fort Wilderness. After several tenting trips, we "graduated" to the cabins. We had such fun and such fond memories of our trips to Fort Wilderness! I still consiser Fort Wilderness my "Disney home"!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We love the Cabins, too. Everything about our Fort WIlderness stay was great. We had no problems with the transportation and we rented a golf cart for most of our travel within the campground (to store, laundry, pools, sightseeing, etc.). I highly recommend the golf cart. You can drive them to the entrance or the marina, park them there, and take the buses...or boat to the parks. We you get back, they're there waiting for you to drive to your cabin. Very convenient. My son had a great time driving it around, too. He had just gotten his driver's license and spent most of our time at the campground doing our errands for us. Sometimes, I wondered if he'd rather stay and drive around instead of going to the parks!
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in the cabins years ago - it was our first time staying on property. It was a great experience. There was no line at check in and the CM's were great. We stayed right near the big pool which was nice but made for a very far walk to the MK boat. The boat was great - very relaxing and not crowded. The buses were not crowded either. We really enjoyed our stay there.

The kids loved the bunk beds.
    Jennifer

9/2012 - AoA - happliy heading back
    10/2010 POP - more free dining :)
    9/2009 Pop - DH loves free dining
    9/2008 Pop - free dining
    9/2007 Pop-longest trip 9days free dining
    9/2006 Pop free dining
    12/2005 ASMovies first Holiday trip
    10/2004 POR
    9/2003 FWcabin 1st on property

Share This Thread On Social Media: