Quantcast BCV, a baby, and plans for Nov

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile BCV, a baby, and plans for Nov

I'm guilty of not posting a trip report after our Jan. 2010 trip. I have a good excuse though.
    The 2 cent story is that after several years of not being able to get pregnant, DH and I applied and were approved in Nov. 2009 to adopt (waiting to be matched). We went off to Disney Jan 2010 to BCV, we were upgraded from a studio to a two bedroom, it was amazing. Well, pixie dust and a decision to put off going to the parks for a couple of extra hours (the suite was so nice!) ended up w/me thinking for the rest of the week that I had extraordinary lactose intolerance. The sweet singing lady who was trying to "get out the vote" on Main Street called us "love birds" but we didn't know if at the time - yup, we were pregnant. I was so sick for all 9 months and certain things made me feel even sicker - you guessed it, any mention of Disney made me want to puke all the more. LOL. Fast forward and we have a sweetheart little boy, our Disney baby, who just turned four months old.

Well, we got over first pin code ever last week and off we go, back to our honeymoon resort BCV, this time with Disney baby in tow. This time we are splurging on a 1 bedroom (justified by the pin code and fast accumulating Dinsey points from the visa). We are very happily putting plans in place and I am reading everything I can on the boards that gives advice for bringing a 14 month old. You may see some posts with questions soon. All advice happily accepted. We've only ever had an "adult" WDW vacation and know this one will be a lot different, in some obvious and not so obvious ways.

If you have any tips in advance of my questions, please share! Thanks for reading my story. And sorry about not posting that trip report. My tummy just couldn't handle it!
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great story! Congrats!

You may want to check out this information on traveling with a baby in info central. There are other topics there that you might want to peruse as well.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a great story! I took my oldest for his 1st birthday in Oct 2008. We found a really good deal so we went back in Jan with him at 15 months and both trips were magical. Here's my advice:

1. Try to keep your usual schedule as much as possible. We went back to the resort for an afternoon nap and we were back for the night by 9pm.

2. Use grocery delivery or ship a box with baby supplies (diapers, snacks, etc.)

3. Bring your own stroller. I recommend an umbrella style with recline, a good sunshade, and a rain cover. They make shade extenders and we love that it can adjust to block sun from just about any angle. A clip fan for the stroller is nice too.

4. If you do a character meal schedule it for the end of the week and introduce your little guy to characters in the parks first. Our son hated characters on day one, but loved them a couple days in. Princesses or characters that have a human face are good ones to start with.

5. Go at an your own pace and resolve to not see or do everything. We "wasted" at least an hour playing in the pop jet fountain at EPCOT and another half hour playing in the jumping fountain. Those are some of the best memories I have of that trip. (Speaking of...bring a towel and change of clothes to the parks because kids can get soaked in those fountains.)

6. The Baby Care Centers in each park are awesome! Sometimes it was just nice to get away from all the noise and activity. They have highchairs, nursing rooms, and full sized padded changing tables. They are super clean and they sell supplies if you find that you forgot a critical baby care item.

7. We used bus transportation on our son's first trip and it was fine, but we do prefer to rent a car if possible. It's nice to not ever be stuck waiting for a bus and also nice to be able to take your time loading your stroller and diaper bag.
    Last edited by Disney Doll; 01-26-2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: thought of more tips :)
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!!!

I appreciate the time you took to give us such wonderful advice! Thank you!
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!