Quantcast Expansion Continues at DCA

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Expansion Continues at DCA

Expansion Continues at Disney California Adventure Park
    posted on December 9th, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Manager, Social Media, Disneyland Resort

As we look forward to 2011, we are excited to share that we are making great progress on the expansion of Disney California Adventure park. The year 2010 has been very exciting. In June, we made a big splash with “World of Color,” the nighttime spectacular that is wowing guests every night. On October 29, we reached an exciting milestone with Cars Land with the topping out of the Cadillac Mountain range – about 125 feet in the air. And, many of you have seen The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure and Goofy’s Sky School coming to life along the parade route. Both are scheduled to open in 2011 along with new restaurants and shops as we finish the entire Paradise Pier expansion.
    Now, as we move toward a new year, expansion continues. In January, our efforts move to the front of the park.

On Jan. 4, we will begin making way for a new entrance modeled after the legendary Pan-Pacific Auditorium. This means, the “CALIFORNIA” letters will be removed, and we plan to save these icons for possible future use. Now’s the time to get your photos!

As this work continues, we are making adjustments to the Disney California Adventure Main Entrance area, including relocation of some Guest service areas. We’ll keep you informed about those here on the Disney Parks Blog as soon as we have specific dates and locations.

Also on Jan. 4, we will begin the transformation of the Sunshine Plaza area into Buena Vista Street inside the Main Entrance. When complete, it will represent Hollywood as it was when Walt Disney arrived on the west coast in the 1920s.
    Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more updates as the expansion continues.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the only part of the whole expansion that bugs me is losing the big CALIFORNIA --
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I think the only part of the whole expansion that bugs me is losing the big CALIFORNIA --

Post Thanks / Like

Double ditto!

I told that to my husband last Sunday as we made our way over to DCA from DL. I mentioned that this was the last time we'd see the candy cane letters...and he asked why, so I told him they were getting rid of the letters. He responded: "that's dumb." Yeah...that's basically my opinion as well.

The entire entrance area looks SO strange now.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

It does look very odd right now but the artwork showing what it is to look like when it is done is amazing. I hope it is similar to what art I have seen.

The CALIFORNIA letters are going to be used again somewhere. Based on how many people still take pictures by those things it'll happen.

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

On my last several trips to Disneyland, I always remind the people who are with me to get pictures with the letters before they go away.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like that they are taking out the Bay Area part of the park by taking away the Golden Gate. I feel like all of the new retheming is making it more of a LA Adventure instead of a CALIFORNIA Adventure. At least that's what I feel. I mean I like the idea of the 20's theme but I don't like the feeling that they are concentrating more on putting in LA and taking out the rest of the state. I don't know if this is true but aren't they also taking out the warf area? Honestly I don't go there much as there really isn't much there but instead of taking it out couldn't we add in?

Post Thanks / Like

As someone from the east coast, I can't think of a better feeling than walking in the park and hearing the california songs in sunshine plaza.
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know the actual date the Little Mermaid ride will open?

Post Thanks / Like

No date has been posted ... it's summer 2011 -- so odds are it will open by the start of high season mid-June.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: