Quantcast So I had an argument with a Cast Member - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be a bit of a hassle, but if you encounter a CM who is being rude just ask to speak with a coordinator or manager or go to guest relations and speak to them about it. I had a couple bad days at work where I was a little short with guests and I was complained about. My coordinator talked to me, gave me a quick break to clear my head and I was fine and back to the happy attitude I normally had at work. CM deal with a lot of bad attitudes all day and there is a good chance that if you have a bad experience with one then another guest may have did something to put them in that mood right before you. It is never right to just assume they are always rude. Sometimes you might just get caught at the wrong place at the wrong time, but there is always someone else at Disney that will work to make your trip more magical.
    Ex Track Tech
    Student of Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Yes, I think you should have gottent the fastpasses...don't know why she was so adament not to give them
    Good question, since it would cost her and Disney nothing to do so. Kudos to the other cast member, though.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

last week my mother and I rode TSM for the first time. The first game screen (not the practice screen) was not working. when the game ended we asked the cast member if he would allow us to ride again and told him about the malfunction. although he seemed to want the screen fixed right away, he told us we could not ride again.

it wasnt a huge deal and we did not complain. i assume he would have let us ride if the line for TSM was not always packed. we ourselves didnt wait the 100+ minutes. we were lucky enough to get evening fast passes before they were gone
    '03-All Star Movies
    '04-Port Orleans Riverside
    '05-Port Orleans French Quarter
    Spring '10-Pop Century
    Fall '10-Coronado Springs

Nothing's Impossible.
    Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
    Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like

Off the subject about the fast passes ---- just got back from my trip and the only rude CM's were two bus drivers (one mean to me, and another mean to several other people). Everyone else was great.
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back Monday and I have to say that I encountered more rude cast members than ever before. I hate to admit it but some of the Disney magic seems to be gone. I also noticed that there were many places where I saw things (like trash or construction materials/equipment) that I never would have seen in the past. I have always marveled at Disney's attention to detail - I did no marveling on this recent trip. It was really sad to see things like a Disney cast member ask to sweep under our feet while we waited on the MVMCP parade only to turn around and see that he swept the trash into a place where no one was standing - about a foot behind us. I've never seen so much trash in the parks but if all the cm's responsible for picking it up are like this guy, I can understand how it happens.
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    October/November 2009 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    October/November 2014 - POP
    December 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by captsmee View Post
    we had this happen at sm as well and were given...nothing
    no soup for you......one year!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been on Test Track when the ride has stopped, and I asked if we could ride again and they told us to go right back on. I also had it happen on Buzz where my gun wasn't working and we got to go right back on that as well. Maybe she's new and just didn't understand that she could be more liberal with the Fast Passes.
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe a CM wasn't standing there giving everyone exiting the limo a FP so they could re-ride and experience the ride the way it was intended to be experienced. If you've never ridden it before you wouldn't know it was supposed to be in the dark unless someone else on the ride told you or you had prior knowledge of the ride from reading about it.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, THAT one is outrageous! I would assume that calling the guests stupid would be the kind of thing he could get fired for!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I just returned on Monday and I ran into a rather surprisingly rude CM at RNRC too. Even my friend commented that what this guy did was really rude and inappropriate for Disney.

We were in the pre-show room and waiting for the show to start the CM was doing his spiel about no flash photography and someone took a picture of thier group with their phone just as he was saying it. He then continued and added to the spiel saying "once again I said no Flash photography but I guess everyone in here isn't smart enough to understand and for those no so smart I am repeating it" It wasn't just what he said it was the tone that he said it in.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have taken the FP ( as well you deserved them), moved on to the next adventure and not given the situation another thought! At the very least, I, like you, would LOVE to have seen the inside fully lit, and probably tried to video the enitre ride!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

She was wrong...absolutely...how ever lets give props to the CM who was there to help you get them.
    I hope this didn't ruin your trip.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default You're in the RIght

I think she should have just given you the passes. I mean, whats the big deal? What does she care? It's just silly that there had to be an argument at all! Glad you got the passes tho

--

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I think it was cool how the other CM was attentive and noticed a possible "negative" experience going down and he stepped in.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad everything worked out for you in the end. I also have had several negative cm run ins at RnRc
    [*]2011 Wilderness Camp Ground Apr 17-21
    [*]2009 Pop
    [*]2007 - 2010 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2005 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2002 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2001 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]2000 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1998 Wilderness Camp Ground
    [*]1989 Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I think she should have given you FPs, but was probably just doing what she was told to do.

While I think it's nice that they do give out FPs when a ride breaks down, In reality, they don't have to give you anything. I don't mean to sound harsh here, but they make no guarantees whatsoever when you enter the parks that you will be able to ride any ride. They offer FPs as a courtesy when available. I've been in line on attractions that have gone down, and they gave us nothing except an apology that the ride for the ride experiencing technical difficulties.

On a funny/sad related note, our family was vacationing at a non-Disney amusement park one year when they had to close all the rides due to a bad storm. We had only been in the park for about an hour and decided to see if we could get return tickets. When we inquired about them, we were told, "the park is still open for your enjoyment, we only offer return tickets if we close".
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you were entitled to anything at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just-Keep-Swimming View Post
    last week my mother and I rode TSM for the first time. The first game screen (not the practice screen) was not working. when the game ended we asked the cast member if he would allow us to ride again and told him about the malfunction. although he seemed to want the screen fixed right away, he told us we could not ride again. it wasnt a huge deal and we did not complain. i assume he would have let us ride if the line for TSM was not always packed. we ourselves didnt wait the 100+ minutes. we were lucky enough to get evening fast passes before they were gone
    We had the exact same thing happen on a recent trip and were immediately allowed to ride again...not sure why we did and you didn't....could be luck of the draw in terms of the particular cast member running things or maybe I was a bit more intense in my communication concerning my disappointment in not having an accurate score to settle a friendly wager with my son.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    I don't think you were entitled to anything at all.
    It's not about being "entitled" to anything. It's about Disney doing what's right.

As just about everyone who has responded to this thread has said, this is an easy win for Disney. It's what they're supposed to be good at ... turning negatives into positives. It costs them absolutely nothing to hand out some Fastpasses to people and it buys them goodwill in a bad situation. Top off their inexplicable refusal to do so with the CM's bad attitude and I think you can see why the OP came away disappointed.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: