Quantcast Main Street Electrical Parade

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Main Street Electrical Parade

We haven't watched a nighttime parade since 2001 due to the time of the year when we visited. This year we can actually see this parade. We are also excited about seeing it because we have The Music of Disney soundtrack and the Baroque Hoedown is on it and my children LOVE to hear it.

Anyway, my question is, what time do people usually start to line up for this parade? And, what, IYVOHO, is the best vantage point to watch this parade?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We watched from the outside eating area at Pecos Bill's which worked out well for us. People start lining up an hour or more in advance for the parades. We lined up right as the parade started. It was the Monday following Thanksgiving, so it wasn't packed at the Magic Kingdom that day.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We line up at least 1 hour before the parade.
    We usually sit right in front of Casey's on
    Main Street. I am not a fan of the Electrical
    parade. I like spectromagic much better. I hope
    they bring it back real soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Really most places are great to watch the parade. I've found that if we watch from anywhere back in Frontierland we don't have to line up as early. If we are anywhere near Main Street though, we take a seat as soon as we see other people starting to sit on the curbs.

If you are a photographer like I am, you might want to find a vantage point where you will be taking photos of the floats so that the castle will be in the background. This view makes for gorgeous photos!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

I sit on the curb really close to my favorite spot for fireworks: on the circle right in front of the castle at the 9 o'clock position, right as the parade makes the turn into frontierland.

Then I'm all set for fireworks. All I need is a scout to go for drinks or ice cream!
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Anywhere on the street is a good place to view the parade, however, which section of the parade path totally depends on what your plan is afterwards. If you want to watch fireworks, then someplace up around Cinderella Castle is your best bet. Or, if you're like us and want to pretty much head out to the resort afterwards, we like a spot on the circle by the Main Street Train Depot. When it's over, we just head out, hop the ferry, and are back to our car pretty quick, without having to fight crowds.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

What time does the night time parade actually start? We will have our DD6 and DD9 with us, is it as a late time? We are hoping they will stay up to see it.
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

Post Thanks / Like

The parades and fireworks times can vary. You should check the disney website for the time that you are going to be there. And sometimes they'll have 2 parades if there are extra magic hours.
    şoşKathyşoş TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We always watch in Frontierland, I think it is out front of Pecos Bills. There is a brink 1/2 wall you can sit on. The last time we went was during 4th of July week and it was crowded. People were rude and pushing their kids up in front of people who had been sitting.
    October 2000 & 2003 CBR
    March 2004 Offsite
    May 2004 AK Lodge
    July & Sept 2004 Pop Century
    Nov 2004 Offsite
    Dec 2004 Coronado Springs
    March 2005 Contemporary
    July 2010 Contemporary
    May 2011 AK Lodge
    Nov 2011 POR-Riverside
    Feb 2012 Polynesian
    April & May 2012 Boardwalk

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the time of year, people begin to line up anywhere from 10 min before to 1hr before. The least crowded is Frontierland. We usually start finding a spot about 30 min in advance.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

We'e watched from numerous vantage points and all have been perfectly fine for the parade itself. If you prefer a specific background for photos/filming, you may want to scope your spot out early. We try to get a spot early for better viewing, and pick a spot right on a curb or directly under a rope. And, I've observed, that even if someone works their way in front of you, a CM almost always comes along just before the parade starts and moves them out of the way of the parade. Yes, there will always be the predictablly rude parents that will try to either get in front of you or, at the very least, push their kids in front of you. I personally don't mind allowing a younger child to share my space and have even made that offer, unsolicited. But, I will not make that offer to an adult who arrives at the last minute and tries to muscle in on a great spot that I've staked for the last hour!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darbylew View Post
    We line up at least 1 hour before the parade.
    We usually sit right in front of Casey's on
    Main Street. I am not a fan of the Electrical
    parade. I like spectromagic much better. I hope
    they bring it back real soon.
    I'm with you! I think Spectromagic is much better and I had hoped it would be back by now. Anyone know if and when it is returning? We watched last time from City Hall near the entrance and were probably there 1 1/2 hours before-hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donnine View Post
    I'm with you! I think Spectromagic is much better and I had hoped it would be back by now. Anyone know if and when it is returning? We watched last time from City Hall near the entrance and were probably there 1 1/2 hours before-hand.
    To be honest, I haven't seen this parade since 1989 and the Spectromagic since 2001. So, I have no allegiance to either of them. However, since I have The Music of Disney: A Legacy in Song with the Baroque Hoedown on it, it will be fun to see. My children love me to play that song over and over again when we are driving.

Post Thanks / Like

We watched in Frontierland last night. It was a great spot for the parade. We lined up about 30 minutes before and got a spot sitting on a half wall. The bad part.....we didn't want to stay for the fireworks and were nearly unable to leave the park. I almost had a full-on panic attack trying to get out of the park.

Post Thanks / Like

we have always been lucky and had good seats.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Frontierland seems to be the best place now. We were at the bypass bridge for Splash Mountain. A very kind CM told me and my wife to wait right where we were (right next to a churro stand)and when he put the rope up to go right to it. We had our newlywed buttons on

We did and we had a great standing point for the parade as it came by. A family came up behind us and the little ones could not see, the parents asked if we minded the kids getting in front of us. We didn't mind so the kids came up and got to see the parade close up too.

Mainstreet and around the castle are just too hyper congested for us. Plus we got to see unobstructed fireworks from the same bridge in Frontierland after the parade.

All that and it was our first night in MK as a married couple.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

şoş It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debbymc4 View Post
    We watched in Frontierland last night. It was a great spot for the parade. We lined up about 30 minutes before and got a spot sitting on a half wall. The bad part.....we didn't want to stay for the fireworks and were nearly unable to leave the park. I almost had a full-on panic attack trying to get out of the park.
    An easy way to get out of the MK from Frontierland in this crowded situation is to take the WDW railroad from the Frontierland station, and just ride right around to the Main Street station and there you are at the MK entrance. We've done this several times, when we just feel too tired to walk to the front of the park (Our last ride of the night is usually Splash Mountain).
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    An easy way to get out of the MK from Frontierland in this crowded situation is to take the WDW railroad from the Frontierland station, and just ride right around to the Main Street station and there you are at the MK entrance. We've done this several times, when we just feel too tired to walk to the front of the park (Our last ride of the night is usually Splash Mountain).
    That is a great idea! We usually disagree on riding the railroad, but after a full day, I'll bet everyone will be on board (pun intended).
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We ended up getting a space right at the end of the bridge from the hub into Liberty Square. Our backs were to the Crystal Palace and we were facing the castle. In fact, I was able to use the trashcan there to sit my camera.

This was a great spot. First off, you get a great view of the castle for photos before and during the parade. Second, if you film the parade, the castle is in the background of the shot.

We also like that where we were was inside the area that is closed. So, when the parade time approached, we didn't have to worry about squatters trying to get in front of us.

We did have to line up an hour before the parade. But, it was fine because we realized that many people were doing the same thing.

This spot also gave us easy access to Adventureland for a ride on the Jungle Cruise after the parade. (We had already seen Wishes.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: