Quantcast Just back from AK!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Just back from AK!

My DH surprised me with a stay at AK last weekend. We haven't been back there in years and I was a bit hesitant but have to tell you that we loved it! We were in Jambo House, 5th floor Savannah view. The 1BR was huge-we were thrilled with all of the space. Our DS's were like kids in a candy shop:they loved the huge balcony, great view and IMHO not having to share the sofa bed! My youngest slept in the pull out chair and was very comfortable. The only downfall for us were the restaurants-the food just wasn't our style. But we happlily boarded the bus to the Marketplace and ate there instead. We usually stay for at least a week and do simple cooking, so the restaurants wouldn't hold me back from going back there for our next vacation.
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

AKL is probably the best Deluxe on property as far as hotels go. Love it, have trouble staying anywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Of all the places we've stayed, so far, it's our favorite

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back on Thursday from a stay in a one bedroom on the 5th floor in Jambo House. Wonder if we were there at the same time?
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

After staying at AKL I find it difficult to stay anywhere as else as well. I love getting up and watching the animals and the atmosphere of the place. I keep saying I want to stay other places but AKL has become my home away from home.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Is Jambo House really OK??? I have the treehouses booked for my week in October, but I want to really stay in AKL... I want Kidani, but Kidani is booked solid... They have Jambo House available... Anything you can give me about Jambo House would be appreciated....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I stayed in the Jambo House in 2008 as they were building Kidani. We want to take our girls back there to see the animals and they have a lot of kid activities too (which us big kids joined in on). We would prefer to stay at the Jambo House. We liked the proximity to everything. DH & I are going back to the resort for anniversary dinner at Boma in October.

#35 - SSR 05/16
    34 trips
    2015 SSR
    2014 GFV & CBR/ToT 10mi!
    2013 DWL & POFQ
    2012 Bdwlk & SSR
    2010, 2011 OKW
    2009 BLT & SSR
    2008 SSR & AKV
    2007 SSR 2x
    2006 SSR 2x
    '05 DVC!SSR/DCL
    '03,'04, '07 POP
    '98, '99 ASMo
    '95, '96 2x, '97, '98 ASMu
    '89-'94 Off

Post Thanks / Like

If you want quiet, then Jambo House isn't the best location (for AKL that is). It's been quite packed and loud in recent trips. I think everyone else has discovered the hotel and it's become a favorite.

Other than that, Jambo is a great place to stay. Restaurants and gift shop are second to none, activities are great as well. The pool area is a little boring, but staying at AKL, you can hop over to the Kidani pool and enjoy that as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear you had a great time.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    We just got back on Thursday from a stay in a one bedroom on the 5th floor in Jambo House. Wonder if we were there at the same time?
    We were there for only one night, Tues 5/10. It was well worth it! We were in 5235. Where were you?
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Is Jambo House really OK??? I have the treehouses booked for my week in October, but I want to really stay in AKL... I want Kidani, but Kidani is booked solid... They have Jambo House available... Anything you can give me about Jambo House would be appreciated....
    I have to agree that Jambo House definitely has a "hussle and bustle" atmosphere, but we weren't bothered by it in the least. Our room was so far removed from the lobby, noise was minimal. The decor and architecture of the lobby and outdoor areas were great. My DS's loved looking at everything and we had to pry them away from the rocking chairs around the indoor fire pit so we could pack! My only reasons for not going back would be the restaurants and distance from the attractions. However, I would cook a bit more so cross off the restaurants and as for transportation I would just have to deal with the longer commutes. Also, we are Epcot people and like to end our days there, so it would be a change for us......but change can sometimes be good! Now to talk DH into it....ha!
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just back from AK!

I'm glad you like the AK 5th Fl savanna view room. I too have stayed on that fl with that view and truly find it relaxing and beautiful.

Our family prefers Jambo House for a variety of reasons but everyone is different. I like to be able to have the peaceful room (with a view) and then be able to go to the lobby and have so much life and activity around me.

When we have stayed at AKL we have had a car. That has made getting around easier. It's helpful having a kitchen when staying somewhere where the food options are not to your taste. Just wondering if you have tried The Mara?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    I'm glad you like the AK 5th Fl savanna view room. I too have stayed on that fl with that view and truly find it relaxing and beautiful.

Our family prefers Jambo House for a variety of reasons but everyone is different. I like to be able to have the peaceful room (with a view) and then be able to go to the lobby and have so much life and activity around me.

When we have stayed at AKL we have had a car. That has made getting around easier. It's helpful having a kitchen when staying somewhere where the food options are not to your taste. Just wondering if you have tried The Mara?
    We did go down to The Mara to check out breakfast but it was too crowded and we ordered room service instead (which was pricey but delicious and alot of food). I would definitely try The Mara...the food selections for breakfast were good (platters/eggs/sandwiches/fruit/cereal) and decent prices.
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

When you say "hustle and bustle" you refer to the lobby, not the hallways leading to your rooms?
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousse View Post
    We were there for only one night, Tues 5/10. It was well worth it! We were in 5235. Where were you?
    We were in 5453.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    When you say "hustle and bustle" you refer to the lobby, not the hallways leading to your rooms?
    Some of the hallways can have a lot of foot traffic particularly the hallways located closest to the lobby area. We had to walk by quite a number of rooms before we got to the elevator to take us to our floor.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

glad to hear u had a great time!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: