Quantcast Most Relaxing Disney Resort? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for either POFQ, or CBR.

Port Orleans French Quarter is relaxing because it is a smaller resort with less crowds.

Caribbean Beach Resort is my personal favorite! I love the relaxing island feel, Caribbean music, and sandy beach with hammock. It definitely transports you to the Caribbean.
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

ºoº "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" ºoº

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For je, it would be a toss up between WL and AKL.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I must say that I deeply enjoyed my recent stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House). I felt so relaxed while I was in the lodge. In fact, I regretted the full schedule of parks and reservations I had slotted, and instead, wanted some more unstructured time for wandering the grounds, enjoy the pool and 2 hot tubs, watching the animals, and just enjoying the various relaxtion nooks, as well as the luscious lobby space. Highly recommend!

Enjoy your future trip!
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

My vote goes to the CBR ..I know its not the best but
    I love lying on the hammock by the lake watching the world go by with the light caribbean music in the background and the colourful buildings
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Without a doubt the Wilderness Lodge!
    July 1989 POLY
    May 2001 Offsite
    Sep 2004 CSR
    Oct 2005 WLV & POLY
    Oct 2006 & 2007 WLV
    Dec 2007 CSR
    Apr & Aug 2008 WLV
    Oct 2008 SSR
    Dec 2008 AKL
    Mar 2009 SSR & WLV
    Aug 2009 BLT
    Dec 2009 SSR
    Aug 2010 OKW & Oct 2010 DCL & AKL
    DVC Member since 2008

Post Thanks / Like

No one has mentioned a value resort. We always stay at Pop I know the pool area and food court are bad, but the walk around the lake is realy peaceful and relaxing. DH and I like to take a drink and sit on the benches and watch the fireworks from the parks at night.
    first trip 1976
    27 trips since and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Post relax

I agree with the posters who have said anywhere can be relaxing. Our stays at Pop have been relaxing and some of our time at Poly was not so relaxing. It all depends on what's going on. Crowd watching can be relaxing. Hanging out in the lobby can be relaxing. An early morning run can be relaxing. I think it's all a state of mind and not necessarily something tangible (too philosophical for this board?)

Post Thanks / Like

Default some resorts are worthy of spending time

I've found several of the resorts relaxing, it's all in what you make it. Even at value resorts, there are out of the way spots to sit, rest, people watch, read, nap. Obviously, at deluxe there are more/larger areas for R&R. The BC has the beach area, & it has porch areas with rocking chairs. The BW has a nice porch overlooking the whole boardwalk. POR has gazebos, benches along walkways. AKL has some nice, almost hidden spots around the pool & jacuzzis.
    My final vote is BC, for sitting on the porch, in a rocking chair at sunrise.
    12/97 ASM
    12/99 Caribe Royale
    12/01 Best W.
    08/03 BC
    05/04 ASM
    08/04 POFQ
    04/05 PPH
    07/05 POFQ
    11/06 Pop
    03/08 POR
    05/08 POFQ
    06/08 Pop
    05/10 Grand Calif.
    06/10 Ginn,Reunion FL
    10/10 ASSports
    02/11 HGVC
    09/11 Fairfield (DLR)
    02/12 AKL
    03/13 BCV
    07/13 BW (DLR)
    03/14 VGC

Post Thanks / Like

Ours would be Fort Wilderness, followed by the Wilderness Lodge. We love the atmosphere and pace of both
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

For us it's either WL or AKL. To us they are both a little less hectic because they are more isolated.

Truth be told we've found any resort to be relaxing. Once we get to WDW we go into full vacation mode and leave the outside world behind.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    That's kinda what i'm getting at. Plus there must be enough to keep my boys from tugging my chain to go do this or that, away from the resort.

While i love the Epcot resort area, the problem for me is that it is too convenient. Walking distance to 2 parks, Boardwalk entertainment and mini-golf is great, but it seems there is always something someone wants to do.....now. So i get very little rest there. Also there isn't the "immersive experience" that some other resorts provide. Sorry, but i never once thought i was at a New England beach house.

I am hoping that on our next trip we can slow down a little and enjoy the resort. Taking walks aroung the grounds, enjoying a drink at the lounge or pool bar, debriefing my fellow vacationers after a day at the parks, and having something to keep my sons occupied so they don't beg to ride Test Track or Rockin Roller Coaster one more time..... now that's what i'm talking about.

Thanks all.
    Hmmm. At first I thought you wanted a resort where there wasn't tons for the kids to want to pull you to do, so I thought the cabins would be perfect. Then I read the part where you want enough for the kids to do to keep them from bugging you to go to the park. How old are your kids?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

My boys are now 17 and 12. My oldest wants to go back to the Beach Club. My youngest wants to go to AKL, and my wife votes for WL.

AKL looks amazing and seems to provide what i'm looking for - that something special that quiets the call of the parks and leaves us satisfied just to relax at the resort.

However, after some weekend discussion, it looks as though the WL is a good choice for everyone. Remote enough for that isolated feeling, yet close enough to MK and the monorail resorts to be convenient for dining and entertainment. Plus, my wife voted for it.

After reading some of the great reviews about AKL, i really want to stay there sometime. But for our next trip, it looks like i'm going to be relaxing at the Trout Pass Bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Our answer would be in this order:
    POR
    Wilderness Lodge
    Fort Wilderness

Our last stay at the Pop was anything-but- relaxing to us. Lines for buses, the noise level at the Hall, no relaxing walks back to the room. During our stay, we went over to Fort Wilderness to do the Horse ride (which DD loved) and it just felt relaxed. No one seemed to be in a big hurry and we both commented how laid-back it was compared to Pop. We also took the boat ride from Downtown Disney to POR. Once again, we just seemed to be able to breath as we walked along the pathways. DH and I just felt relaxed there.

I guess it may all be on where your room is in relation to the bus stop, check-in hall, pool, etc. as to how much traffic you have going by your room.

At POR, there is the game room for the kids and they also have bikes and surrey bikes to rent - we'll do the surrey bike ride next time. Would be fun to rent a surrey and the whole family ride it. Our daughter at times would much rather be at the resort, swimming or at the arcade than be at a park.

Wilderness Lodge - there's the pool, activities in the lobby for the kids (arcade too), walks out by the boat pier, sit out on the back deck in a rocking chair.

Just my opinion,
    Kerri
    Disney's Fairway Villa (1994)
    Ft. Wilderness Campground (2003, 2007)
    offsite conference (2004)
    Port Orleans Riverside (2005, 2009
    Wilderness Lodge (2008)
    Pop Century (2010, 2011)

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun at Wilderness Lodge. We'll be trying it next year.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney's Grand Californian was particularly nice. We were in Disneyland in early December and it was cooold about 50 and rainy. They have a GIANT fireplace with comfy chairs in front in the lobby to warm up in front of and snooze after a big meal at Napa Rose, and a cozy bar right around the corner.

Post Thanks / Like

For us it is AKL. WE lOVE it! We felt so relaxed when we were there we ended up only spending every other day in the parks! I've NEVER done that EVER and probably never will again (unless we are at AKL again).
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: