Quantcast Disney in early februrary?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Disney in early februrary?

My wife and I are taking advantage of the discounts of value season and are staying at the wilderness lodge in early February.

My primary concern is the weather being too cold to enjoy Disney. I'm also concerned the parks will feel "empty". Went in April and it was perfect. I don't mind weather in the 70s but I'm worried we will get high 40s and mid 50s.

Anyone experience the parks the second week of February (pre-presidents day)?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The parks definitely won't feel "empty." Those days don't happen any more no matter the time of the year.

As for weather, it's impossible to say. Look at the historic weather conditions page in Info Central and you can see what it's been like the last few years, but there's no guarantee what it will do this year. If I had to guess, I'd say you'll have seasonal, or a little above, temps but that's only due to the overall La Nina pattern and not based on any evidence at the moment.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

February weather is certainly unpredictable. One one early February trip, we spent a couple of days at the pool as it was in the upper 70's/low 80's. The remainder of our trip was a roller coaster of temps. We peeked through our window and didn't step on the balcony to watch the fireworks as it was too cold outside. We wore sweatshirts one day; shorts the next. Just be prepared for all eventualities!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I know exactly what you mean.

wife and I have been to disney 6 times in september and decided we would like to try a bit cooler month.

we had january all booked and were so worried we would not be able to enjoy the water rides and water parks that we changed it
    back to the roasting month of september!
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

Post Thanks / Like

We always go at that time. Parks are definitely not empty (although crowds are manageable) , many annual refurbs are done by then, and temps are usually moderate. Pack for any type of weather though. We're just happy to get out of WI that time of year though

Post Thanks / Like

We're going end of January. I keep hearing "crowds are manageable" but have no idea what that means. Does that mean rides have lines of about 20-30 minutes with an occasional walk-on?
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Rose View Post
    Does that mean rides have lines of about 20-30 minutes with an occasional walk-on?
    That's about right. Some of the really popular ones like TSM and Soarin will still have 60+ min waits, but everything else is as you described.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We'll be there!
    It is a great time to go crowd-wise. Last year we had several walk-ons but I think that's because it was SOOOOO cold, people were shying away from the parks.
    Last year we had to wear winter coats & hats -- it was really weird. In years' past when I've gone in February, we have gone to the water parks & gotten sunburns from the heat & sunshine! So it's kind-of a mixed bag.

Usually, I plan on wearing jeans, a t-shirt & tying a sweatshirt around my waist in case it's breezy cool. For evenings, you'll need a jacket for sure but it's not uncomfortable. (Of course, I'm speaking in generalities here -- last year was a big of a freak occurrance with the drop in temps).

Maybe we'll see you there next month!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports