Quantcast Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster Officially Announced

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster Officially Announced

From the Disney Parks Blog:

As many of you know, we’re in the midst of the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, which will nearly double the size of Fantasyland. And we’re thrilled about the expansion because it’ll allow us to tell our treasured stories in new ways and give you the opportunity to interact with some of our beloved characters like never before. Today, we’d like to give you a first glimpse of the progress we’re making in bringing these stories to life and a look at some of the art will be sharing with the media later tonight.

First, work is already well underway on many of the experiences we’ve already told you about, so let’s start with Under the Sea: Journey of The Little Mermaid. In this attraction, Ariel and all her friends will entertain you in a ride-through adventure featuring favorite songs from the popular animated feature.

Not too far from Ariel’s new home, construction is underway on Beast’s castle which will stand majestically upon a hill. You will cross over a stone bridge as you arrive at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Set in the halls of the Beast’s Castle, this location will seat up to 550 guests and offer “great food fast” service by day and full table service dining in the evening. Just outside the restaurant, you will also be able to explore Belle’s Village, which includes Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.

Nearby at Belle’s cottage, a magical mirror is the doorway to a captivating new kind of experience, where Belle, Lumiere and guests participate in a lively re-telling of the “tale as old as time.” In Enchanted Tales with Belle, the adventure begins at Maurice’s cottage, where you’ll step through an enchanted mirror that magically transports you to Beast’s library for an interactive storytelling session with Belle.

Just across the way is the brand new Storybook Circus, where we’re doubling the fun by adding another carousel to Dumbo the Flying Elephant. While you wait to board this Fantasyland favorite, you’ll have a chance to join the circus and step inside the Big Top for fun-filled interactive experiences for kids of all ages. Alongside Dumbo the Flying Elephant, the existing Barnstormer is getting a new look as well, featuring Goofy as The Great Goofini. This exciting attraction will take you on a twisting, turning, daredevil, roller coaster “flight” high above the circus fun.

As with any project of this scale, we’ve also continued to look for additional ways to surprise and delight our guests and I think you’ll be pleased. One opportunity we’re especially excited about is the chance to tell Snow White’s story in a fresh new way. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

Our other Disney princesses will also be getting a new home (actually, they prefer to call it a castle) in the all new Princess Fairytale Hall. Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in an elegant royal court at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. This new experience will be in place of some of the earlier plans we shared regarding opportunities to interact with your favorite princesses.

And Tinker Bell and her fairy friends will be joining the cast at Epcot where they will have special roles bringing the flora and fauna to life during the Flower and Garden Festival.

The New Fantasyland will be constructed in phases with most new experiences open by 2013. We look forward to sharing more with you as our work progresses.
    Last edited by John; 01-18-2011 at 04:39 PM.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

VERY cool news! Yay!!! That mine car coaster looks fun!

Good riddance SWSA!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Looks cool with lots more to do and much more open then before.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Sounds like it is going to be great. We can't wait to see it finished. Wish it wouldn't take so
    long.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful! I like the picture of the "New" Fantasyland.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

I like this much better than the prior plan. The mine train is far better than Princess castles and pixie land. Sadly, no mention of Mickey's house.

Although, I'm not thrilled with another meet and greet. When I was a kid part of the thrill (surprise!) was finding a character that was out and about roaming the park.. but I'll be the first to admit, living half an hour away at that time, we were in Disneyland park several times a year so maybe I just don't get it. I do know, I was 46 when I finally met my childhood favorite, Marie of Aristocats and the surprise was still the best part.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

A few more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

So, since I can't really tell from the picture, will the Mine Train coaster be in the old 20k lagoon site? Is that right?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering what Gaston's Tavern is going to be, since there is no alcohol in the Magic Kingdom?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, thanks
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lindique View Post
    I'm wondering what Gaston's Tavern is going to be, since there is no alcohol in the Magic Kingdom?
    Looks like it may be a counter service restaurant with Gaston's favorite decoration, antlers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

So when is Snow White going to close? Anyone know? I would like to ride it a few more times before its gone forever. It is a classic and I will miss it but I am looking forward to the changes.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait! It sounds AWESOME!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My Evil Queen's gonna be mad if they take the Old Hag and Evil Queen out of Snow White!! Please keep her in there!
    Rob
    1. '66 Preview Center(baby),'71,'76,'86,'94-Offsite
    2. '95 AS Mus,'96 AS Sport,'97 AS Mov
    3. '99 CSR,'2000 CBR
    4. '01 AS Mov,'02 AS Mov
    5. '03-'04 Pop,CHRISTmas,New Years,Collective Soul
    6. '04 Pop,Halloween
    7. '05,'06,'07,'10 Pop,CHRISTmas
    8. '11 Pop,New Years,15th Wedding Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I can't wait to see something new at MK! No matter what they do let's hope they do it right...if they do I know it'll be great!
    Maggie
    DVC Member @ OKW & BCV

Mamma to DD's E and C
    CR 80
    POLY 84
    FW 91
    POFQ 04~Last trip w/Gramps
    POP 07~E's 1st Trip
    GF & SOG 08~(Not My)Disney Wedding
    POFQ 08~BIG Family Vacation
    POP 09~Just the Girls
    BCV 10~1 Night @WDW
    OKW GV 11~C's 1st Trip
    BLT/OKW 12~Surprise!

2014 OKW/?

Post Thanks / Like

It all sounds like good news, but you would think they'd have something more for the theme princess, Cinderella! You would think they'd have a little more theme to her. Yes they did need a place for meeting the princesses, but I mainly focus on the rides/attractions.

It's time to remember the magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Still I just looked at the pictures
    and I can't stop saying
    WOAH! On the hillside!? A new castle? Or is it just drawn like that?
    It's time to remember the magic!

Post Thanks / Like

I am jumping up and down, acting crazier than the little kids in the Disney commercials. I think I will have a heart attack when I finally get to see all of the Beauty and the Beast places. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!! Yes, I will miss Snow White's Scary Adventures, but only because it's tradition. I will give it up any day over my Belle!
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG this looks so AWESOME!!!
    Next trip...
    1/16~AKL/AS Mo

Past trips...
    10/2015~Long Overdue Honeymoon @ the Disneyland Hotel! 1st visit to DL!!
    11/14~AS Mu
    3/14~Off Site
    11/13~AS Sp
    8/11~POR
    2/11~AS Mo
    4/09~Pop
    8/07-9/07~AS Sp
    GOT ENGAGED BY CASTLE!!
    12/06-1/07~AS Mo/AS Sp
    05/05~AS Mu
    08/00~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Compared to the original plan this one is better. I'm glad they listened to the parents of boys and took out the Chateaus and added the Mine Cars. It does look like they are going to try and salvage the big top in Toon Town Fair to fit with the new Storybook Circus section.

Part of me will miss SWSA but I like the idea looking at the story at another angle and possibly adding some thrills to the new ride. Besides I like the fact that each Fantasyland (DL and WDW) will be even more different from each other. Gives me reason to visit both
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: