Quantcast Most Relaxing Disney Resort?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Most Relaxing Disney Resort?

For my "on the go" family, this may seem like an odd question. But i would like to know what everyone thinks is the most relaxing Disney resort. The one where you are content just to soak up the environment, can just hang out, and not feel the need to rush to the parks. I have my ideas, but i would love to hear yours. Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For us, it's definitely Wilderness Lodge. While you do hear the uber-commotion in the lobby from Whispering Canyon, the rest of the resort is incredibly peaceful. While DS is having fun in the pool, DH and I love to just walk around & explore the wonderful views and quiet spaces. That's why we've made it our home resort the past five years - we actually feel we're on vacation!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Wilderness Lodge. Can't beat it. After relaxing and exploring the resort, you can walk and explore the grounds.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Even though it is in the Moderate category, we found POR to be very quiet despite it's size. All the vegetation and meandering paths made the resort feel very peaceful.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

We would say the Poly. They have beautiful hawiian music playing throughout the resort. Hammocks, sandy beaches. Even the lobby is relaxing with the waterfalls in the backround
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Wilderness Lodge!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

You can relax at WDW? I enjoyed my stay at AKL-Kidani. Though I didn't really relax a whole lot, it had lots of places to do just that. Sitting out on your balcony and watching animals is great. They also have a library where they have nightly discussions about countries the workers are from. And Kidani is a lot more quiet than Jambo house.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

laying around in a hammock at the Poly sipping a cocktail was pretty relaxing! Was pretty awesome!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

The Poly. It has a laid-back charm. GF is my favorite, but the Polynesian is pretty relaxing. Also, AKL. I feel relaxed just sitting in the lobby there, though I have never stayed there.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you can make any resort relaxing if you really try. However, that being said, some are definitely quieter than others. Our WDW home for the last 5 visits has been the Wilderness Lodge. And my DW fave quiet place is the dock @ sunrise. She's w/her morning coffee every day.
    74 offsite
    76 poly
    77 pol
    80 poly
    81 golf resort
    83 poly
    84 cr
    87 golf resort
    89 CBR
    98 CBR
    01 CBR
    03 WL
    04 WL
    05 WL
    2006 WL 2010 WL

Post Thanks / Like

WL for sure. Its a very peaceful, relaxing place to be. Except for Whispering Canyon Cafe, which can get pretty loud.

I would have once said the Poly because of its tropical vibe, but on our last few trips this place was anything but relaxing and quiet. Often times it was pure chaos. My newly discovered "must try one day" resort is Grand Floridian. I'd never given this resort much thought before, but on our last two trips we spent a bit more time there than in the past and it was the quietest, most relaxing resort we've been to. We left MK one afternoon to get out of the heat. Our first stop was the Poly for a drink, and it was loud and crazy in the lobby. Our second stop was GF for dinner and the difference between this two resorts was like night and day. The Poly had a buzz about it, while the GF was quiet and relaxed.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom lodge gets our vote. The pool is amazing and sitting in the lobby, even though large, is relaxing at the end of the day

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

We've found time to relax at most of the resorts we've stayed at.

Some of my favorites:
    Polynesian
    Wilderness Lodge
    Grand Floridian
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Bay Lake Tower
    Contemporary
    Coronado Springs
    Fort Wilderness

They all offer different opportunities for relaxation and we enjoy them all.

Most of the moderates and values do not make my list because one of the most relaxing spots for me is sitting on my balcony. The lack of balconies at those resorts tipped the scales for me. Coronado Springs made the list due to its outdoor lounge along the waterway. Fort Wilderness because of the porch rockers at Pioneer Hall - a favorite spot of ours particularly in our early tent camping trips!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

AKL - without a doubt! The overall atmosphere is relaxed and far enough away from most parks that you actually feel like you're not at WDW. There's a lot to be said to be able sit on your balcony or the overlook areas on a rocking chair in the shade watching the animals walk by...and let's not foget about the evening fire pit. Completely Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

beach club - great pool (and if you go up on the upper deck you can escape the somewhat frantic activity and noise of the pool). Also has a nice little loop to walk in the evening and the ability to catch a relxing boat ride at dusk.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

My vote is for our home resort Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village. I think this is the only resort we have been about to relax at.
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Mu
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge & Our Disney Wedding
    May 02 AS Mo
    Sept 03 AS Mo
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    Dec 10 SSR
    Sept 11 AKL KV
    Jan 12 Marathon Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

We like Fort Wilderness. Beautiful scenery. Laid back vibe.

Post Thanks / Like

I would guess that it depends on your definition of "relaxing". DH and I find it very relaxing to slump into a few chairs in a bar/lounge with a cocktail or beverage of choice and just do nothing but people watch. Heck, we can do that just about anywhere! We don't need no stinkin' balconies or waterfalls!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Default keep the thoughts coming!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWCrazyKaren View Post
    I would guess that it depends on your definition of "relaxing". DH and I find it very relaxing to slump into a few chairs in a bar/lounge with a cocktail or beverage of choice and just do nothing but people watch.
    That's kinda what i'm getting at. Plus there must be enough to keep my boys from tugging my chain to go do this or that, away from the resort.

While i love the Epcot resort area, the problem for me is that it is too convenient. Walking distance to 2 parks, Boardwalk entertainment and mini-golf is great, but it seems there is always something someone wants to do.....now. So i get very little rest there. Also there isn't the "immersive experience" that some other resorts provide. Sorry, but i never once thought i was at a New England beach house.

I am hoping that on our next trip we can slow down a little and enjoy the resort. Taking walks aroung the grounds, enjoying a drink at the lounge or pool bar, debriefing my fellow vacationers after a day at the parks, and having something to keep my sons occupied so they don't beg to ride Test Track or Rockin Roller Coaster one more time..... now that's what i'm talking about.

Thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We actually find a stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge to be the most relaxing vacation ANYwhere - not just at Disney! The theme, the feel, the animals, the pools, and the restaurants are a perfect fit for what we like to do to relax...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: