Quantcast Best Disneyland Area Hotels?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Best Disneyland Area Hotels?

I'm curious to see what your professional opinions are about hotels right outside of Disneyland. We are thinking of going to the parks in late May of this year (but prior to Memorial Day Weekend).

We're open to staying on the Disney property, but are looking for a good value. To my knowledge, the only added value to the Disney-owned hotels is morning EMHs.

We're a married couple (no kids) and would like something that is nice, and not too motel-ish. To be honest, we'd rather not spend $400 a night because we'll be spending most of our days in the parks.

Oh, being able to walk to the parks or grab a frequent, reliable shuttle would be a plus!

So, what are your thoughts? I trust you folks more than TripAdvisor and we need help since I haven't been to DL since 1988!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like Candy Cane Inn. It is a short walk to the park and has free parking. The rooms are nice and reliably clean. The free breakfast is pretty good too (a perk of staying at a non-Disney hotel).

I love Disney more than most people but I think that one of the nice perks about Disneyland is that you don't have to stay on property to have a good experience and you can do a trip for much cheaper.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed a couple of times at the Sheraton Anaheim on Ball. We're a couple with no kids as well and really enjoyed it. They shuttle you over to the park and are right on time with their transportation schedule. And, if you happen to be at the hotel when the fireworks are set, you can see them from the hotel. We've got pricing in the $129 - $169 per night range.

Where ever you stay, have a great time.
    Richard

1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 All Star Music
    2004 Coronado Springs
    2006 All Star Music
    2007 CBR
    Sept 20 - Oct 1 2009 CBR

Disneyland - since the 50's - too many times to count (DD used to work the Jungle Cruise so we got in for FREE!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at several places within easy walking distance. The Quality Inn, the Tropicana and the Park Vue. The Park Vue and Tropicana are both right across the street from the main entrance. The Quality Inn is MAYBE a ten minute walk. All have free parking and breakfast, thought the breakfast at the Tropicana was really bad. Park Vue and Quality Inn both had waffle bars as well as more substantial food. I'm actually pricing out a trip for mid April and the Tropicana came up about $130 a night and the Park Vue at $140.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for the info!

I'm going to look up these hotels when I get home tonight and have my husband take a look as well!

It's so nice to hear that people have had good experiences at non-Disney hotels. I kinda want to save the more $$$ part of the trip for a hotel/resort in San Diego.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

The 1st time we went to DL resort we stayed at Grand Californian. Last time I went I stayed at Ramada Park View Inn. I doubt I'll ever stay at a Disney resort again. It's completely not like Fla. There are lot's of great alternative options from the DL resorts that are much, much cheaper and there's really no benefit to staying onsite at DL. You can walk to the parks & Downtown Disney from anywhere on Harbor Blvd or Katella Ave. Candy Cane Inn looked nice and is a very popular place.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: