Quantcast POFQ or WL?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: POFQ or WL?

Post Thanks / Like

Default POFQ or WL?

So we stayed at POFQ right before they started the refurb. We were there in SEpt 2009. Our room needed a lot of help! To the point that we should of complained. Dirt marks all over the tub, dust galore everywhere in the room, etc etc. Anyways - we were not in the room that much.

We are going back in August 2012 (I know far away still). I can't decide if we should try POFQ again since it is done the refurb (queen beds I have been told, new tvs, etc). or try WL. I always wanted to try WL, but afraid that by 2012 it will need a refurb. Is it really worth almost 1000 more for that resort? Will I be happy? It is me, DH, and DD7 (in 2012). I like a clean room that isn't falling apart. We are hoping for free dining, so will have to pay regular room rates.

Thanks again!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been to both and liked them very much. Personally, if budget allows, I would go back to WL. I love FQ as a moderate, but IMO, it cannot compare to Wilderness Lodge. The themeing is great, good views, swimming pool is better, you are close to MK and have the option of boat or bus.

It's all a matter of choice. Some people skip the ammenities and stay at value/moderate; others pay the extra and go deluxe. Either way, you can't go wrong with either resort.
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

If you aren't going to spend that much time in your room/at the resort, I would probably go with POFQ just to save some money and because it is also a great resort. But if you want to be closer to MK and are planning on spending some more time at the resort I would go with WL.
    Last Trip-April 2008-Boardwalk Inn
    Next Trip-October 2017-POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I agree --- if money is not an issue; I would pick WL over POFQ. I've stayed at both and there is no comparison between the two. WL is just a great resort!!
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at both and like both. I like that POFQ is a small resort. WL was refurbished not that long ago so I doubt that's a worry. We're staying at WL again this September as that's my husband's preference.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

those are the only 2 places we've stayed and loved both of them! We did WL on our first trip in 2008 and fell in love with it. When we went back in 2010, we went with POFQ because our trips were 18 months apart (and let's admit - a Disney trip is not cheap!). I thought I would hate not being at WL, but I actually LOVED POFQ. We didn't have any problems with our rooms and for the price difference, we actually loved the fact we could share amenities with POR. Our kids loved having 2 different pools to choose from, the boat ride to DTD and the variety of things to do between both resorts. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at WL again....but only if the price was right. And we spend a lot of time at our resort, so the resort we choose IS important to us. But to each their own and if $$ isn't an issue, then go with the one that you think is best for you & your family! IMO, you can't go wrong with either one!! ENJOY!!!
    Melinda

Trips:

Offsite - June 1997
    WL - October 2008
    POFQ - April/May 2010

RPH - Universal - May 7th-11th 2014
    POFQ - Sept. 27-30, 2014 (just the two of us!)
    Royal Pacific Hotel - Universal - June 27th - July 1st, 2015
    POFQ - Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

To me these are two different worlds and first, let me state that we stayed here in august and our room appeared to be refurbed. We had beautiful new flat screen tvs, the beds were fresh with no scratches or deppreciation that was noticeable. There was no dust or any issues in the room or bathrooms. We had two rooms and they both looked the same, just mirrors of each other and we had bunkbeds in one. I thought it was a beautiful resort and so close to everything. The food here is fun and tasty too. The pool is so much more fun and the slide is 5x better than fq. pofq pool, imho, is for toddlers. If you have children older than 5 or the adults want to enjoy the slide, Id pick WL. I wasnt sure if i would be happy at WL but I was so happy there, I didnt care if we went to the parks...I still love beach club the best but I would never choose FQ over WL....well, unless it meant me going to disney when I really couldnt afford it. If it were a money issue, Id stay wherever I had to in order to get there for a few days. Try WL. I think you will be pleasantly suprised with everything it has to offer.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindyMouse76 View Post
    So we stayed at POFQ right before they started the refurb. We were there in SEpt 2009. Our room needed a lot of help! To the point that we should of complained. Dirt marks all over the tub, dust galore everywhere in the room, etc etc.
    We did too. POR was the same way. It was so dirty. We asked for them to clean it because our children broke out in horrible rashes only when we returned to our room and they came in and all they did was change the sheets. We were livid but the management there wouldnt do anything else for us. We were there for 2 weeks and spent a lot of time in the room and im neurotic about dust and dirt. We even found candy under the bed and uhm, it wasnt ours! The maids kept waking us at 6am and once barged in on us without knocking and so we had to start using our chain at night.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Love 'em both but if you have the cash go with the Wilderness Lodge. Great theming and one of my all-time favorites
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

We love the WL and have always had wonderful rooms and views there. I really don't care if we're in the room 5 minutes or 5 hours a day. We're balcony people, and I want a room with a nice balcony and a great view! And we get that @ the WL. Plus,it's more conveniently located and the least expensive of the deluxes. And, on a personal preference note, there's no place better thand the WL dock @ sunrise. I have my AM coffee there every morning!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

In about 7 visits, we've gone with Wl for 5 of them. First time was AKL, which was great, and we still go back for Boma every time, but it was pretty far away from the stuff the little one wanted.

One of the trips we stayed at Music, and it was too low-end for my comfort level. It was what we could afford that year though. Now I just save up more for WL. It's especially amazing at Christmastime, with the 5+ story tree in the lobby... oh, and I love the soundtrack in the lobby.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: