Quantcast Annual Refurb

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Annual Refurb

Post Thanks / Like

Default Annual Refurb

We went to WDW the 17th-28th of September this year, and was quite surprised at the amount of cleaning, refurbishment and such that was going on. The Fantasyland construction we were expecting, and there's usually one or two facades up when we go off-season. The last two trips, we went the last week of September through the first week of October, and did not encounter anywhere near the level of maintenance we saw this time, though. Things like the water being completely drained from the stream that runs in front of The Land in Epcot, and painters perched atop The Land pavilion both mornings we were in that park, just to name a couple. The main slide was closed at the pool at CBR, for our entire length of stay, and I overheard a lifeguard telling a guest that it was down for 'annual maintenance'. It opened up on our last day there, which made me wonder- did coming just a couple weeks earlier than usual land us in the middle of maintenance, or are things being done differently this year? We're planning a big family gathering in WDW next Fall, and will have at least a handful of first-timers with us. I'm wondering which week we should aim for, to try and avoid the refurb (again, Fantasyland construction aside, we know to expect that)?

Next up: November 2014
    DH, DS12, DS11, DD4, DD3, and me- along with my two sisters and their hubbies, ten nieces and nephews, my parents and MIL! As my youngest girlie says, "Yee-HAW!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEyedGrrl View Post
    or are things being done differently this year? We're planning a big family gathering in WDW next Fall, and will have at least a handful of first-timers with us. I'm wondering which week we should aim for, to try and avoid the refurb (again, Fantasyland construction aside, we know to expect that)?
    Things are a bit different right now. For the last 10 months or so WDW has been in an all out refurb blitz of the MK, especially Main St and the Fantasyland section. During my last trip in May it seemed every building on Main St had a scrim. It should be different next year.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking last night while we were walking through the Magic Kingdom how upside down things are right now.

Half of Main Street in scrims, Peter Pan with scrim, and then construction walls at It's A Small World, Fantasyland expansion, Pooh (also with scrims), Tea Cups, in the middle of the Speedway, etc. It's kinda crazy, really. Good thing a lot of it will be done sooner rather than later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Things are a bit different right now. For the last 10 months or so WDW has been in an all out refurb blitz of the MK, especially Main St and the Fantasyland section. During my last trip in May it seemed every building on Main St had a scrim. It should be different next year.
    We saw the same thing in MK when we were there last May. There were scrims everywhere, more than I had ever seen before at one time! I'm really glad that WDW does regular maintenance and upkeep on their parks and attractions, but I'm hoping it's a little less noticeable on our trip next May!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: