Quantcast Kids and the first time visit.....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kids and the first time visit.....

When anyone takes a child to Disney World and if It's there first time visiting and thats noted somewhere on Disneys side(Reservations or elsewhere) does Disney do anything special for the child at any point on your arrival or during the stay? Our little girl will be 4 at the time we go and is just in love with Mickey and his friends.

Thanks. John in MI.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

They have buttons that say "My 1st Visit" on them. Not sure if they do anything else. I know when I was making my dining ADR's, under celebrations there was a box for first visit.

Our first time they didn't do anything. The buttons came out after our first time.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing other than the button. Since Disney started the "what will you celebrate" every person is celebrating something so there's really nothing else they can do.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

PP are correct - the pin may be the only thing you get from Disney. A fun tradition in our family is a new stuffed animal from the gift shop to sleep with during the trip. We present them to the kids before bedtime on the first night. If you don't want to pay Disney prices, buy it at the Disney store at home before you leave and hide it in the luggage. Unfortunately, my guys are getting too big for stuffed things (and we have too many stuffed things) so our new tradition will be a new pin for their lanyards.

Have a magical trip!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Post Thanks / Like

While its shocking for most of us regulars to fathom, most of the people who attend Disney are actually on their first (and often only) trip to Disney. The cost of a vacation to Disney for an average American makes it too much for other than a once in a lifetime trip, and most people can never afford to go unless they live close.

So, the bottom line is that there isn't too much Disney could do or they would spend most of their time on all the first timers. But that doesn't mean you won't have an awesome time. Just try to relax and soak in the atmosphere a little.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

We went for the first time in November and actually found the CM's to be very aware of First Timers--especially kids. My DD1 was trading pins a lot. After approaching one CM to trade, they would comment on it being her first time, take her to another CM and introduce her, very engaged with her. We tried to make sure we wore our buttons, in case we did something you all would think clueless--we were!
    Lynne

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children"--Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest looking at the Magical Beginnings section of Disney's website, which includes maps for each park and the attractions best tailored to your DD's age. My DS was almost 4 for our first trip and we enjoyed all the attractions and rides that Disney had to offer specifically for his age. If you are unable to navigate any of the parks entirely (weather, nap, etc), you can target the features she would enjoy best.

Enjoy your trip!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: