Quantcast Share a time at the World that you would like to experience again.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Share a time at the World that you would like to experience again.

Saw this on FB and thought it would post it up in here.

For me it would be when we were in Epcot for a family reunion/Honeymoon/welcome home from Iraq. We were in the American section back in the world show case and I had just asked at the information booth about our candlelight processional reservations. This wonderful CM comes up to us and asks for me and my wife by name (we later figured out that he overheard me at the info booth). I said yes that is us. He then proceeded to tell us that someone from the front office needed to talk to us. We imediately thought one of our kids had caused some mischief and were a bit nervous. He led us to a phone and told us to punch a certain code into the phone so it would transfer to the front office. Turns out that it was Mickey and Minnie wishing us the best as we celebrated our Honeymoon at the Magic Kingdom. Both the Wife and I were laughing and crying at the same time as we listened to the famous couple gush on and on about how happy they were that we were with them at our special time. That moment has became such a treasured memory for us that I truly wish we could relive it

What would you like to relive? It doesnt have to be all mushy like ours lol.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to relive the Chilaquiles Mexico had at the 2007 F&W Festival but not the last two.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Our special moments ---

Let me preface my first moment by saying, I wouldn't want it to happen again but... We were at Disney the week after 9/11. We were at Epcot in the American Pavilion during the Voices of Liberty performance. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. It was one of the most moving moments I've ever experienced.

Second, we had taken my DD (10) and my DS (6) to the Royal Table breakfast. All the princesses were making a huge deal over my son who was less than impressed. We kept trying to get his picture with the princesses but he would have none of it. Then Jasmine come up to the table and my mischievous six year old son announced, "I'll get my picture taken with her." We all, including Jasmine, rolled with laughter! He is definitely his father's son!

Lastly, my daughter had one of the Minnie Princess hats with the little train that comes off the top. We were at Chef Mickey's and Goofy pretended like he had to sneeze and then grabbed the netting from my daughter's hat and pretended to sneeze in it and wipe his nose. It was just so funny.

We've never had one of those major moments but it's all the little ones that add up to that Disney magic!
    Aug. 2017 - Disney Wonder Alaska
    Jan. 2017 - All-Star Sports
    Nov. 2015 - Contemporary
    Feb, 2014 - Disney Magic Cruise
    Sept. 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jan. 2011 - CSR
    Oct. 2008 - AKL and Contemporary
    Mar. 2004 - Disneyland
    Sept. 2002- Poly/Cruise
    Sept. 2001 - AKL
    Dec. 1995 - POR Honeymoon

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to relive my first trip to WDW. I was 16 and I was allowed to roam the park on my own (with a set time to meet back up). I was even given $10 for snacks. I met this girl in the line on SM and she was on her own too. We had a blast even though she was so out of my league.We spent the day running from ride to ride. I felt so proud when she took my hand and we walked together. Back then there were no cell phones or e-mail and texting was not invented yet. We both knew our parents would not let us run up long distance phone bills, so at the end of the day we just said good-bye.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to relive the day we first took our children to WDW. I remember fondly the look on my son's face as he first saw the castle in the distance from the bus. It was an amazing moment we can never replicate.

I also wish we could have Mickey pick our daughter again for a private tour of his house. Unfortunately with the FL changes and Mickey & Minnie's houses going away I don't think we can ever have that experience again.
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

There have been so many magical moments for my family over the last few years. Some that are especially memorable include...

My youngest son taking Jedi Training, meeting David Prowse, aka Darth Vader, and PUSH for the first time.

My first meal at the Brown Derby &
    The first time i experienced Hyperspace Hoopla.

The first time my oldest son rode Rockin Roller Coaster and the real limo ride he wished for and got.

My wife getting Dream fastpasses at Epcot.

And many, many more.

Not to derail the thread, but i have tried to re-create some of these experiences. Without success too. But i have found that if we visit WDW expecting it to be the happiest place on earth, something magical will happen.........every time.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say it was my first trip...I was a late bloomer for Disneyitis, so I was in my 30s on my first trip in 2003....I had no idea how big everything was and that first walk down Main St. in MK is like no other.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to have our family's very first visit all over again. It was Easter and every day of the vacation was magical. There's just something special about watching the expressions change on your children's faces when they still believe in the magic and the characters and haven't hit that "I'm too cool for mom & dad" stage. They would argue with who was going to ride with which parent, spent more time dancing at Chef Mickey's than eating, and got excited when the big brother beat the girls coconut races at 'Ohana's during dinner. Getting their drivers license on the monorail, Easter baskets from Mickey, and the little brother falling in love with Wishes, asking to see it every night, even now at 13y/o he still loves it.

How I wish I could get that time back again.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Getting my own death scene at the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. That was the coolest thing, to share center stage with Indy.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

For me it has to be our first night ever in the MK watching DD 18 months singing and spinning in awe of the fireworks right in front of the castle. It was a very light crowd and everyone was sitting down and spread out and it was delightful to watch her so happy and care free. My wife and I will always fondly remember that image.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

For me it would be the first time we took our DD who was two and a half at the time and she met Snow White for the first time. She stood very silent in the line waiting her turn then slowly walked up to Snow who bent down to give her a hug...my daughter threw her arms around her neck...squeezed very tight and said to Snow in a voice just loud enough for me to hear as I was standing right there "I can't believe it's really you." I was a wreck for a little while after that and I'm now ashamed to admit it.
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." Edgar Allen Poe

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

This is a good topic ... I like it.

For me it would be a tie between two:
    1. Back before 9/11 when the Magic Kingdom still held "E-Ticket Nights" my brother and I went to one in September and the park was dead. I mean DEAD. There were probably less than 5,000 people there total the entire night. The CM's were letting you ride around on almost everything as many times as you wanted. At one point, we walked out of the Haunted Mansion and into Liberty Square and we were, quite literally, the only people in sight. It really felt like we had the whole park to ourselves ... awesome!
    2. The day we won the Castle Suite. If I could, I would repeat this day over and over and over and over and over and over and over ... you get the idea.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would repeat our first trip. Even though I was only 8 at the time, I remember most everything. We didn't stay on site (this was decades before there were any value resorts!) so we took the ferry boat to MK...that was the best ride ever. Just the anticipation of it all was so great. We have tons of pictures from that trip, and all of my favorites are from that boat ride. At least once a trip we have to ride the boat, just for the trip down memory lane.

Only 11 more days!!!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Taking 3 separate trips down there during the Millennium Celebration. I was 13 and just being in Epcot, I remember feeling like I was part of something big and special.

2. I turned 21 right before Pleasure Island closed all of it's night clubs. I had walked through PI before, but never experienced the clubs due to my age. So I made a special, trip down there to see PI for the first, and sadly last, time. Feeling so welcome and at home in the Adventurer's Club on the first night of our visit was something I wish I could relive.
    If we can dream it, then we can do it.

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

There are many I would like to experience again, but the one that comes to mind is the time we celebrated my Mother's birthday at the 50s Prime Time. All of the CMs made a fuss over her and after we finished our meal, our "brother" pulled her, chair and all, to the doorway between the room where we were and the next one. He then proceeded to anounce that it was a very special day and would everyone please sing Happy Birthday to the birthday girl. Since both rooms were full, you can guess just how loudly we sang.

She also received a cupcake with a candle, and a birthday card signed by a number of the CMs. She loved the attention and showed it!!!!
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Taking my wife there for the first time.

She had never been

She thought it was just some amusement park

The first day we just hung out and took a lap on the monorail. Got off at GF, Poly, and Contemporaary.

She "got it" before we even set foot in any of the parks

I was hoping she'd enjoy the trip.

Before Day 2 she was already telling me what she wanted to do next time we went to WDW
    We are Siamese if you please

Contemporary Hotel Nov 1971
    Fort Wilderness 1974 & 75 (Ithink)
    Senior Trip 1983 off site
    Polynesian 1990
    Grand Floridian 1991
    All-Star Music 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter Feb '09
    Magic Kingdom 2/17/12

Post Thanks / Like

A warm Fall day in the late afternoon. A beautiful English garden. A park bench just big enough for 3. (DH, DD, and me) A cold adult beverage, and the awesome sounds of the Beatles (if you close your eyes). Hmmmmmm!!!! Something we look forward to each visit!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

my SIL was battling cancer the entire 7 years i knew her. it took quite a toll on her, but the one place she always felt good was at disney. when she was there she was a kid again and it was like she didnt have cancer at all. it was really the happiest place on earth for her. we lost her and her mother (my MIL) within weeks of each other this year, and i would give anything to be able to go to MK with them again, and see her face light up like a little kid as she walked down main street, and hear her singing and clapping along to the music
    last trip AKL may '06
    first trip 1973

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread...

Watching my daughter dance and twirl as she listened to the carousel play Beauty and the Beast on her first visit when she was 5. She's 23 now and still dances, but I will never forget that moment.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

The first time my 11 year old walked on to main st and saw the castle. He stopped and his mouth opened in awe.At the time he was 6. It was the best experience we have had

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: