Quantcast MK Fireworks?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: MK Fireworks?

Post Thanks / Like

Question MK Fireworks?

Hey all, going to Disney in August with my mom for a mother daughter trip (yay!) and thinking about how to make this trip a little different. So my question to you, where have you watched the MK fireworks from with a good view, but NOT in the park? Thanks for any ideas!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes<3 (:

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE sitting at the beach at the Polynesian!! We are not great lovers of fireworks up close so this is a perfect spot for us!!! Plus its is just beautiful there sitting by the water!!!

Kim

1984 MAY- OFF PROPERTY Senior Class Trip!!
    1985-86 May- OFF PROPERTY
    2005 MARCH- OFF PROPERTY
    2007 FEBRUARY - POP
    2008 AUG.- POP
    2009 MARCH - POR
    2009 AUG.-POLY
    2010 AUG. - POP
    2011 AUG. - POP
    2012 APRIL - All STAR MOVIES
    2013 DEC.-POP
    2014 AUG.-AOA
    2015 APRIL- CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I would second the beach at the Poly as being an excellent spot from which to watch the fireworks. We've also enjoyed the view from the dock at the Grand Floridian. You can also try the viewing area of the 4th floor of the Contemporary.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine being anywhere BUT in the park. Just my opinion!

Post Thanks / Like

We saw it from the beach at the Poly last August and it was the absolute best! It was relaxing and stress free. Really enjoyed it so much more without all the crowds of people.
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for seeing them from the Poly beach... nothing better than having a drink or munchie from the Tambu Lounge and settling in on the beach for a relaxing fireworks show!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Another vote for seeing them from the Poly beach... nothing better than having a drink or munchie from the Tambu Lounge and settling in on the beach for a relaxing fireworks show!!
    We're right beside you!

• Front of Ferry Boat crossing Seven Seas Lagoon.
    • California Grill eating sushi.
    • Actually ours is on the "Hill" to the right of Poly Beach.

BUT nothing beats the view from center Main Street with the background music and watching Tinker Bell fly across the sky towards Tomorrow Land!

1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

If your budget allows, I highly reccomend a "fireworks cruise". They run from the Contemporary. You board the boat, the driver took our picture, they offer snacks ( chips, cookies ) and soft drinks. There are blankets on the boat for you if its chilly. The driver gives you a cruise on Bay Lake, all around, and a little info as well. Its funny to see the water birds nesting at night! We got the "audio version" allowing us to have the Main Street music on board, as well as the "Wishes" audio, which was great because we could actually hear it, rather than the hustle and bustle of the crowds. We also got right up close to the Electric Water pageant and the sound was great, the music bounced off of the water. Eventually the driver brings you across to the Seven Seas lagoon, and the boat sits in front of MK, where you have a view of the train station, the castle, and the fireworks beyond. After the show is over, you are brought back to the Contemporary dock and head out on your way. NO CROWDS. We loved this cruise, and can't beleive we hadn't done it before! Its now a "must do" for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paragon View Post
    If your budget allows, I highly reccomend a "fireworks cruise". They run from the Contemporary. You board the boat, the driver took our picture, they offer snacks ( chips, cookies ) and soft drinks. There are blankets on the boat for you if its chilly. The driver gives you a cruise on Bay Lake, all around, and a little info as well. Its funny to see the water birds nesting at night! We got the "audio version" allowing us to have the Main Street music on board, as well as the "Wishes" audio, which was great because we could actually hear it, rather than the hustle and bustle of the crowds. We also got right up close to the Electric Water pageant and the sound was great, the music bounced off of the water. Eventually the driver brings you across to the Seven Seas lagoon, and the boat sits in front of MK, where you have a view of the train station, the castle, and the fireworks beyond. After the show is over, you are brought back to the Contemporary dock and head out on your way. NO CROWDS. We loved this cruise, and can't beleive we hadn't done it before! Its now a "must do" for us.
    Sounds soooo coool! Where can I get more info/pricing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exvagirl View Post
    Sounds soooo coool! Where can I get more info/pricing?
    Right here.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The cruise is run by Sammy Duvall sports. We rode on what can best be described as one of those medium sized party boats. I was a bit nervous about it when I first got there, because the water was making the boat rise and fall quite a bit, I was sure DW and someone else were going to back out ( potential seasickness ) HOWEVER it calmed down quite a bit and was actually very, very, very smooth. I can't reccomend this activity nearly enough. I hope you can fit it in to your plans!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We did the Pirate Firwork Cruise. Awsome dessert party at the Contemporary with visit from and pictures with Hook and Mr. Smee. Then a cruise with a funny pirate, fun jokes and perfect water view of the fireworks. Peter Pan was waiting to take photos with us when we returned to the dock. It was a fun time.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done it from the beach at the Poly (enjoyed it) and from California Grille. Both were fun but California Grille was cool also because we were seated to the back of the restaurant and were actually able to watch the Epcot fireworks and go to the patio to see the MK ones just before desert. Totally a memory I'll never forget.
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW