i live in central ga about 3 hours from savannah and my wife & i go often for day trips or short wknds.we go to kellers flea market (look for the giant cow)very interesting.weve done the carriage tours which was fun but prefer the walking tour .you can get maps at the visitors center.river street is a must .wet willies for a mudslide and sitting by the river. they sometimes have street perfomers and i think the first weekend of the month they have an outdoor market.the warehouse is good for lunch (ga dawg hot dog) tybee is wonderful .very relaxing if your on tybee heres some places to eat For breakfast the Sugar Shack or The breakfast club. for seafood we eat at stingrays or the crab shack which we both enjoy .we find the restaurants on river street to be touristy.we ALWAYS eat at Loves.they open at 5pm on sat. & noon on sundays. sometimes a wait but not bad 30 min.now i'll step on some toes for sure but its my opinion. Lady & Sons is highly over rated weve eaten there a few times & the wait isnt worth it. the food is okay but isnt much different that what my wife fixes at home.it is TOURISTY to the max thus the long wait time.im a history buff so weve seen all the forts which is interesting.you can make your stay as relaxing or as active as you want it because there is plenty to do.hope you have a great time visiting my state & remember buckle up.