Quantcast Multiple Online ADR No More!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Multiple Online ADR No More!

Just read that Disney will no longer allow you to book two or more restaurants during the same time period! I'm glad they are making this change, because how often do people book two places at the same time but never cancel the one they don't use. I bet that happens a lot. I hope this allow for more openings for ADRs and maybe even walk ups.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of trips ago, I had family staying in DVC. 1/2 wanted one meal, 1/2 wanted another. We split up, one hotel reservation number, TWO ADR's necessary. Now, we're hosed...

Love you too Disney!
    Last edited by Scar; 05-18-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Removed Reference to Deleted Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    Couple of trips ago, I had family staying in DVC. 1/2 wanted one meal, 1/2 wanted another. We split up, one hotel reservation number, TWO ADR's necessary. Now, we're hosed...

Love you too Disney!
    We've done this before too, many, many times. I'm guessing if you call to make your ADRs they'll still allow this as you can explain the situation to the CM. Or we'll just have to make the family make their own ADRs when they want something different. Last I checked you don't have to have your hotel reservation number noted on your online ADRs. I've made ADRs plenty of times before I had even booked our resort, plus people staying off site can also make ADRs without a resort reservation number.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post

Love you too Disney!
    Couldn't find much about this whole issue on some searches, but what I did find indicated that it was the online system. If that's the case, you could probably still call and talk to someone to get it set up. And, I wasn't able to find any official announcement.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Easy solution for those needing to make 2 ADRs for the same time would be to put it under 2 log-in accounts. That's what we have done in the past. I had an ADR one night for our group and my husband had a separate one for him & our son.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

Post Thanks / Like

180+10 requires a reservation number. And 180+10 is almost required for many busy times of the year, July 4th, Christmas, Easter, etc.

Online reservations also get a one hour head start over being able to call, again, an advantage tough to ignore around the busy times of the year.

People will find loopholes and leverage them I'm sure. It doesn't take much thought to figure it out, although the 180+10 appears to be a hard limit. So, here we are again, punishing those that follow the "rules" and those that don't will continue to abuse the system.

Bad move...

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

This punished those who break the rules. Sure people will find a way to get over. But is it fair that someone may want to book a dinner at Le Cellier and get shut out because someone else books three meals, at the same time, for three different places, one being Le Cellier? Then, no shows the other two ADRs thus shutting someone out who actually does want to eat there?

I already know people who make several different email addresses to get around the no double ADR rule. All they do is call, not give a hotel reservation because they are "staying off property."
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me. Sorry for those of you who need to split up and make more than one reservation at a time. But I am happy that it will stop others from booking up all the good restaurants.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this new rule will stop people that know how to get around the system they still will. But what I do know is that prior to online ADRs exsisting it used to be easy to get a reservation the same day when you arrived at the park in rhe morning. Now to often walk ups are turned away because the restaurant thinks it is full even though they might have a higher no show rate.

Also the article I read only referenced this rule for Online ADRs, so if you call I would assume you could split your party between two restaurants even at 180+10.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I don't think this new rule will stop people that know how to get around the system they still will.
    It makes me wonder what the threshold for "at the same time" is. Sure, you can't make 2 ADRs for 6 pm. What about one for 6 and one for 6:30? Or 6 and 7? People will still find a way around.
    1994- Offsite
    1995- ASMusic
    1999- Contemporary
    2000- ASMovies
    2005- Pop Century
    2006- POR & AKL
    2010- Pop Century
    Dec 2011- Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

this is not true...i booked a reservation that over lapped another meal we planned, and a pop up came up saying i have 2 reserations at the same time, and gave me 3 options. cancel the new, cancel the old, or keep both reservations.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    this is not true...i booked a reservation that over lapped another meal we planned, and a pop up came up saying i have 2 reserations at the same time, and gave me 3 options. cancel the new, cancel the old, or keep both reservations.
    Funny, but I just changed my mind on one of my ADR's for 8/23. I went online to reserve La Hacienda de San Angel, and a pop up said I already have an existing reservation at Akershus. It gave me 2 options: 1) to cancel existing and replace 2) to cancel the new one (La Hacienda).
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

I just did some online ADR switching as well for my trip next week. I had to switch a dinner ADR for Tuesday to another night. I chose Thursday, but I already had an ADR 90 min prior at another restaurant. I had to cancel the old one to make the new one (which is what I wanted to do anyway). NO option to "keep both reservations".

Seems like the new system is set up to only allow ONE ADR per DINING PERIOD (i.e. breakfast, lunch, or dinner).

I'm fine with this change. I wonder why this wasn't implemented from the very beginning?
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: