Quantcast Gulf Shores

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Gulf Shores

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gulf Shores

Some of you read my post about where to go for a beach vacation while on maternity leave. We're fairly sure that we've settled on Gulf Shores. Now, where should we stay? DH wants to stay basically on the beach, so that we can come and go, not have to drive back and forth to the hotel. I've looked at the Holiday Inn Express, anyone ever stay there? Or can you offer other suggestions? It's fairly close to the park and the zoo, both of which we'd like to visit. I know there's lots of amusement-type parks, but with DD2 and DD2months, I don't think they'd be for us this time. Any other suggestions on places to visit?
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey...I think I can help. We vacation in Gulf Shores all the time. My parents actually have a condo in Orange Beach. I would suggest that you look into a condo. The Phoenix condos are nice and family friendly with outdoor and indoor pools and right on the beach. With littleones you need a kitchen....and mom and dad need a balcony to watch the beautiful sunsets!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, for what you will pay for a hotel room on the beach you can get a condo. I have stayed in most of the Phoenix condos and agree with pandkx3 that they are very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

We've only ever stayed at the Plantations Resort in Gulf Shores. Its on the beach, but away from all the attractions. So if your wanting to do any attractions while there you'll have to drive a little way to get to them. Everyone else I know that goes to Gulf Shores either stays at the Plantations or in one of the Phoenix condos. If you'd like a ground floor condo close to a pool I can PM you some info. A friend of mine owns a condo at one of the Phoenix buildings.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We just stayed at Island Winds East and it was very nice and not just terribly expensive. We got a condo with an indirect view of the gulf but it was really a great view from our balcony, just as good as direct view. We sat on the balcony at night and the waves were very calming. It is one of the Brett Robinson condo rentals (almost all of them are), and it can be booked at their site. We took a dolphin cruise and it was great as well. Mobile and Pensacola have great places to eat and both are a short drive!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I live about 45 minutes from Gulf Shores.I agree that you can probably get a good deal on a condo. You can usually get a cheaper price if you don't ask for a gulf view - that doesn't mean your condo wouldn't be on the beach, it just means it might face the road instead of the gulf. Sometimes the realty companies offer deals like rent 3 nights get 1 free. It depends on what's going on and the time of year.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

Don't stay in a hotel. Try vrbo or something similar. Stay in a house or condo. They are inexpensive. If you don't like high rises, don't stay in Orange beach. I prefer the west gulf shores or fort morgan. It is very nice down that way. Do it quickly...summer is booking fast.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: