Quantcast 6 Episode Disney show on HGTV

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation 6 Episode Disney show on HGTV

Sounds like a very fun show.

On HGTV Monday June 6th at 7pm Central.

Called "My Yard Goes Disney"

There is a new TV series coming to HGTV on June 6th called “My Yard Goes Disney.” Six episodes have been filmed and they will run one per week. The series is hosted by R. BranDon Johnson.

Disney Parks teamed with HGTV for the series, which surprises one family each week with an over the top backyard makeover inspired by Disney and promoting the use of one’s imagination.

Kathleen Finch, GM of HGTV, revealed about the series:

"Disney and HGTV are teaming up to transform backyards into the ultimate family hang-out spot. This series features spectacular fantasy makeovers that only the Disney team could imagine and HGTV could pull off."

In just the first episode the family gets a 200-foot long Disney Magic Kingdom-inspired train installed in their yard as well as an oversized teapot and an 8-foot tall sorcerer’s hat. What would you want in your yard that was inspired by the Disney Parks? We would love a bunch of hidden Mickey’s!
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like some of the character topiaries in my garden.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to watch this it sounds great!
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I would love something with an Animal Kingdom theme...lush greens, Indian inspired lanterns, a tiger topiary...Come Disneyfy my back yard!!!!
    All Star Sports-Hurricane Jeanne & Old Key West-2004
    All Star Movie, Old Key West, Coronado Spring-2005
    Wilderness Lodge-Club Level-2007
    All-Star Movies-November 2008
    AKL-Jambo House, Club Level - Feb 2011
    Contemporary Resort-May 2014
    Grand Floridian Resort- November 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what a few episodes are:

Backyard Train Station

When Grandma lives next door and her backyard is also tragic, it's time to knock down the fence and build a Magic Kingdom train running from yard to yard. This amazing track runs more than 200 feet, looping around the trees and creating an incredible journey from one 'My Yard Goes Disney' destination to another. The hand-powered train connects the backyards. Each yard also features play areas to please the kids. There's a giant over-sized teacup that's been transformed into a playhouse and is the perfect spot for tea parties and also a gigantic Sorcerer's hat that doubles as a play area in the other. And all around there are custom-made metal flowers with family pictures of wonderful Disney memories.

Backyard Safari Adventure for a Family of Six Disney-loving Kids

A family with six kids, ages two to six, needs a place to let off steam. And their parents would love to see the Walt Disney World experience come to life in their backyard. That's why the 'My Yard Goes Disney' team creates a safari trip right outside their back door. Modeled after Disney's Animal Kingdom, the space features a massive custom-made bamboo play set, a play fountain with water-spouting elephants and a Jeep converted into a play area for climbing and other adventures. And for night time fun, there's a campfire area that the whole family can enjoy.

A Mickey-shaped Pool for a Disney-loving Family

The Farrell Family is all Disney all the time on land and at sea. What they want more than anything is to bring the experience of a Disney Dream cruise ship into their backyard. The entire family says the memory of spending a week at sea doing everything Disney was "the most amazing week of our lives." The family has a small yard, creating a huge challenge to make this family's dreams come true. The "My Yard Goes Disney" team takes on the challenge with gusto digging a pool shaped like Mickey Mouse, and of course, it has a slide. There's also a stage for a daughter who loves to perform. And a special zipline for her energetic brother. This backyard transformation also features an amazing Disney-inspired fountain with lots of special family touches.
    You can find info on other episodes on the HGTV site if you want .
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds fun
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

We were going to apply for a makeover; a few months back, they were looking for homeowners in the Orlando area to apply, but when we read the fine print, we found we were not eligible since my DW is a WDW CM.

But, we'll at least watch the series.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Is it still possible to apply for a makeover or are they only doing these few episodes?

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the first episode, the Backyard Train, but caught last night's Backyard Safari Adventure. What a cool backyard makeover! Fun show to watch.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I watched it and thought it was pretty neat. Does anyone who saw when it was available to apply were they only looking for orlando area residents?

Last night i saw the safari themed one. All i kept thinking was how dangerous that watering hole area was. There was a huge pile of rocks dead center of the water play area....I believe they were there to hide the drain....but as a mommy I couldnt help but think how dangerous that was.

On the other hand I sooooooo want a Disney yard!
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw last night's episode too and LOVED it! What a deserving family
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have a favorite yard yet? A POTC yard was done tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

I want one!!!! A Haunted Mansion backyard would be awesome. Especially for our big Halloween party we have every year. Of course my first choice would have been Pirates!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as we saw previews for this show, we set the DVR. Still haven't watched any of them...I think it's gonna be a marathon night of watching soon!
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: