Quantcast Star Tours -- Destinations

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Star Tours -- Destinations

Greetings everyone. After getting a chance to experience the new attraction this week, I thought it would be fun to share with other guests your experiences.

Spoiler alert ---- If you haven't been on this attraction and wish to be surprised then I would recommend going to a different discussion now.

First of all, I am so NOT a Star Wars fan. You can ask my friends. This attraction may, just may get me to join the dark side though. Heehee.

Secondly, I love the work that Imagineers did on this attraction. The attention to detail, and the depth to the experiences will have me coming back to this attraction for years to come. Unlike it's predicessor which I would only ride if I was going with newbies.

Finally, let the comments begin. Please share what you would like. I admittedly don't know all of the characters names specifically the spelling so if anyone wishes to correct me that is fine.

My first trip was to Kayshkkk or whatever the Wookie planet is. I enjoyed it. It was sort of funny yet sad to hit a wookie. Wookie road kill. LOL. Then we got a distress signal from Princess Leia and it was her most desperate hour. We were her only hope so we had to rush off to the Death Star (The new one so that we were flying into it).

This first trip was fun. I truly enjoyed it, but ....

The second trip was to Hoth. That was amazing. Flyiing around the Emperial Walkers was way cool. The only gripe I have is we didn't encounter the snow beast. GRRRR! Then we got a signal from General Ackbockeez or something like that. (sp) And at that point we were off to Naboo. We went underwater to the territory of Jar Jar (UGH!). But honestly this part was so much fun. We got attacted by the large sea creatures. Then eventually found our way into battle with drone ships. When our trip came to a stop we had to slam on the brakes in reference to the orginal which I loved, but we didn't stop quickly enough. The glass shattered and a repair droid flew thru the window. LOL.

This second trip way rocked over the first one. One of the reasons I started this forum is to hear about other peoples adventures. I am not about to ride attraction hundreds of times (anytime soon) in order to see all of the variations.

That is all for now.
    Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I been on the ride now 8 times, but had the unique experience to watch (via video) others ride during the Media Event so I've probably seen every destination now 50 times. I love the new ride and how a 20 plus year old attraction is like brand new again. The lines on the opening day were crazy, and continue to stay around 2 hours most of the day.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd share my experiences from this last weekend. I was able to go on the ride three times in the two days.

First I'll start by saying that I don't know much about Star Wars. I never watched them until they were re-released about ten (fifteen???) years ago. And only then because I had a friend that couldn't believe I'd never seen them. I've never seen the three 'new' movies. And only know the names of the most famous of the characters.

Our first trip started off badly with Darth Vader showing up just as we were about to take off and tossed us around. Fortunately we shot backwards and got out of there with our rebel spy. Then we ended up in a pod (?) race. we won! Then we got a call from Princess Leah. Of we went to an underwater world where we were attached by an underwater monster! Fortunately we got away but our landing wasn't all that smooth.

Our second trip was almost stopped by storm troopers. We got away and flew to - another pod race. Then Yoda called us and asked for help. We flew to an astorid belt where a bounty hunter (I'm sure he had a name) was after us. We ducked into the death star, fortunately go away from that, then were confronted by the bounty hunter again. With some amazing shooting work from R2D2 we managed to avoid the bomb and get away. We were received as heros when we arrived with our rebel spy safe but a little shaken.

Our third trip was also almost stopped by Darth Vader. We escaped to a snow planet where we ducked around giant walking robots (I recognize them but don't know there names). Yoda sent us a message for help where we flew off to the astorid belt where we got away from the bounty hunter and death star again.

Over all, this ride was AWESOME even though I didn't know all the players. My favorite part was the underwater one. I'd do this ride multiple times a trip but I certainly wouldn't wait three hours for it! Fast Passes were gone by 10:30 on both days we were there.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be going next month with my brother's family and have been trying to figure out our plan of attack to get in 3 rides in one day with the least amount of time in line.
    Last edited by BrerGnat; 06-21-2011 at 12:19 PM. Reason: oops...edited by accident!
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

That is an easy one. Private message me and will give you some tips.
    Disney fan....yesterday, today and always!

Sometimes we all need a bit of magic.

433 miles away from Disneyland!
    2,836 miles away from Walt Disney World!

Post Thanks / Like

I love this ride, and the improvements are fantastic, my kids (10,7, & 5) were amazed at how cool it was, and now want to be the "rebel spy". We have been twice, we have pod raced and fought Boba Fett (the bounty hunter), been to the wookie planet and Courasant (sp?). The best is being stopped by the Storm Troopers when you are lining up at the gates to enter the ride, we got a fabulous picture with one and they pay special attention to anyone in "star wars' gear, the R2D2 mickey ears bring lots of attention. We have just moved back to the area and got our Annual Passes, we hope to get to Hoth next!
    "We get there when we get there!"
    Disneyland Too many times to count
    Saratoga Springs OCT '00, Dec. 2010, Dec. 2014, Dec. 2015
    A S Sports DEC '03
    POP May '06
    AKL Jan '08 Offsite Sheraton Vistana Jan '08
    Port Orleans Mar 2015, May 2015
    Coronado Springs Sept 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: