Quantcast Where is Everyone Going

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where is Everyone Going

Where is everyone going this summer? We are staying close to home. We will be in Ocean City, NJ for the month of August. Is anyone going anywhere exciting? Somewhere you have always wanted to go and haven't had the chance unitl now. Maybe a place you are really excited to visit?
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're doing WDW this year() and our usual homage to Myrtle Beach to my mothers. But the trip I'm most excited about is one of my older DS school science trips to Yellowstone & Jackson Hole. Though not excited about flying across contry with 12 teenagers (10 of them boys) I am excited about the trip itself. Almost more than WDW!!!!
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Jojo, this is where we are looking into for the summer of 2012. I am really excited for you. It looks like a really interesting place!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We need ideas!

We aren't doing Disney this summer, since we were just there in January, so we're trying to decide where to do.

DD really wants to see New York, but otherwise we're a bit stuck. (has to be 12 hours or less from Toronto - ideally!).

I look forward to hearing where everyone else is going.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to forward you some pic when we get back. Most of our trip is educational since it is with the school, but this also assures I can see many things less touristy and more intriguing, maybe some lesser known things about the park. We'll be white water rafting down the Snake River, a tram tour in Jackson Hole to the higher elevations (10,000 ft elevation) of the Grand Tetons. I am soooo excited! You'll love it I'm sure.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Heather, I'm not sure if it is within 12 hours or not or if your family would like this kind of thing but we had a really good time in Salem, MA. There are so many fun things to do there.
    Many, many witch related museums, reinactments, a pirate musuem, historic building tours, very old cementary, trolly tours. The walking tour is very much like Boston's Freedom Trail. Lines are drawn on the sidewalks.

We stayed three days and on that trip also hit Newport, Rhode Island and toured the mansions for two days. You can't even imagine these places until you see them. Cliff Walk is a beautiful walk. One of the mansions has actors in character. It was alot of fun for us.

You could also throw Boston in, but I think you have already been there. I think the same time we were??????
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessjojo View Post
    I'll have to forward you some pic when we get back. Most of our trip is educational since it is with the school, but this also assures I can see many things less touristy and more intriguing, maybe some lesser known things about the park. We'll be white water rafting down the Snake River, a tram tour in Jackson Hole to the higher elevations (10,000 ft elevation) of the Grand Tetons. I am soooo excited! You'll love it I'm sure.
    I would love to see them! In everything I have read, most tourist only venture into a very small percentage of the park. Some of the most interested things are never seen. Having a guide who knows the park inside and out is a real advantage.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We are doing a few small trips close to home this summer. For the last 3 summers we've done WDW as one of our summer trips (then sometimes another summer trip to another place), so it'll be hard to have a summer with no WDW fun, but my family doesn't feel like doing lots of traveling this summer. WDW is a 12 hour drive for us and my hubby and kids don't want that long drive this summer. Plus we were just there in March!

Our plans are to visit San Antonio with a side trip to Galveston Beach on the way home, visit a water park that's only an hour away from home that my kids have never been to spending the weekend there, DH wants to do a camping trip, perhaps a weekend to one of the gulf coast beaches, and a weekend getaway to Lake Conroe Texas and the Woodlands Resort near Houston. We also just did a weekend in New Orleans and will probably make our way back there sometime between now and the fall. DH does triathlons so we are also looking for any races in locations we'd like to spend the weekend at. There is a race in Fort Walton Beach, Florida in August so we may do that as well. I think this is going to be an exciting summer for us. Instead of one or two big vacations we'll be able to do lots of smaller getaways without spending a ton of money. It'll be fun to just go whenever we feel like it instead of me feeling like we need to save that money for the big vacation, or feel guilty about spending when we just got back from a big vacation.

I hope everyone has a great summer!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't going anywhere, we are taking our vacation in December.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    We need ideas!

We aren't doing Disney this summer, since we were just there in January, so we're trying to decide where to do.

DD really wants to see New York, but otherwise we're a bit stuck. (has to be 12 hours or less from Toronto - ideally!).

I look forward to hearing where everyone else is going.
    Have you considered Michigan for a trip? There are a lot of fun things to do like Mackinac Island, Traverse City, anything on the Great Lakes, and Michigan Adventure. If you look lower in the state, there is the Ann Arbor Art Fair, the Detroit Zoo and loads of other fun things!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have no plans as of yet. My wife's sister and her family are coming back for the summer after living in Egypt for over a year. My wife is so excited she really misses them, she was in the room with her sister and husband while she gave birth to 2 of the 3 kids and we hung out with then at least a couple times a week.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Leona View Post
    Have you considered Michigan for a trip? There are a lot of fun things to do like Mackinac Island, Traverse City, anything on the Great Lakes, and Michigan Adventure. If you look lower in the state, there is the Ann Arbor Art Fair, the Detroit Zoo and loads of other fun things!!
    In the last couple of months I have seen many commercials on Michigan tourism.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    Our plans are to visit San Antonio with a side trip to Galveston Beach on the way home, visit a water park that's only an hour away from home that my kids have never been to spending the weekend there, DH wants to do a camping trip, perhaps a weekend to one of the gulf coast beaches, and a weekend getaway to Lake Conroe Texas and the Woodlands Resort near Houston. We also just did a weekend in New Orleans and will probably make our way back there sometime between now and the fall. DH does triathlons so we are also looking for any races in locations we'd like to spend the weekend at. There is a race in Fort Walton Beach, Florida in August so we may do that as well. I think this is going to be an exciting summer for us. Instead of one or two big vacations we'll be able to do lots of smaller getaways without spending a ton of money. It'll be fun to just go whenever we feel like it instead of me feeling like we need to save that money for the big vacation, or feel guilty about spending when we just got back from a big vacation.

I hope everyone has a great summer!
    Denise you are going to be busy this summer!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to Home Depot this summer so I can finish fixing my house.

Assuming I can get that done, we may go to the Grand Canyon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    Denise you are going to be busy this summer!
    Yes, we will be busy this summer, but these are all places fairly close to home that we've been wanting to visit with the kids, but have always put these "smaller" trips on the back burner for bigger vacations like WDW. This year we'll be able to do all these little getaways for less than we'd spend on one big WDW trip. None of these trips will be more than 2-4 days long, so while it might seem like a lot its basically just weekends here and there.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryca1dreams View Post
    I'm going to Home Depot this summer so I can finish fixing my house.

Assuming I can get that done, we may go to the Grand Canyon.

We were there a couple of years ago. I loved it. It was really amazing. We stayed at the El Tovar and it was very nice.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We're moving! From California to Virginia. It's a big one, so we probably won't take a trip anywhere else. However, since we'll be new to the area, I'm sure we'll spend some time exploring D.C. and might take a weekend drive up to NYC or Philadelphia.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Natalie, that's a big change. Have you always lived on the west coast?

DC is one of my favorite cities to visit. You can go there for a week and still not have scratched the surface of what they have to offer tourists. Plus, if you are close to DC then you have Baltimore right around the corner too.

Philly has a boat load of historic stuff to see and is a really fun city too.

I'm not much of a NY fan. I really can't say for sure why, it may be just because it is too crowded for me. I know that they have so much to do there but it's not a place I can't wait to get back to.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Rita, I actually used to be a "NJ Girl" too. I grew up in Old Bridge. I moved to CA when I was 14. I've been here (in the state) since then...18 years now!

I'm familiar with Philly, Baltimore, and NYC. We'd go to those places mostly because it will be new to our kids. My husband has never been to Philly. I used to love the Franklin Institute when I was a kid, and I think my boys would enjoy it!

We are also talking about visiting Hershey. My chocaholic son would be in heaven.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

My husband's family is having a reunion in CO. We're in FL so the kids and I will be flying out and meeting up with my husband from his current work site. We also plan to do some site seeing of either Mt. Rushmore or Grand Canyon. We'll be about equidistance from either site.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: