Quantcast Yellowstone Help - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NJ - the Philly end
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The lower areas of Yellowstone are about the same as, or a little lower than, the South Rim (give ot take 7000 feet) . . . but on average, Yellowstone is 8000 and it goes up from there.

    Some folks experience sleep disturbances at those elevations, due to someewhat lower concentrations of oxygen in the air.

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Yellowstone

    Yellowstone, and all other national parks for that matter, just opened their lodge bookings for the Summer of 2012 just 30 mins ago.

    Rooms go fast so if you are interested call 866-439-7375. It was busy when I called (everyone trying to get a room) so I booked online with Xanterra.

    I can't believe I got the room I wanted! Happy Day
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Where did you end up?
    Dave aka: Altair
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know" - Carl Sagan

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We got our room at El Tovar for very late March. Any idea what is the weather in that Canyon then?zAnd even for Vegas at that time. Late March to early April.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Where did you end up?
    The Old Faithful Inn. I got a room on the East side with a geyser view, 2 queen beds and private bath. I am so excited! I think that we will be flying into Jackson. I wanted a non stop, but from Philly we can only get to SLC and that is a 7 hour drive to the OFI. If we fly into Jackson it is only a 2 hour drive. We will have to stop in Chicago but the plane from Chicago to Jackson is still a large plane (I won't fly in a small plane). Another plus was it looks like Jackson has more fun things to do than SLC, and we plan on staying overnight.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    We got our room at El Tovar for very late March. Any idea what is the weather in that Canyon then?zAnd even for Vegas at that time. Late March to early April.
    I think the Canyon will still be cold in March. When I spoke to the person at Yellowstone yesterday she told me that they still had snow on the ground there. When we went in October (late), it was chilly in the morning and after the sun went down. During the day it was warm and you didn't need a jacket.

    I think you are going to love the El Tovar. It was so old fashion but still very comfortable and homey. The elk came up to the doors every night. It was so cool! To walk outside the lobby and see the views was breath taking. Make sure you make reservations for the restaurant right away. It has glass windows and again the views are amazing especially in the morning at breakfast.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    St. Peters, MO
    Posts
    3,937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The 2011 Summer Issue of Yellowstone Today has been released. Just do a search to find it. It contains information such as Ranger led programs and road closures for the summer season. A must for any Yellowstone visitor.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know" - Carl Sagan

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    1,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really hadn't taken into consideration the elevations. We fly into Salt Lake City, and do a lot of driving between there, Hayden Valley, and Jackson Hole. We are also planning a tram ride while in Jackson Hole which will take us to the 10,000ft elevations. Here in NC our elevations are just barely 1/2 that at many of our highest points. But I'll push through knowing what I'm experiencing. I can't wait!!!
    OAmy O DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    NJ - the Philly end
    Posts
    442
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    The Old Faithful Inn. I got a room on the East side with a geyser view, 2 queen beds and private bath. I am so excited! I think that we will be flying into Jackson. I wanted a non stop, but from Philly we can only get to SLC and that is a 7 hour drive to the OFI. If we fly into Jackson it is only a 2 hour drive. We will have to stop in Chicago but the plane from Chicago to Jackson is still a large plane (I won't fly in a small plane). Another plus was it looks like Jackson has more fun things to do than SLC, and we plan on staying overnight.
    Be sure to compare rental car prices between the airports you are considering.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPT Trips View Post
    Be sure to compare rental car prices between the airports you are considering.

    Why is Jackson alot higher?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

  12. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How quickly do the rooms sell out? I'm having trouble getting DH to commit one way or the other for next summer.

  13. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    How quickly do the rooms sell out? I'm having trouble getting DH to commit one way or the other for next summer.
    Take a look at their website. You can put in your dates and see what's still available. It may already be too late. When I tried to book for this summer (last summer) a year in advance there was nothing left. But on the other side of the coin, if you decide to go and nothing is available just keeping calling everyday. You can cancel your reservation without penalty up to the week before your reservation so you might get lucky.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

  14. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Take a look at their website. You can put in your dates and see what's still available. It may already be too late. When I tried to book for this summer (last summer) a year in advance there was nothing left. But on the other side of the coin, if you decide to go and nothing is available just keeping calling everyday. You can cancel your reservation without penalty up to the week before your reservation so you might get lucky.
    Thanks! I'll try that. Do you have a link by any chance? When I tried looking online, I only found a phone number.

  15. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I actually just found it! Sorry!

    If I can't get into Old Faithful Inn, what others would you recommend?

  16. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    I think the Canyon will still be cold in March. When I spoke to the person at Yellowstone yesterday she told me that they still had snow on the ground there. When we went in October (late), it was chilly in the morning and after the sun went down. During the day it was warm and you didn't need a jacket.

    I think you are going to love the El Tovar. It was so old fashion but still very comfortable and homey. The elk came up to the doors every night. It was so cool! To walk outside the lobby and see the views was breath taking. Make sure you make reservations for the restaurant right away. It has glass windows and again the views are amazing especially in the morning at breakfast.
    I kept thinking about that cold Canyon. And I figure since it is going to be part of our Vegas trip, and I have always wanted to go to "Vegas Uncorked", so I moved our dates to early May.

    So now I will definitely get making the dinner reservations.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site