Quantcast Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster Officially Announced - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

So what are we giving the coaster, a D or E ticket? We haven't gotten a new E ticket at the Magic Kingdom since 1992 (Splash Mountain). I was two years old then
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This sounds AWESOME. I can't wait to see it.
    Me DD 15 DD 15 DS17 DH

MARCH 2008 OFFSITE
    ME, DS13 DD13 DS15

MARCH 2009 POR
    ME, DH DD14 DD14

SEPTEMBER 2011
    ME, DH, DD15 DD15
    16TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Wow -- it all looks amazing!! I can't wait to see it all come together... the next couple of years are going to be so fun!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

This looks totally brilliant I can't wait
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Looks to be a great improvement for Fantasyland
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

This is pretty cool news,of course I for one will miss the old classic snow white ride.It is VERY dated but still whimsical to me.But the new mine ride should be neat.MORE GRUMPY i say!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the Imagineers are finally starting to focus-in on what exactly they want Fantasyland to be.

However, as always happens, our imaginations are going to make this better than, perhaps, it will be. That is not to say it won't be a welcome change, but descriptions and our minds always do a better job than reality.

With that being said, I cannot wait until this is finished. I think it is just the bump the MK needs.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited about the changes, especially the Mine coaster, but goodness wish it wasn't going to take so long. We won't be local anymore when everything is done, so we'll be planning a trip for sure.

I'm looking at that aerial view pic that John posted (3rd one) and am glad I can finally get a visual on how this is all going to shake out. They are going to have to bring in a lot of "forest" though. I hope it's not going to be too messy when they are moving the existing Dumbo and putting up those Castle walls. But yeah, looking at these pics has got me excited!
    Last edited by Melanie; 01-19-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Still going to miss SWSA especially that it was a good place to get a rest.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also excited about that little tid-bit about the Barnstormer surviving. Everything I had heard until now was that Barnstormer was going away, but the re-theming seems like fun.
    Steve

Ohana means family....
    Schultzy means crazy family!

Last Trip: November 2015 At POP

Next Trip: May 2017 at POP...again. Unless the FP+ thing isn't worked out. Then we'll go to Dollywood. Or just stay home and look at pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the updated plans. I'm looking forward to the Mine Train and our family really won't miss Snow White's Scary Adventures. It took forever for our daughter to go on it and I can definitely see it terrorizing young children. I think they definitely do HAVE to pay tribute to Snow White in some fashion as it was Walt Disney's first full-length feature, and it appears to me that the Mine Train should be a good, happier way to do that.

I'm looking forward to the Beast's Castle and Be Our Guest restaurant and Gaston's Tavern. All the Beauty and the Beast stuff seems pretty neat to me. Also really looking forward to the Ariel ride.

I'm actually o.k. with how long it will take. As long as they don't start cutting budget corners, I'd rather see them take their time and do it right. I can wait. I'm not going anywhere and hope it lives up to the promises. Thus far, the plans certainly seem to be, in my opinion.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

Love Love Love how the plans are taking shape!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

The area looks gorgeous and I think this is Disney's answer to Wizarding World of HP at IOA. Though it lacks a signature mega-ride like Forbidden Journey at IOA, it looks to be a much bigger and even more immersive area.

The theming looks incredible. I love the attention to detail. I was never incredibly fond of the "Renaissance Fair" look of old FL and thought that DL's FL blew WDW's out of the water.

Little Mermaid should be incredible, but the mine coaster looks cool too. Wondering what exactly the ride technology will be, as there are a few coaster companies out there that have been plugging coaster cars that "drift" and fishtail along w/ the natural movement of the ride, similar to what they are talking about.

I just hope that they don't skimp on the mine train like they did with the Indy coaster at DLP. In other words, I don't want to see a run-of-the-mill mine train coaster w/ a few quick "in a cave" sections. I would even like to see a few motion-controlled areas where the cars slow down for a show scene or something, but who knows, it will be neat to see what they come up with.

If it turns out anything like the concept art, this is going to be a HUGE homerun for WDW and for the MK especially.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The concept art is gorgeous, but I can't help but wonder how closely what the end up building will really be to it.

I mean, that's some seriously elaborate stuff there ... way beyond anything Disney has tackled of late. Either they've decided to really push the envelope here or I'm guessing that the concept art you're looking at will remain just that ... a concept.

Although again ... I absolutely am excited and am not going to make a final decision until I see this stuff for real. From what I've heard, the Carsland addition to DCA is going to be amazing in terms of the painstaking detail of the theming. Maybe this will be a similar undertaking at WDW.

Of course, we all know that this thing is only one budget cut away from becoming a disaster ... that's the one thing that prevents me from being too excited right now. We've all seen WDI go in with the best intentions, only to have the rug pulled out from under them by the bean counters.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The concept art is gorgeous, but I can't help but wonder how closely what the end up building will really be to it.
    I don't find the concept art that elaborate or out of the realm of reality. I think they can pull off that sort of look, and I think they will.

All of the concept art for the improvements at DCA have, for the most part, been fairly accurate in regards to the work that has been done already (in Paradise Pier).

Also, from pictures I've seen already online, the Disney Dream ship's finished areas look pretty close to the concept art as well.

It seems like Disney is really putting a lot of effort into its refurbishments and new projects lately. The timetable of a 2013 completion jives with the concept art and the amount of work that needs to be done.

I'd be worried if they said "opening in 2012"...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I have high hopes with this announcement and concept art.

I have a rare paperback book released by Disney before Epcot opened. It contained concept work for many of the attractions and those works of art turned out to be darn near spot on for the finished attractions.

It is my hope that Disney stays the course and everything happens the way it is planned.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

șoș It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

The concepts look great, fantasyland seemed to be out of place in the MK, like an afterthought. The MK will now be a complete park if they can only do something with the speedway. I am definately going to miss SWSA, that is one of my best memories of WDW as a kid. I wish they would have kept that and got rid of Pooh. Oh well I cant wait to see the finished product
    2008 - Anniversary trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2005 - Honeymoon trip: Port Orleans Riverside
    2015 - Kids 1st Visit: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I think you will see it be very close if not dead-on. I think that the overwhelming success and profitability of the Wizarding World of HP will really push WDI to make this just as gorgeous as it looks in the concept art. This is basically their rebuttal to WWoHP so they can't afford to go cheap or cut corners. I see them pulling out all the stops here as is evident by the redesign (adding the mine coaster) and the beautiful, highly-detailed theming.

Think of it this way, in the past no one has ever really held a candle to Disney in the realm of theming and attention to detail. Now, with WWoHP, IOA has really gotten back on DIsney's radar (don't forget that it was rumored that Beastly Kingdom was originally meant to combat IOA's thrill rides when it opened, but when IOA wasn't as successful as was predicted, Disney put it on the backburner).

I think WWoHP is just the kind of competition that WDI and management need to get their competitive juices flowing. Which is a good thing for WDW fans I think!
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great. Anybody have any idea where exactly the Seven Dwarfs' mine train attraction be located? On Google maps (satellite view) it appears that a lot of dirt is being moved around on the other side of the railroad tracks from the ToonTown Fair station. Could this be the possible location? There's also a lot of clearing going on well behind Small world, but that's so far out of the way, I have to believe that's going to be an employee parking lot/staging area.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantasyland has needed a serious update for a long time. This looks absolutely amazing!
    07/94 Disneyland Paris
    03/99 Offsite
    03/00 FW Campground/AS Movies
    01/01 Caribbean Beach
    03/02 WDW Dolphin
    04/15 Grand Floridian
    01/19 Sheraton Vistana Villages

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: