Quantcast 2 New Restaurants opening May 25 at the Disneyland Hotel! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

You sold me. I'm going to check it out this Saturday.

ETA: Didn't visit Tangaroa Terrace or Trader Sam's. Other members of party not in the mood for trying either one. Maybe next time.
    Last edited by tinkwest; 05-29-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Update
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Tangaroa Terrace is actually all things considered a very nice restaurant. We ate there yesterday. Both had burgers. They were yummy and gone quickly. The only gripe is the service at the counters was SLOOOOOW. There were only like five guest with two cashiers and it took forever to get thru the line. UGH.

It is a quality meal at a decent price for those guests wanting to remain on property. Good atmosphere except for the occasional too loud of a child at the pool. Would I eat there again? Yes. Will it be frequently? No.

For me if I am craving a burger there is Red Robin just down the street and In-n-Out a few exits away. Worth it to me to go to those places.

Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend will be crazy busy at the resort with all of the new offerings. I may just have to visit TS instead.

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there on Saturday. Thought about heading over to the DLH to try out one of the new restaurants. I am getting tired of Whitewater snacks.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney4us2 View Post
    We will be there on Saturday. Thought about heading over to the DLH to try out one of the new restaurants. I am getting tired of Whitewater snacks.
    Go to Tangaroa Terrace! It's GOOOOOOD!

I just got back from DLR. My son wanted to get a burger and fries at Whitewater, so we went there for him, but I held out for TT. I knew that they didn't have regular french fries there (only sweet potato fries, which DS does NOT like). Glad I waited. Although I did get slightly lost trying to find Tangaroa Terrace, I did find it. I drooled over the delicious looking desserts and pastries before ordering my lunch from the touch screen kiosks (LOVE THOSE, glad to finally see them at Disneyland!).

I got the Kalua Pulled Pork Flatbread. Paid, got my number, and took a seat outside so we could overlook the pool area.

My flatbread arrived very quickly (in under 5 min) and I dug in.

Approximately 5 minutes later, it was gone. It was SO good. I could have eaten another one. I loved the overall look and ambiance of it. It sort of reminded me of the Polynesian Resort, but I liked it better. If the Poly was more like this, I'd stay there.

I give this place two thumbs way up! Although it is small, there is plenty of seating both indoors and out, and the food offerings are really unique and everything I saw that others had looked amazing! Can't wait to go back.

Here's some pics I snapped of the venue and my lunch!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

That look so good. I can't wait to go there. I saw a menu and they have salmon & rice on the kids menu. Jess will love it. Salmon and rice are one of her favorites.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Are either of the new places table service or are they both quick service?
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    Are either of the new places table service or are they both quick service?
    Tangaroa Terrace is quick service, but they bring your food to the table for you. You get a number and then it's brought out. In addition, they use "real" plates and silverware. They bus the dirty plates and flatware away at the end of the meal. In addition, if you buy a fountain drink, they will get you a refill if they see your cup is empty. So, it's what Disney is calling "casual quick service".

Trader Sam's is a traditional bar. You can sit at the bar or at tables inside or outside (they are more comfortable seats than the ones for the Terrace next door). You will have a waiter, and you can order drinks as well as a variety of "bar foods" like wings and stuff like that. Many of the same food items from Tangaroa Terrace are on the menu, but if you order from Trader Sam's, it's more like TS (but still a bar atmosphere, if that makes sense). I guess, it's like eating at the Tambu Lounge at the Poly. Trader Sam's and Tangaroa Terrace share a building, but they have a wall separating them, so if you are inside one, you can't see inside the other. There are separate entrances to each.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Has anyone heard of interactive things at the new bar that are triggered by someone ordering certain drinks?
    I have confirmed that there are several interactive props that activate when certain drinks are ordered at Trader Sam's. One is a ship in a bottle that animates, goes through a storm then sinks.

Have also read that there are several props from The Adventures Club at WDW in the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Mega, the bar is totally cool. You will enjoy it a great deal. The interactive drinks are fun but the bartenders are already tired of making them. I ordered a regular cocktail and they loved me for it.

One comment regarding the bar is our experience yesterday. We went on a Saturday night and there was a line to get in. Now I know it is a summer weekend, but don't you think you should have made the capacity higher than 40 some odd people? Seems like a lot of money spent on theming for such a small payoff. There is seating available outside, but the only seats available to us was a bench and table across from another couple with a baby. Uhm. No, thank you.

So we waited about fifteen minutes to get a seat at the bar. Once in, we had a blast. Brent had a Shrunken Head (his current fav) and I tried the Pirahna something or other. LOL. It was tasty, but won't get that again. Too much like a Pina Colada for me. Several people were having Uh-Oh-Ahs which meant lots of bar interaction. Was fun. It rained mainy times on us too. We ordered the pulled pork flatbread and that was very yummy! It was gone in seconds. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

sounds interesting. if i do go out there in Sept Ill check it out
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2