Quantcast EE refurb. could it be possible? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    Yep. Something is finally happening. Don't expect a "fully functioning" yeti to emerge, but I think most of us will be happy with the result.
    Well this is good news, i think. But how can we, those who have enjoyed the ride in its original form, be happy with anything less than a "fully functioning" Yeti? I guess a Disco Yeti is better than none. And a Yeti that moves a little is better than not at all. But really, if the Yeti doesn't swipe his big, hairy hand at me as i rush past, then i'm not as happy as i expect to be.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband summed it up well when he rode E:E for the first time last April.

He said, and I quote: "It was just okay. It's an okay coaster, but where was the yeti? Isn't that supposed to be the whole point of this ride? Without him, it's just an okay coaster...nothing special."

And that was coming from someone who we could consider the "average" Disney visitor. He's likes Disney enough and indulges my obsession, but he's only been to WDW a handful of times. He is nowhere near considered an obsessed WDW fan.

So, glad to hear they are fixing it, if even somewhat. DH said he doesn't even care to ride it again until the yeti is at least doing something.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    Ok, as usual in these posts about the Yeti, somebody writes that Disney is being "cheap." I have a question, would one rather have large amounts of money poured into a Yeti that most people miss, most people don't care about and it not working does not take way from the ride or would you rather Disney spend their money on a Fantasyland refurb and expansions elsewhere in the parks?

It will never be a matter of being cheap. It is a matter of Corporate responsibility to its shareholders to spend their dollars wisely. If the money is better spent elsewhere, then that is where it should be spent.
    Well, from what I heard, Park Ops was fighting with WDI over, you guessed it. Money. Park Ops, as I heard it, refused to cough up the money to pay for fixing the yeti. WDI refused to cough up the money saying the ride is now Park Ops responsibility. If Park Ops were not being cheap, the yeti would have been fixed as soon as problems were detected. Not several years later. So, yes, it is WDW management being cheap.

I hate to bring up, WHAT WOULD WALT DO, but in this instance, what do you think Walt would do? Everest is marketed as an encounter with the yeti. The commercials for the ride show a yeti swiping down on the train. The ride even had a special television show dedicated to it. Having a broken yeti in all his disco glory for the last few years is a disgrace. All over money.

I am glad to hear something is finally being done. Hopefully upper upper management told TDO to shape up or you'll be shipped out. A fire needs to be lit under this management team. Tom Staggs may be the guy who is finally going to get results. God knows Jay Rasulo was a major failure.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my guess, and it's just a guess:

Disney does want to fix this problem, and they will spend the money. But what they don't want to happen is to spend $XX.XX and then have it break down again in three years. They should take their time and do it right.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

you'd think they could take the AA Yeti out and just make a fake statue version while the fix the AA version, however i heard it was he was ripping away from the supports, not really broken himself
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    Well, from what I heard, Park Ops was fighting with WDI over, you guessed it. Money. Park Ops, as I heard it, refused to cough up the money to pay for fixing the yeti. WDI refused to cough up the money saying the ride is now Park Ops responsibility. If Park Ops were not being cheap, the yeti would have been fixed as soon as problems were detected. Not several years later. So, yes, it is WDW management being cheap.

I hate to bring up, WHAT WOULD WALT DO, but in this instance, what do you think Walt would do? Everest is marketed as an encounter with the yeti. The commercials for the ride show a yeti swiping down on the train. The ride even had a special television show dedicated to it. Having a broken yeti in all his disco glory for the last few years is a disgrace. All over money.

I am glad to hear something is finally being done. Hopefully upper upper management told TDO to shape up or you'll be shipped out. A fire needs to be lit under this management team. Tom Staggs may be the guy who is finally going to get results. God knows Jay Rasulo was a major failure.
    You've got to stop listening to the bus drivers and custodial CM's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post

Disney does want to fix this problem, and they will spend the money. But what they don't want to happen is to spend $XX.XX and then have it break down again in three years. They should take their time and do it right.
    That is a great guess and same thing I would assume. I do believe they want the yeti fixed. Of course, WDI wants to make sure the job is done right. I agree, they need to take their time and do it right, even if that means putting up a temporary digital projection screen, like Haunted Mansion has for the Hitchhiking Ghosts at the moment.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    You've got to stop listening to the bus drivers and custodial CM's.
    Nice try. But this information actually comes from someone who does have legit sources, not a bus driver or frontline cast member. And what did I say in my post that doesn't seem logical? We al know the management team in WDW are cheap. The ride is in Park Ops hands now. They are responsible for the upkeep. They didn't want to pay for fixing the yeti. WDI didn't want to pay. You won't be told that because it is an internal conflict. But someone who has the proper connections has let the cat out of the bag elsewhere. Believe what you want, but this has been one of the biggest reasons the yeti was not fixed sooner.

Again, Glendale has been laying the smackdown on TDO lately. They obviouly have come to realize the cheapness can no longer continue, not with Wizarding World kicking Mickey's backside from here to Kingdom Come. Tom Staggs is the new man in charge of Disney Parks. And he seems to understand what the right business decisions are. If not, Mickey will suffer the fate of many other Avara Kedavra victims.

Post Thanks / Like

Disney should fix this ASAP. Right now, they're misrepresenting the ride to people who are paying full price for their tickets. With all the surcharges that Disney comes up with (i.e. increased prices for meals on holidays), they never consider giving the public a price break of some kind when their parks don't deliver on what they promise. The Yeti is an embarassment when it comes to Disney's usual high standards.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there this time next week. Hoping that whatever they're doing will be finished and we get to see a working yeti.

I wonder though if maybe they're getting him ready for his 5th birthday, April 6th.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    I will be there this time next week. Hoping that whatever they're doing will be finished and we get to see a working yeti.
    Well, because they haven't announced this refurb (or said a thing about it) it's impossible to know how long this scrim might be up. It might be a week or a couple of months. No way to know.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Well, because they haven't announced this refurb (or said a thing about it) it's impossible to know how long this scrim might be up. It might be a week or a couple of months. No way to know.
    Take it for what it is worth, but, someone on another site said 1 month??? I think that would put it right in line for the passholder event...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hardly a thing they can "announce" though, is it?

"Hey guys, we fixed the ride we'd be conning you with for years on end!"
    1998 : All Star Sports
    2001 : Off-Site
    2005 : Caribbean Beach
    2008 : Caribbean Beach
    2011 : Animal Kingdom Lodge
    2015 (Aug/Sept) : Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinynewJB View Post
    It's hardly a thing they can "announce" though, is it?

"Hey guys, we fixed the ride we'd be conning you with for years on end!"
    LOL
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Something is finally happening. Don't expect a "fully functioning" yeti to emerge, but I think most of us will be happy with the result.
    Thanks for the info Ron!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Take it for what it is worth, but, someone on another site said 1 month??? I think that would put it right in line for the passholder event...
    AP event was a few weeks ago. ???

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'll have to wait until September to see the results...
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Howell, MI (Detroit) - 1176 miles from the Wilderness Lodge
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post

I agree with this as well and I think this is the issue. If Disney is going to take the ride down for a major fix, they want to make sure the fix is permanent and done right. I'm not an engineer, so who knows the type of planning and logistics involved in fixing this thing. I am in the group that believes the ride should be fixed, but I'm not blaming Disney for being 'cheap', I just don't think they have a satisfactory fix yet for it.
    Up Next:
    1/2016 - VGC - Disneyland

1996 - Off Site
    1998 - Off Site
    1999 - FW Cabins
    2000 - ASM
    2000 - FW Cabins
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - Wilderness Lodge & Fairy Tale Wedding
    2004 - ASMu
    2006 - VWL
    2007 - CSR
    2008 - SSR
    2009 - VWL
    2011 - POR & BWV
    2013 - AKL - Kidani
    2015 - Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

A refurbishment is in progress, hidden from view in the darkness behind the scrim. Watch for the yeti to emerge again on April 1st.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

A refurbishment is in progress, hidden from view in the darkness behind the scrim. Watch for the yeti to emerge again on April 1st.
    Ron have you heard anything official on how extensive this refurb will be? April 1 doesn't seem long enough to have done anything extensive.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: