Quantcast Fantasmic at DL

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Fantasmic at DL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic at DL

Is the show the same as the one at HS?
    Jodi

Many, many trips as a kid with family
    Last trip: November 2013
    Next trip: June 2014 - Just me and my son!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not the same....if you are coming to Disneyland...i highly recommend you seeing our Fantasmic! When we do go to Disneyworld we will not watch the one at DHS!

Disneyland's Fantasmic is on our Rivers of America and the show uses the Mark Twain and Columbia in the show...plus they also use Tom Sawyers Island. It is awesome.

Just a side note...if you do plan on watching the show....be sure to bring a blanket and have someone sit at around 5ish. There are no benches or seats...
    Sam
    DVC owner at SSR/AKL
    Past Trips:
    POP: 4/15-23 08, 1/27-2/4 09, 12/2-12 09
    AKL SV: 4/25-5/4 12

Disneyland Hotel: 9/29-10/2,12/2-4 2011
    Upcoming:
    GCA 4/19-21 2013 Dream/WDW Oct 16th-26th 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LuvsTigger80 View Post
    It is not the same....if you are coming to Disneyland...i highly recommend you seeing our Fantasmic! When we do go to Disneyworld we will not watch the one at DHS!

Disneyland's Fantasmic is on our Rivers of America and the show uses the Mark Twain and Columbia in the show...plus they also use Tom Sawyers Island. It is awesome.

Just a side note...if you do plan on watching the show....be sure to bring a blanket and have someone sit at around 5ish. There are no benches or seats...
    Agree with all of this, except the parking down at 5pm thing. NOT NECESSARY. I've seen this show from excellent vantage points showing up 15 min early. There are many great places to see from. My tip is watch the second show, but don't try to also watch the fireworks the same night! While everyone is watching the fireworks, go find a spot for the second Fantasmic!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

West Chester, PA (formerly Philadelphia, PA)
    Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Fantasmic at both parks - my first time was at DL during the second season, and I absolutely loved it. I resisted seeing the show in WDW for many years, mainly because I had already seen it, but also because I didn't want to stand in line for an hour or two just to get into the theater. I finally gave in a couple of years ago during Resort Guests' EMH, when I was able to walk right in.

After seeing both shows, I have to say that I prefer the show at DL. There's something very magical about finding a spot around the Rivers of America. And, I agree that it's not necessary to "stake your claim" to a spot so early. I've always been able to find a great spot to stand even when it was very close to showtime.
    Sylvia șOș

80+ WDW visits . . .

1976-88 - I Drive /
    1989-??? - CBR; DL; SoG; CSR; CR; POP; ASMu; WL; FQ

Upcoming:
    30 Apr - 14 May 19 PO French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

My only advice is the same as above, stake out a spot EARLY, the castmembers will not let anyone stand outside the roped area, so if you don/t have a spot they won't let passerbys stop and stare.

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree about getting there early. I've gotten a very good spot just coming in after the first show is letting out and sitting down, though to be honest I don't know how early I got there for the second show.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: