Quantcast What's the fast pass situation like for World of Color?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's the fast pass situation like for World of Color?

I know Fast Passes for World of Color are about as hot of an item as Midway Mania or Soarin in WDW. I saw on another site that someone said they arrived right when California Adventure opened and had to wait about 45 minutes in line for one. Mind you although that was in June when it was newer and the summer season was kicking up, there were 2-3 shows a night back then and on the night I want to go there's only 1. Also, I saw Tinkwests post about the AP shows because it's too much of an issue for some to arrive in the morning to get a FP. Basically, I'll be doing magic morning on that day until 8:00 when DL opens. It will be a Saturday (with one show) in October (but not Columbus day weekend) and California Adventure opens at 9:00. Should I set my watch to be at Cal Adv right at 9:00 so I can count on snagging one? I'm not going for the "best seats in the house" Just a seat so I can see it. Is it still that big of an issue? I know they will sell out, what time does that tend to happen? I'm mainly interested in the last couple weeks if anyone has been as this is the first time the attractions been open for the off season.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I waited 10 minutes for 1 fast pass and no time for another ... this was 2 weeks ago. Crowds are pretty low right now -- just get to the park early, earlier if there's only 1 show. If you don't have a fast pass you can't see the show form any standing area -- so get a fast pass. There are no seats, its all standing, but it's worth it.

Be sure and line up an hour before (or whenever they say they are letting people line up) because you want to be near the front on the upper viewing area -- its a great place to see the show! I am working on a trip report about my visit to see WoC, hopefully I will have it up this weekend.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, you could always do the picnic or dinner option and then you don't have to wait in the FP line at all.
    Richard

1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 All Star Music
    2004 Coronado Springs
    2006 All Star Music
    2007 CBR
    Sept 20 - Oct 1 2009 CBR

Disneyland - since the 50's - too many times to count (DD used to work the Jungle Cruise so we got in for FREE!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

We went on July 5th, so it was still pretty busy. We arrived when DCA opened at were in line about 30 minutes to get our FP tickets. I've heard a lot of mixed and negative reviews on the picnic meals as well as Ariel's Grotto, one of the dining choices.

We booked a dining reservation as a backup. We went early to get our FassPass ticket when the park opened. Once I got our ticket I walked over to the restaurant and canceled our dining reservations. We got to the loading area about an hour before they opened it up and got a great spot right on the railing of our section. You want to be at the very front of whatever section you are in, to get the best unobstructed view.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

So I went to WoC last Saturday (about 8 days ago). California Adventure opened at 10:00 that day, but the gates opened at 9:30 for the specific purpose of WoC fast pass distribution (Soarin was open too). Waited in line about 20 minutes for the fast passes between the front gate line up and the actual line for Fast Passes. They had a 2nd auxillary showing at 10:15, but I got the 9:00 one. Well worth it. Although I must say that the lagoon kind of looks like a mess during the day with those pipes, I had hoped that they would fill up the lagoon just above the level of the pipes and then drain a little for the performance.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frozman View Post
    So I went to WoC last Saturday (about 8 days ago). California Adventure opened at 10:00 that day, but the gates opened at 9:30 for the specific purpose of WoC fast pass distribution (Soarin was open too). Waited in line about 20 minutes for the fast passes between the front gate line up and the actual line for Fast Passes. They had a 2nd auxillary showing at 10:15, but I got the 9:00 one. Well worth it. Although I must say that the lagoon kind of looks like a mess during the day with those pipes, I had hoped that they would fill up the lagoon just above the level of the pipes and then drain a little for the performance.
    Something must have been wrong with the platform -- it's hydraulic and during the day it is submerged, before show time it raises above the water.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Something must have been wrong with the platform -- it's hydraulic and during the day it is submerged, before show time it raises above the water.
    No, it's pretty much consistently like that now. Every time I go to DCA (about once a week), the pipes are exposed. I've still not seen the lagoon without the pipes sticking up since they started construction on the platform...

Mind you, the platform is not up all the way, but the tops of the pipes (about 6 inches) sticks up out of the water, and you can clearly see the platform submerged just under the surface.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I was so excited the first time I walked by the lagoon after the completion of WOC construction and saw just water. No foreign objects above water level. I'm glad I took a picture because I have never seen it that way again. Every time I go there now at least part of the platform or equipment on the platform is exposed above the water level. Not attractive.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    I was so excited the first time I walked by the lagoon after the completion of WOC construction and saw just water. No foreign objects above water level. I'm glad I took a picture because I have never seen it that way again. Every time I go there now at least part of the platform or equipment on the platform is exposed above the water level. Not attractive.
    From what I've read from CMs on other sites they are still doing a lot of tinkering with the equipment on a regular basis. They also had the issue with the water changing colors and have been trying to correct that. This also created the need to clean the projection domes fairly often.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: