Quantcast Random Acts Of Kindness in the Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Random Acts Of Kindness in the Parks

I was reading another post about buying people snacks with leftover DDP credits and I was wondering what random acts of kindness anyone has done or witnessed (not from CMs but from other guests) to help make someone else's trip more magical.
    I will start it off. Each year my kids always buy the Mickey balloons on Main St. On our last day, as we are leaving down Main St., we always find another family on the way in and we have our kids give their balloons to the the kids coming in. It always puts a smile on everyone's face.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww, that's very sweet! What a great idea!

I often end up with FP that I know I won't use. Then, I hand them to people coming up to the Standby line.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We always give away any fast passes that we don't use before leaving the park for the day.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

A group of us went on Tom Sawyers Island and we found 3 of the paint brushes. By the time we were getting ready to leave, I knew all of them had been found. So, I went up to a little boy who was still looking and asked him to "hold this" and I gave him the paint brush and just walked away. At first he was confused, but then he had a great big smile and started yelling "I found one".
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

We've used left over CS credits to buy a family lunch years ago. We always give away any unused fast passes to a family coming in on our way out of the parks.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We have been given fast passes before. We usually give away our fast passes to someone if we aren't going to use them.

Twice on the last day of our trip, we had extra counter service credits left over and paid for a random family's meal. Definitely made them h appy!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

We've received a number of Fastpasses, but have never had any to give away.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Last time we went to DTD I got a few of the grab bags for my son. He ended up with a few item that were girlie. I knew he was mad about it but he said it was ok. While we went about our shopping, he saw this little girl who just tripped over her own feet (you know the kind who over tired and grumpy). She starting crying and her mom just could not get to stop. He went over to her and gave her the girlie items. The mom so happy that he was able to get her to stop crying. He made me so proud!!

Post Thanks / Like

I gifted the snacks... but as far as receiving anything, nothing yet.

But giving things out and seeing the reaction is just as rewarding as receiving.

Last year my fiancee and I dined at Tony's before our first MNSSHP... we both got the kids punch because it sounded good. We got a glowing buz lightyear and a glowing tinkerbell.

We decided we would find the cutiest kids dressed up like them and give them to them.... the look on the kids faces were priceless
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

Someone gave us a huge bag of leftover supplies at the resort once. It had waters, juice, drink boxes, cups, plates, napkins, etc.. So now we try to do the same and it really makes peoples vacation giving away something that many people would just throw away.

Also as others have stated we give away fast passes if we know we can't use them.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
    A group of us went on Tom Sawyers Island and we found 3 of the paint brushes. By the time we were getting ready to leave, I knew all of them had been found. So, I went up to a little boy who was still looking and asked him to "hold this" and I gave him the paint brush and just walked away. At first he was confused, but then he had a great big smile and started yelling "I found one".
    Oh my. I'm so touched but this gesture. This has brought a tear to my eye. That was so nice! As well as all the other kindness showed by other posters. Intercot people rock!

I usually give away fastpasses to folks in the stand-by line and leftover water/snacks to hotel room neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like

One time at Test Track, I waited in the stand-by line with my brother, his gf and my bf (it was a very long wait. When it was our turn to get in the car I noticed a father and daughter in the single rider line & they were the ones that were going to be riding with us. The daughter looked a little nervous so I told my bf to ride with my brother and his gf so that they could ride together and I would ride with them. They said thank you and that was enough for me. But then as I was walking out of the test track shop the little girl ran up to me with five fast passes for test track.
    Kelly

Next Trip Feb 2022 SOG

Post Thanks / Like

I buy those multi-packs of glow bracelets and keep them in my backpack while I'm enjoying the parks

If I see a kid that's a little grouchy, I'll give them a glow bracelet - it usually puts a smile on their face, and a big sigh of relief on the parents' face too.
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

We going to MK for a one day trip and was waiting in line to purchase a ticket. A kind man approached me and gave me his entry ticket as he headed towards the parking lot tram.

We thanked the man and I'll admit that I did not think it was valid, but I still needed two more tickets. I had the ticket checked by the clerk at the ticket booth and said that it was a valid ticket.

BTW this took place before they scanned your finger at the park entrance!
    Holiday Villas (2000 & 2001)
    Parc Corniche (2002 & 2007)
    Comfort Inn Lake Buena vista (2008)
    Port Orleans Riverside (2009 & 2010)
    Pop Century Resort (2011 & 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

My mom has exteme arthritis all over her body. when we use to go i use to push her in a wheelchair, never minded at all....but one time i was probablay in my early 30's, we were just walking along, and some kid, maybe 16 came up and said his gf and her sister were shopping at one of the gift shops, he was sitting on a bench and saw us, and said i looked like i could use a break and w/o really giving me a choice took over for about an hour pushing her around MK. when he said he needed to get back to her, i thanked him and asked if i could buy him lunch or a drink or something, and he just looked at me like i had insulted him. he just said naw, he enjoyed talking to us, and took off before i could insist....
    it really touched me.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    My mom has exteme arthritis all over her body. when we use to go i use to push her in a wheelchair, never minded at all....but one time i was probablay in my early 30's, we were just walking along, and some kid, maybe 16 came up and said his gf and her sister were shopping at one of the gift shops, he was sitting on a bench and saw us, and said i looked like i could use a break and w/o really giving me a choice took over for about an hour pushing her around MK. when he said he needed to get back to her, i thanked him and asked if i could buy him lunch or a drink or something, and he just looked at me like i had insulted him. he just said naw, he enjoyed talking to us, and took off before i could insist....
    it really touched me.
    That's awesome! It amazes me how Disney makes people feel good and want to do nice things!
    We always give away fast passes that we aren''t using, but I love some of the other ideas on here!! Next time we are there, I love the idea of the glow bracelets...we will do something like that!
    It's always nice to remember the CMs too! They love it when people acknowledge their work!

Post Thanks / Like

TinkRocks I think we may have run into ya'll on our last trip . We were watching Illuminations last October and a nice family offered glow sticks to my 5 year old daughter. You're right it really did make her night!
    Last edited by emmatink; 05-05-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling

July 2001--FW
    Christmas 2005--Offsite
    Oct 2007--GF
    May 2008--Pop
    Oct 2009--Poly
    Oct 2010--BW
    Nov 2010--CS
    Nov/Dec 2011--BW
    Feb 2012--GF
    April 2012--AS
    Sep 2012--WL
    April 2013--Fantasy (eastern carribean)
    Sep 2013-SS
    Sep 2014-Fantasy (western carribean)
    Jan 2015-CS
    May 2016-Fantasy

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

I was on a bus one night with my DH on the way to the MK for EMH and a little girl was having a meltdown in the seat in front of us with her mom. Her poor mom was trying everything she could think of to get her to stop but nothing was working. I remembered I had a silly blinky ring in my backpack. I turned it on and the little girl saw it. I leaned up and told her if she'd be a good girl for her mommy and stop crying she could have it. Surprise - her meltdown stopped. I think for my next trip I'm going to pack some more glow necklaces or other things like that for other little ones when they need a little diversion.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

We've given away our fast passes before. Now that I know glowing bracelets will silence crying children, I'm buying a case for our next trip!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Just tonight a very kind man gave up his seat on the Monorail for me on the way from Epcot to TTC. I guess he could tell I was exhausted! Our last trip in September a couple gave us their remaining stroller credits, and we have also been given those special Fastpass cards you get for doing the DVC tour.

I always offer to take pictures for people so everyone can be in the photo. This trip I have handed out 2 blister Band Aids to people who were hobbling around. I try to pass on the Disney spirit!

A couple of trips ago my older daughter gave away both her light-up Tink clip from a drink she had gotten and her CRT wand to 2 different kids having meltdowns on buses. I was so proud of her!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream