Quantcast Candlelight Processional Question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candlelight Processional Question

I know this is early, but I am going for my first December trip to WDW and am very excited about the Candlelight Processional. I was hoping take advantage of the ADR package option. From what I read, it sounds like Disney doesn't normally release the dates/packages until sometime in July/August... So my question, if I have an ADR at a restaurant in December are you able to transfer that to a Candlelight Processional package when they are released. I am guessing not, but I figured I would ask the world of Intercot!

Also (while I have you attention), who has gone to the Candlelight Processional? Is it as amazing as I think it is? Is the ADR package really necessary?

Thanks!
    ~Adam

Fauna: Oh...I just love happy endings.
    7/12 - AbD to Greece
    12/11 - French Quarter
    6/10 - Disneyland (AbD Backstage Magic Tour)
    6/09 - Pop Century
    3/08 - Off Site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Your ADR for the CP dinner package is totally separate, so you would not keep anything you currently had for that evening. You would need to cancel that. You are correct in that CP packages are usually released end of August.

As for whether you'll enjoy the CP - well, that's depends. I enjoy it a lot and think it's awesome. BUT, it's not your "typical" Disney show. There's no big effects, no big production. It is, in essence, a mass choir singing traditional Christmas music and hymns while someone (a celebrity) reads the Christmas passages from the Bible. There's very little added script beyond the choir singing and the Bible passages. So, some kids, especially, go in expecting a Disney production and it's nothing like the "normal" stuff. I think it's fabulous in its simplicity, but being a pastor I'm kind of partial to the music and the scripture readings. If you enjoy that kind of thing, you'll love the CP as it's done extremely well.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

You have to cancel the ADR and redo it with the CP package. But usually they can get you to right around the same time you were already at this far out.

It is absolutely worth 2 TS and you would do better with the package than waiting it line to get tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree, it is better to do the package rather than wait for seating which can be over 1 hour.

To reinforce what Stormchaser said, it is one of the least Disneyfied things there. Very traditional and quite appropriately no characters around. For us it was a beautiful and very enjoyable production.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Polynesian Dweller View Post
    Agree, it is better to do the package rather than wait for seating which can be over 1 hour.

To reinforce what Stormchaser said, it is one of the least Disneyfied things there. Very traditional and quite appropriately no characters around. For us it was a beautiful and very enjoyable production.
    I go along with that .It brings the spirit of Christmas right to your heart .We love it
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Offsite 1996 to 2005
    Dec 2006 2007 2008 CBR
    Dec 2009 2010 2011 2013 2014 2017 BLT
    Dec 2012 2015 2016 2018 OKW
    Dec 2017 2018 S/S
    June 2010 BCV
    June 2012 OKW

Post Thanks / Like

We've done it 4 times. Yes, it's worth it to be able to get guarenteed seating. It's a really great show.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

We've been several times, and it is a "must-do" experience when we are there during the holidays. I absolutely believe it is worth the dinner package to get guaranteed seating. The show is just magical (in a different kind of magic) for the holidays.

As the previous posters have indicated - you will not be able to transfer a meal reservation to the Candlelight Processional when the package becomes available.

If you have your heart set on a particular dining location, be sure to call the day the package becomes available - I was on-hold for almost an hour last year (seriously!), but I was able to get my first choice.
    DAWS = Drink Around The World Showcase
    INTERCOT members get a discount
    Drink Around The World Showcase

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: