Quantcast Taking DM on a "terminal" trip need help - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We leave tomorrow headed for WDW. Mom's excitement level is the highest I have seen it since her accident. I'm so glad I decided to do this.

I plan to take the laptop and will post pictures to a set on Flickr, time permitting. Can I post a link to it here in this thread or should I just PM the people that want to see the photos?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

Your post really got to me. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and a wish in my heart that your trip will be everything you want it to be. And a wish that your Mother will have the time of her life.

I have memories of a similar trip with my Mother - although it was in 2001, I still relive many of the crazy and wonderful things we did on that last trip. I know you will too.

My Mother loved interacting with the characters. Chip and Dale once played "squeeze the lemon" with her. Each sat on an arm of her wheelchair, with Mom in the middle. If you think she can handle it, why not have her meet some of her favorite characters? Don't forget to take photographs.

Mom also loved to people-watch. There are many quiet areas in the parks which are perfect spots for a snack or for just enjoying the atmosphere (sights, sounds, "street" performers, etc.). This is the perfect way to take a break, but still be surrounded by the magic. And, don't forget to have special treats to bring out the kid in both of you, such as a Mickey bar (or 2, or 3, or 4, etc.).

Take advantage of Photopass and you'll have some great photos of the two of you together.

I would also love to see the photographs.

Have a wonderful time. Lots of pixie dust is coming your way.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    We leave tomorrow headed for WDW. Mom's excitement level is the highest I have seen it since her accident. I'm so glad I decided to do this.

I plan to take the laptop and will post pictures to a set on Flickr, time permitting. Can I post a link to it here in this thread or should I just PM the people that want to see the photos?
    I am pretty sure folks around here have posted links to their pics before within a thread.

Would love to see the pictures.

So excited for you! Y'all are there NOW!!!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Trip update.

We arrived at ASM on Monday at 9am. Got our tickets and were assured we would have a room with 2 beds and a roll in shower. We went to EPCOT and mom had a blast. We left EPCOT and went back to the hotel at 7pm to unpack and then we had planned to go to MK to watch the electrical parade at 9pm (mom's favorite) and then watch Wishes at 10pm. MK had extra magic hours that night and we planned to stay as long as we could.

Well when we got to ASM. We toted all the luggage and got mom settled. I then checked the bathroom. To my utter shock and dismay there was a regular tub. I was beyond frustrated. I went to the front desk and calmly asked to speak to a supervisor. Long story short. We were transferred to the Beach Club resort. We checked into the room at 11pm and missed the parade and fireworks, but mom said she felt like a princess. She loved the room and we are on the second floor of the main building with a full balcony and view of the pool and Boardwalk.

We went to AK this morning then to HS and a quick trip to the room to get her some warmer clothes. We then walk to EPCOT and since the wind was blowing and mom was cold, I remembered that Hector at the new San Angel Inn on the lake had invited us to dine and watch the fireworks when we inquired about reservations on Monday. The restaurant has only been open 3 weeks and will not start taking reservations till the 16th. So, I take mom there and Hector remembers mom. We walk straight in and the place was packed. They give us the next table with a view. We eat dinner and then they turn the lights down. We had an amazing view or Illuminations and mom cried she loved it so much. Hector checked on us during the fireworks to make sure mom was enjoying the show and gave her a pin to wear. This has been an incredible trip so far and I am so happy for mom and the memories I will have forever of this trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Your trip sounds amazing. I actually cried reading your report. So touching. I'm so glad you are able to make these special memories with your mom. What a great treat to be upgraded to the BC. So sorry you missed the MK activities but hopefully you will have an opportunity later in the trip.

Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the report!

Glad they got your room sorted out. Sorry that happened- but cool that you are at Beach Club!

Sounds like you are having a marvelous time!
    Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

I am sooo happy for you and your mom!!!
    Sounds like a MEMORABLE time you are having with her!! Love it!!!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Trip update.

We arrived at ASM on Monday at 9am. Got our tickets and were assured we would have a room with 2 beds and a roll in shower. We went to EPCOT and mom had a blast. We left EPCOT and went back to the hotel at 7pm to unpack and then we had planned to go to MK to watch the electrical parade at 9pm (mom's favorite) and then watch Wishes at 10pm. MK had extra magic hours that night and we planned to stay as long as we could.

Well when we got to ASM. We toted all the luggage and got mom settled. I then checked the bathroom. To my utter shock and dismay there was a regular tub. I was beyond frustrated. I went to the front desk and calmly asked to speak to a supervisor. Long story short. We were transferred to the Beach Club resort. We checked into the room at 11pm and missed the parade and fireworks, but mom said she felt like a princess. She loved the room and we are on the second floor of the main building with a full balcony and view of the pool and Boardwalk.

We went to AK this morning then to HS and a quick trip to the room to get her some warmer clothes. We then walk to EPCOT and since the wind was blowing and mom was cold, I remembered that Hector at the new San Angel Inn on the lake had invited us to dine and watch the fireworks when we inquired about reservations on Monday. The restaurant has only been open 3 weeks and will not start taking reservations till the 16th. So, I take mom there and Hector remembers mom. We walk straight in and the place was packed. They give us the next table with a view. We eat dinner and then they turn the lights down. We had an amazing view or Illuminations and mom cried she loved it so much. Hector checked on us during the fireworks to make sure mom was enjoying the show and gave her a pin to wear. This has been an incredible trip so far and I am so happy for mom and the memories I will have forever of this trip.
    How wonderful! You guys sound like you are having a truly magical time! Keep us posted, I am enjoying following you & your mothers trip reports.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

It's so nice to hear that Disney has helped make this a magic trip for your mom!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Trip update:

My on-line friend of 3 years came down to BC to meet mom and me. She posted a photo here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/17146021@N04/5057186215/

Took mom to MK. She was not able to do POTC or the WEDway people mover. This upset her. But was able to do HM. IASW is still closed. PPF was a no go also. She was given a GAC with the alternate entrance on her first day and that has helped on a few occasions, but for the most part the lines have been short.

She loved just being in the park and was quite content to have me just push her around and see the park and the children enjoying themselves. Mom's late husband had a ring made with his name years ago. I took mom to the same place and had them make a ring with her name on it. She loved it so much. She put the ring on her finger with his ring and started crying. Not the reaction I was hoping for. She said "now we are together at DW again"

I took her to Liberty Square and got her a prime spot for the Electrical parade. All of the characters waved and blew kisses to her. She loved it. She was waving the whole parade.
    After that we watched Wishes and she said "this has been the best trip of her life. She started crying again. I asked what was wrong. She said "Thank you". Well that did it for me. I had tears streaming down my face and was so glad we were in the mass exodus heading for the exit and no one noticed.

It has been a magical trip so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Trip update:

My on-line friend of 3 years came down to BC to meet mom and me. She posted a photo here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/17146021@N04/5057186215/

Took mom to MK. She was not able to do POTC or the WEDway people mover. This upset her. But was able to do HM. IASW is still closed. PPF was a no go also. She was given a GAC with the alternate entrance on her first day and that has helped on a few occasions, but for the most part the lines have been short.

She loved just being in the park and was quite content to have me just push her around and see the park and the children enjoying themselves. Mom's late husband had a ring made with his name years ago. I took mom to the same place and had them make a ring with her name on it. She loved it so much. She put the ring on her finger with his ring and started crying. Not the reaction I was hoping for. She said "now we are together at DW again"

I took her to Liberty Square and got her a prime spot for the Electrical parade. All of the characters waved and blew kisses to her. She loved it. She was waving the whole parade.
    After that we watched Wishes and she said "this has been the best trip of her life. She started crying again. I asked what was wrong. She said "Thank you". Well that did it for me. I had tears streaming down my face and was so glad we were in the mass exodus heading for the exit and no one noticed.

Wow. What a great, magical trip this is for both of you. I loved the photo. You can really see the love you have for each other.

I had to wipe the tears away before posting. I can't wait to hear more. Thank you for keeping us updated.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

You and your mom are certainly tugging on my heart-strings. I can't get through your posts without crying myself! I'm so glad you were able to take this trip. What a wonderful person you are to do this for your mom. Great picture!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Mom's late husband had a ring made with his name years ago. I took mom to the same place and had them make a ring with her name on it. She loved it so much. She put the ring on her finger with his ring and started crying. Not the reaction I was hoping for. She said "now we are together at DW again"

Well you certainly got me crying, so glad you guys are having such a magical time!!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Post Thanks / Like

What wonderful memories you're making! The happiness you have provided your mother is so very special!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Mom had troubles mentally the last 2 days. I think it was from just doing too much. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Some happy times and some sad times, but it was time spent together. I will have these memories the rest of my life. Mom has already forgotten. We leave for home in the morning.

I posted some of the pictures from the trip here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/myfotop...7624999438681/

Sorry I can't give a better update. I am too physically and emotionally drained. Thank you for all the support.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. Loved the pictures. Glad you made some memories. Have a safe trip home.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for sharing the photos. These are truly memories that will last you for many, many years. There's not much I can add except some

Have a safe trip home!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for sharing your trip and selfless generosity and kindness with us.

God's blessings and peace to you both.
    Carrie

Post Thanks / Like

What wonderful photos. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Mom had troubles mentally the last 2 days. I think it was from just doing too much. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Some happy times and some sad times, but it was time spent together. I will have these memories the rest of my life. Mom has already forgotten. We leave for home in the morning.

I posted some of the pictures from the trip here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/myfotop...7624999438681/

Sorry I can't give a better update. I am too physically and emotionally drained. Thank you for all the support.
    I am so glad you guys made so many wonderful memories together! Your pictures were beautiful and I can see how happy your mother was to be with you at WDW.

Sorry she had a bad time the last couple of days. but I am sure she did enjoy herself.

Eventhough she may not be able to express it, I truly believe that deep down inside, your mother will always have this memory and think of it fondly, even if she can't tell you she remembers it, deep down inside herself I know she will always remember this special time with you.

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    04/'06 1st trip back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: