Quantcast 'Ohana

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: 'Ohana

Post Thanks / Like

Default 'Ohana

I keep hearing that 'Ohana's is "fun". We have never been there-What makes it fun? I'm trying so hard to branch off and try new places and I want to make sure we're picking some "don't miss" places!

'90-off site
    '93, '95-Caribbean Beach
    '96-Port Orleans-Senior Yr. Spring Break
    '00, '02, '03 (Honeymoon), '04-Coronado
    '06-All Star Music-Christmas trip
    '08-1 day in March-MK
    '09-Spring
    '11-Pop Century
    '12-All Star Movies-Princess 1/2
    '12-Caribbean Beach
    '14-Pop Century
    '15-Coronado

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You should try Ohana's. It's fun for several reasons. First, you are served family style. Not much formality, just relax and enjoy all the food. There is a good variety of meats cooked on a open grill that are brought to your table. They just keep coming till you say "uncle". Don't be in any hurry.
    There are also songs and games. Limbo and coconut races come to mind. People laugh, play along, and enjoy the entertainment. Having dinner here is less like a meal and more like an event to be experienced and lingered over. Fun is really the best way to describe it.

Post Thanks / Like

I tell you what is fun for me at O'Hanas... eating that bread pudding. I am not a dessert person but man, I am addicted to that stuff!!!!

Now, as to other fun, watching my DS and DH do the hula together was an absolute blast. You have to know my DH to appreciate this! But it is an atmosphere that invites play and letting loose.

I love O'Hanas!
    Aug. 2017 - Disney Wonder Alaska
    Jan. 2017 - All-Star Sports
    Nov. 2015 - Contemporary
    Feb, 2014 - Disney Magic Cruise
    Sept. 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2011 - CSR
    Oct. 2008 - AKL and Contemporary
    Mar. 2004 - Disneyland
    Sept. 2002- Poly/Cruise
    Sept. 2001 - AKL
    Dec. 1995 - POR Honeymoon

Post Thanks / Like

I also suggest that you give Ohanas a try sometime. It is one of our favorites. To us it is fun because of the food and they way it is served on top of the entertainment and atmosphere. The food has always been really good every time we have gone. There has been only one time that we had just a so-so experience with the meats. However, every other time everything has been great! I don't even eat too much of the meats because by the time they come I am filled up on the delicious wings, noodles, and dumplings and am trying to save what little room I have left for one of my favorite desserts! Even though we don't participate in the entertainment, it is a lot of fun to watch. Just being in the Poly is amazing for the atmosphere and the CM's are always very friendly in my experience there.

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Thanks for all the great feedback! I think we'll definitely be giving it a try. I love to hear what everyone likes about it-keep it coming!
    '90-off site
    '93, '95-Caribbean Beach
    '96-Port Orleans-Senior Yr. Spring Break
    '00, '02, '03 (Honeymoon), '04-Coronado
    '06-All Star Music-Christmas trip
    '08-1 day in March-MK
    '09-Spring
    '11-Pop Century
    '12-All Star Movies-Princess 1/2
    '12-Caribbean Beach
    '14-Pop Century
    '15-Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana has been one of our favorites since the first time we ate there some years ago now. As others have said, the atmosphere is very relaxed and that has always transitioned to an enjoyable experience for us. The service has always been great, from when you are first called in and seated, to when you are all done and ready to wrap up the dinner with some yummy bread pudding. The quality of food is something we really like about Ohana. We have never had an issue with that as it has always been high. Also, if you have an ADR that happens to be during the time that Wishes is being shown at MK, the music is played in the restaurant as you watch the fireworks out the window.

I would recommend giving Ohana a try. Its a must do on all of our trips now.
    7/90-6CB
    F/N97ASSP
    F/N98ASSP
    Jan/Nv99ASM
    7/00CB
    7/01ASM
    F/N 02ASM
    2/03ASM
    11/03DL-OFF
    F/N 04PC
    F/N 05PC
    11/06PC
    6/07PC
    10/07PC
    2/08PC
    9/08PC
    6/09PC
    2/10PC
    5/11PC
    5/12PC
    8/13Off
    10/13PC
    5/14PC
    6/14Off
    10/14AKLKV
    5/15PC
    7/15Off
    10/15SSR
    5/16SSR
    9/16SSR
    6/17PC
    5/18PC

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, it's hard for me to leave the parks and go to a resort for a meal unless it has characters. But you guys are making this place sound like a lot of fun. I'll have to put it in my Disney Bucket List.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Really gator u dont like to leave the park for dinner ??? This trip we only have reses for dinners outside of the park. I thought we would try something new this year. Actually we are looking forward to it since we will be there for all the holiday decorations. We have heard wonderful things about the resorts during this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

OHanas is awesome! Great location, great food, great entertainment. We took our DDS 4 and 6 there and although they only ate chicken nuggets they had a blast. DH & I LOVE the food, and there's plenty of it. They just keep bringing it around. The turkey was my favorite, even the noodles and salad were delicious. Oh ,and who could forget the banana bread pudding dessert -AMAZING! And this is coming from someone who doesn't even like eating bananas! Probably the best desert I have ever had. We loved walking around the Poly grounds after dinner with all the tiki torches lit, just beautiful. You won't be disappointed, have a fabulous time!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

all of the above!

'Ohana is one of my all-time favorites.

Charlie aka wdw dude

4/27-5/1/2010 Beach Club
    10/11-10/15/2010 Boardwalk
    12/9-12/13/2011 Boardwalk
    11/3-11/8/2012 Treehouse Villas/Boardwalk
    12/2-12/8/2013 Boardwalk
    10/25-10/31/2014 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Honestly, it's hard for me to leave the parks and go to a resort for a meal unless it has characters. But you guys are making this place sound like a lot of fun. I'll have to put it in my Disney Bucket List.
    'OHana would be well worth your trip - lots of fun and good food. Actually, some of the best places to eat at Disney are outside the parks (and don't have characters)!! But maybe start with 'OHana on your "list" and see what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

The character breakfast is so much fun. They have a kids parade playing music and the breakfast platter is really good. We have also done the dinner a few times which is equally amazing with all the meat on a stick that keeps coming out. You will not leave feeling hungry from here. If you happen to eat during the MK fireworks they pipe in the music so you really get a bonus dinner show.
    You won't be sorry, enjoy.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Post 'Ohana

I like the "family style" dining of 'Ohana where you share everything. It is more interactive than everyone picking their own individual thing. Other restaurants are similar to this, but 'Ohana just seems more relaxed and conducive to family/friend interaction. Plus, the food is good and there is lots of it.

Post Thanks / Like

'Ohana's is the one restaurant that we always make ADR's for. We never miss it, though we've tried, we always come back. I have a family of big eaters and they never walk away hungry. IMO, I think it's one of the best places we've eaten at while at WDW. The only change we'll make on our next visit this spring is we'll probably make earlier ADR's as we've always eaten late in order to watch Wishes from our table.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

They have songs and games for the kids. For me I'll just stuff my face
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Getting to Ohana is fun. I leave the M.K and jump on the boat. the kids love the ride. Coming back to the M.K we take the monorail, both coming and going the kids enjoy the ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohana's is a must do for breakfast on every trip. We love the characters, and even though our kids are big (or we go alone as adults), it's still a great time! Give it a try! If you go in the morning before the parks open, we still make rope drop every time, so we don't miss a minute of park time by going at 7:30 in the morning!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: