Quantcast Best TS in epcot?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best TS in epcot?

We will be going in october with our twin 8 year old boys. I have all my ressies made and are happy with them but I keep second guessing our epcot ressie. We have dinner ressies for coral reef. We have always wanted to try it because of the view but we arent really fish eaters so we would have to get the one steak choice. There are so many great places in epcot so im not sure. What is the best place? Atmosphere and good food are important.
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, that is a real tough one.

As far as character, we LOVE Garden Grill at the Land with Mickey, Pluto, and Chip n Dale.

We have also eaten at Rose n Crown and Coral Reef. We enjoyed Coral Reef for the atmosphere, food was so-so. We LOVED Rose n Crown. We had ressies right before the Illuminations and were able to watch from our table.

This time, we are going to try La Hacendia and Teppan Edo in Japan.

I think there are so many wonderful restaurants to try in Epcot that it is really hard to choose. We have come to the conclusion that you can only try a couple each visit and go back if you enjoy it. Keep your ressies at Coral Reef. Your twins will really enjoy it. Just ask for a table close to the aquarium, even if it means you wait a little longer. It is well worth it.

Have fun.
    [I][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Mommy of 4
    If you can dream it, you can do it. ~ Walt Disney

------------------------
    Feb 2006 - CBR
    May 2009 - POP
    Jan 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Teppan Edo's is nice, they cook the food right in front of you which helps entertain the little ones. The biggest issue, we encountered there was making sure the kids don't touch the grill.

Post Thanks / Like

Rose and Crown is our favorite!! My boys (5 & 3) LOVE it there.

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at teppan edo a few years ago. We really liked it, but there are so many others places I would like to try before I go back.
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best TS at Epcot?

We love Teppon Edo and so do our kids (6, 5 and 2 1/2). They ask to go there everytime. They love that the server makes them special chopsticks with the silverwear wrapper and a rubber band. The food is great and so is the entertainment that the chefs provide.

That would be my vote!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDoug2 View Post
    Teppan Edo's is nice, they cook the food right in front of you which helps entertain the little ones. The biggest issue, we encountered there was making sure the kids don't touch the grill.
    Spot on here. Kids loved it - keeping kids from touching the grill was a major concern.

We also love Le Cellier.

I am the only fish eater in my family so we have yet to go to Coral Reef. However, This year, we are going to do lunch there and just order a couple of appetizers and a desert to be able to at least enjoy the atmosphere for a little bit.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

We went to Coral Reef last June. I am a non fish eater and I can honestly say the best steak I had the entire week was from here and that included going to Le Cellier. The aquarium kept the youngs we had with us occupied (6,5,4 & 3) and the rest of us got to enjoy our meal.

But my favorite would be Teppan Edo as well. I was forced by the rest of the group to try this one, I don't care for Japenese or Chinese usually. LOVE THIS PLACE.

However they are both on the ADR list for our upcoming trip in August.

June 2007--My Princess #1 First Trip!!!!! Off site
    June 2010--My Princess #2 First Trip!!!! CBR
    Aug 2011--POFQ
    Jan. 2013--POR
    Jan. 2014--I think this is becoming a tradition!! POR
    Jan 2018--All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nqi2 View Post
    We went to Coral Reef last June. I am a non fish eater and I can honestly say the best steak I had the entire week was from here and that included going to Le Cellier. The aquarium kept the youngs we had with us occupied (6,5,4 & 3) and the rest of us got to enjoy our meal.
    Thats good! Maybe I will keep it then, unless I get convinced otherwise
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Teppan Edo. We were there in March with our grandkids, 2, 5 & 7 and they loved it.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Post Thanks / Like

Wow no love for Nine Dragons? Or Via Napoli for that matter.

My personal favorites would be San Angel Inn, Le Cellier, and Rose & Crown. But Nine Dragons holds a place in my heart because it was a fun interactive dinner. My girlfriend got some sort of make your own noodle dish. She had a great time messing with the different sauces to make her dish. I think kids would love it! And I mean is there any food that kids love more than Pizza? I've heard Via Napoli ranks right up there with the greats of New York from a real live New Yorker (but I doubt it can touch New Haven Pizza.).

You also have the benefit of having a ride right across from the restaurant at San Angel Inn. Honestly, I think EPCOT World Showcase is the mecca of dining in WDW and you can't really go wrong with Table Service there.

Post Thanks / Like

Teppan edo with a picky eater...???
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know that it's the best as it's a matter of opinion, but my favorite is Teppan Edo.

Also, we ate at Akershus for dinner for the first time last year & was pleasantly surprised. I'd probably say it's our #2 pick.
    ºoº Joe ºoº
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

Le Cellier
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Rose & Crown in great esp if you can get a patio seat to watch Illuminations.
    October 2000 & 2003 CBR
    March 2004 Offsite
    May 2004 AK Lodge
    July & Sept 2004 Pop Century
    Nov 2004 Offsite
    Dec 2004 Coronado Springs
    March 2005 Contemporary
    July 2010 Contemporary
    May 2011 AK Lodge
    Nov 2011 POR-Riverside
    Feb 2012 Polynesian
    April & May 2012 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Having been to them all with kids (9) and (4) here is my take:
    Best Theme: Coral Reef and Teppan Edo
    Good Food: Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, Mexico
    Better Food: Teppan Edo
    Best Food: Le Cellier

Our kids love both Coral Reef and Teppan Edo. I personally think the food is better at Teppan Edo. Either way, your at Disney. How can you go wrong!
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

Biergarten is also a lot of fun and has lots of choices. Coral reef is a good choice though. I went there with a group of 4 (1 child). None of us had fish, so there are a few non fish options. This was several years ago though, not sure if the menu has changed but there was chicken, steak and a vegatarian choice.
    1990-Polynesian, 1998-All-Star Music, 2002-Off Property , 2003-All Star Music, 2007- Pop Century (twice) , 2008-Old Key West, 2008-Off Property, 2009-POFQ,2010-off property, 2011 - POFQ
    Next Up . . . . November 23-30, 2013- Off Property at the Star Island Resort.

Post Thanks / Like

With a family of 9, and all having very different tastes, we have all eaten just about everywhere in Epcot. Coral Reef was great on atmosphere, but so-so on food, so not a must-do for us. Most found LeCelliers very good, but a little pricey for the amount of food (IMHO), France liked by a few, Japan liked by most, Mexico rated OK, have not eaten @ Norway yet, But out of all the places we've been, we ALL agree that dining at the Rose and Crown and catching Illuminations at the same time was something we'd do each time if we could. Good food and great show!
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

I would keep the reservation at Coral Reef

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

Keep Coral Reef. We've gone there many times, and not a single person in our family likes fish. There are plenty of other things on the menu (chicken, steak, pork tenderloin), and they are really good. I agree with another poster who said that it was the best steak they had, and that included Le Cellier.

As for other TS restaurants at Epcot....holy cow....I don't know if you can go wrong. We don't like Beirgarten, but we don't like German food. We love Teppan Edo, Le Cellier, Chefs de France, and Via Napoli. I like San Angel, but my wife (who grew up in the southwest) does not. I also like Nine Dragons and Tutto Italia.

I would say, keep Coral Reef. If you want to change it and have never eaten at Teppan Edo or Chefs de France, those would be my other choices. Last year for our anniversary trip, my wife and I ate at Brown Derby, California Grill, Teppan Edo, O'Hana, and Chefs de France. Chefs de France was our best meal.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: