Quantcast Disneyland - The Original

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disneyland - The Original

I know that I may be a minority on here, but I am not pleased with direction of the new upcharge events. I know that AP bashing is common practice, but just questioning the value.

Why not go back to when you pay for attractions. That will change the lines too!

Plus the imagineers could come up with a way to upcharge for the things we like such as Madame Leota, or C3PO, or Captain Jack. Think of it. If you had to pay more for the features you enjoy versus a much more bland version, would you do it? Every attraction could have things that are cash cows for the company that way. Going back to ticket books just makes sense with the current direction of things.

Value people. That is all I am saying.

They always talk about how much an AP spends at the resort versus vacationers. I'm sorry but I still enjoy spending my money at the resort and do gladly when they have things that are interesting (to me).

I don't need Jack Skellington in every shop. Or Vinylmation in every shop. Or pins in every shop.

One thing that was formerly fun at the resort was shopping. There were things that you could only find in one "land". Back then it was sort of a rule of thumb to grab them when you saw them because they wouldn't be available anywhere else. Now if the same thing is available in every shop, what is the point to having different "themed" shops??

And while I am on the soapbox, what happened to CastMembers only being allowed to wear the uniforms in their own land? Sort of ruins the illusion to see a CM walking down Main Street U.S.A. carrying a doggie bag in their Tomorrowland costume.

Ok. End of transmission... . . .
    Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is pretty ridiculous how many souvenir shops there are ill give you that. After every ride, and a few in each land, and then more by the entrances. I really dont understand how they sell all that junk. Most of it really is just junk.
    But as far as going back to tickets per attraction...i dont know...even though i am paying a lot more than i would per attraction if i had tickets, i like just being able to walk through the park and go on a ride instead of having to check how many tickets i have left, or sorry son only your sister can go on this ride because i dont have enough tickets for both of you. Wait here while i wait on line for more.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny, I was musing over the same thing when I was there last week. I remember those days when you did have to buy a ticket book, lol.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I like paying one price and not dealing with tickets..
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

While I dont like the idea of E-Tickets, I know what you mean about the gift shops. I used to love walking thru there and browsing, seeing if there was anything I would find unique.
    Havent done this is awhile. Not only are things really expensive, but there really isnt much to get excited over. Plus is it me or are the gift shops more cramped?
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: