Quantcast Wishes music

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Wishes music

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wishes music

Hi Everyone,

First off, I'm not sure whether I'm posting this to the right board or not. My apologies if I'm not!

I've read the INTERCOT discussion boards for a long time but have never asked a question. I thought I would jump in today with a question that I've had since my last trip to WDW in June. When I was there I noticed that the Wishes music/soundtrack was different from my previous trip in May of 2006. So my question is -- can anyone tell me the name of the Wishes music back in May of 2006, and where I might be able to find it?

More generally, is there a place where I can find Disney World theme park music? I believe I read a discussion about this a while back but haven't been able to find the thread using the search feature.

Any assistance that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can buy some music at Disney. I bought the Wishes soundtrack from some store while I was at Disney a few years ago. I couldn't tell you about any changes to the soundtrack between your visits.

There is a website called live365 that offers all variations of music. For day-to-day enjoyment, I tune into some of their Disney channel offerings. My favorite is MouseWorld Radio. I believe Intercot has a station (at least they did at one time) and there are many more from which to choose.

You can download some content but I can't tell you the legalities of it all. One site I've perused is Mousebits. It's worth checking out to see what all is out there.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Music

From what I have tried, Live365 is my preference, and I agree, I like MouseWorld Radio. It has everything from music, to Monorail tracks, to old-school audio. Its great!

1979, 82, 85 & 88-Contemporary
    1990-Polynesian
    1995-All Star Sports
    2001-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon)
    2003-Offsite
    2007-Buena Vista Palace
    2010-Old Key West Resort
    6/2012-Pop Century
    11/2012-Art of Animation
    11/2013-Art of Animation
    11/2015-Art of Animation
    11/2016-Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Wishes was different on your last trip? What time of year did you go? I've seen Wishes on my 04, 06, 08, and 2010 visit and it's always the same. The time it was different was at the Christmas Party - it was a completely different song for the party. However, they had Wishes earlier in the day before the party started.

I know back in 2006, DisneyLand has a version of Wishes that had Julie Andrews talking in it. It was similiar to the MK's version, but had variations throughout the firework show. I'd love to get to the bottom of this mystery.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak to the difference in the music (we have a soundtrack that I believe was purchased in 2005 and is exactly the same). But as far as the other theme park music, we have a great collection called "Four Parks, One World" that we bought there, and listen to all the time!

Rereading your question, if you were there in June, weren't they doing the Summer Nighttastic fireworks at that time? That music I believe is similar to the Pirates and Princess Party fireworks, which is on an events CD along with Halloween Party music.
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, in June they were doing Summer Nightastic instead of Wishes. I don't think the show (Wishes) has changed too much, outside of less pyro to save a few bucks here and there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, everyone! That's definitely it. It was the Summer Nighttastic and not the Wishes I remembered.

Suz36 - I especially appreciated your comment because I remember watching the show and thinking, "I don't remember Pirates in this"!

I've tracked down the music online already!

Thanks, again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Wishes was different on your last trip? What time of year did you go? I've seen Wishes on my 04, 06, 08, and 2010 visit and it's always the same. The time it was different was at the Christmas Party - it was a completely different song for the party. However, they had Wishes earlier in the day before the party started.
    For the Christmas parties, the "Wishes" is called "Holiday Wishes". Regular "Wishes" does NOT run earlier in the day on party nights, just the "non-party" nights, after the first ELP of the night, just to make sure guests do not come earlier and expect it after reading this thread. (For general information, I've worked every day parade and Christmas party in Nov. / Dec. 2009 every day parade and Christmas party in Nov. 2010 and Wishes (regular) has not run, just Holiday Wishes @ 9:30 pm).

This is the same scenario as the Halloween parties, except the "show" is called "Hallowishes".

The Wishes and the Holiday Wishes music is available on CD's but it is a bit hard to find on a regular basis. I found mine at DTD on Jan. of 2010 but it was not in MK at any stores. Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas Time parade music is NOT available on CD. It is proprietary, non-released music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas Time parade music is NOT available on CD. It is proprietary, non-released music.
    It's not officially available, but it's all over the Internet...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spang88 View Post
    From what I have tried, Live365 is my preference, and I agree, I like MouseWorld Radio. It has everything from music, to Monorail tracks, to old-school audio. Its great!
    I love Live365 for getting my music fix.
    Unfortunately it wont work for me here at work. Dog gone government computers block it.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.